Fog 1 first time use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Souk

Jun 2, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am new here. My name is Soukaina and I want to start vaping. I bought the Fog 1 starterkit and I am using gold label premium liquid. Everytime I open the air-hole control ring my e-cigaret starts leaking liquid. The woman in the shop says that I have to keep the air-hole shut but the manual says that it has to be open in order to get enough smoke. Also the plastic rings that came with the smoker are not used. She claims that they don't have a purpose but I find that hard to believe. Can someone help me out?

Ps: English is my third language so please don't mind any misstakes in my writing

IMG_2679.jpg

Last edited:

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I was able to do a search and found the Just fog 1, there are also videos on youtube about your unit. Liquid coming out the bottom air flow is a common problem with tanks.
You would have to open up the tank and make sure there is a gasket on the atomizer and the atomizer is a little tight. I hope you have already looked through the manual that should have come with it. There should also be another atomizer you should try.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi everyone,

I am new here. My name is Soukaina and I want to start vaping. I bought the Fog 1 starterkit and I am using gold label premium liquid. Everytime I open the air-hole control ring my e-cigaret starts leaking liquid. The woman in the shop says that I have to keep the air-hole shut but the manual says that it has to be open in order to get enough smoke. Also the plastic rings that came with the smoker are not used. She claims that they don't have a purpose but I find that hard to believe. Can someone help me out?

Ps: English is my third language so please don't mind any misstakes in my writing

View attachment 661669
Hi and welcome.
Return to the shop and make the CSR fix the problem or return your money.
She (the shop woman) lied directly to your face. Ask to speak to the owner and demand a working unit or your money back.

Best of luck
I

BTW: Where are you located?

Reactions: Tonee N

Souk

Jun 2, 2017
I was able to do a search and found the Just fog 1, there are also videos on youtube about your unit. Liquid coming out the bottom air flow is a common problem with tanks.
You would have to open up the tank and make sure there is a gasket on the atomizer and the atomizer is a little tight. I hope you have already looked through the manual that should have come with it. There should also be another atomizer you should try.

Thank you so much for your reply. I think I need to do a little bit more research. For now it stopped leaking by itself. I hope it's safe to use.

Souk

Jun 2, 2017
Hi and welcome.
Return to the shop and make the CSR fix the problem or return your money.
She (the shop woman) lied directly to your face. Ask to speak to the owner and demand a working unit or your money back.

Best of luck
I

BTW: Where are you located?

Thank you for your reply! For now it stopped leaking but I am a bit hesitant of using it. I'll just go back tomorrow and try to speak to someone else.
I am living in the Netherlands.

Reactions: Izan

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
If your tank is leaking it means that there is a leak somewhere. That leak is originating from either the replaceable coil head or with the o-rings installed on the tank. The extra o-rings for rebuilding the tank are most likely what is in that bag that you asked about.

No you cannot vape with the airflow holes completely closed.

Top fill tanks can display aggravating behavior such as leaking and/or spitting right after filling them. I find that if I start vaping immediately after filling to burn off liquid that floods the coil, the wick will arrive at the necessary air:liquid pressure equilibrium without leaking.

Do not buy any vape gear from that person again as she clearly knows nothing about the topic.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I will say this-- every time I've had a problem in the past, as far as my rig, including dropping one battery hard and causing separations in about 3 places? Vape shops in my area (I usually go to where I purchased it, but not always) have been SUPER helpful, a couple times knowledgeable staff have completely rebuilt/fixed my battery for me (I'm super clumsy :) ) but, the point is, I found it useful to maintain a relationship with a smoke shop that doesn't suck for needs I have (and no, I don't buy EVERYTHING from them, mainly because they are so into KANGER products which I hate-- I find them flimsy and awful, but I will buy juice, etc., often to try new flavors.) The point is though, if you can find a shop that will help you with problems while you learn the lay of the land (as I am still doing) that can be immensely helpful. I was able to have several products TOTALLY ressurected for free, and trust me, I'm no engineer, so I'm unlikely to know how to fix it myself.....) But finding a really good shop or chain near you is worthwhile, if you can. I'm in the USA so it's a bit easier, but developing that relationship is both helpful, and useful. HERE is awesome too, I look forward to the day where I don't have to freak out if something isn't working. AND, unless I state that I DID the problem (e.g. dropped the battery), if there's a problem, my local smoke shop will help me out/and or if I didn't buy it there, give me good instructions for dealing with a bad or malfunctioning product.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi everyone,
View attachment 661669
Welcome and glad you tried the english language. I was born to it and am still struggling. Give me math any day, this country has everything backwards and messed up. How can most english speakers get better grades in english and can't figure math.
So, to start the learning process, may want to check:
vapetown
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
http://guidetovaping.com/category/e-cig-beginner/
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Tonee N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread