Fogger v2 performance upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
I'll add in a shot of how the coil looks now, same one I have been using for a while, just took a few wraps off of it since it's stuck on the full sized Natty now instead of the 18350 mod it was on before. Running at .6 ohm 28g parallel contact coil.

fogger%20cotton%20%281%29.JPG

And a pic of it on my Torched Natural

natty%20burnt%201.JPG

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
So I got my bottom cap off using the method above but in the process of doing so, I locked up the threads on the air control ring. I don't think even the power of Thor could get that thing spinning again.... Any ideas?

Hot or cold treatment, Cold will shrink less dense objects faster but keep them smaller longer. Try freezing the base for an hour in your icecube tray area give it a twist and if its still stuck, run a lighter flame around the outter ring trying to get it warmer while impacting the main 'base' as little as you can. Ideally you can swell the outer while the inner is stil a bit contracted, and break the threads loose.... I'm sure it's easier said than done.

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
I've noticed I can impact the density of the vapor by watching how much clearance is between the coil and the botom of the deck. Rewicked again,sill on a single cotton swab tube ish sized wick but pushed the whole coil downwards a mm or two to get it hugging that air flow. definitely upped the fluff of the vapor. This thing
has reached the instant on state. Picking it up from cold, the mod is full steam in less than half a draw, no prewarming delay down there.

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
im so sad, i got this in the mail, tried to take it apart, and it COMPLETELY bent where the chimney screws on. COMPLETELY i haven't even tried to build it yet.

Well, that's why I ordered 2 of them. I burnt the core of one of the foggers here, know how it feels when the thing becomes unusable :(

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Matthew Keller said:
The design itself has inherent flaws, the taifun gt has the same flaws.

Do you have a Taifun GT?

What are these flaws you think are the same?

I have a Taifun GT and a fogger and they aren't even playing the same game. For me the Taifun just works, is super easy to attach the coil and run the wick, super easy to fill. And the fogger is none of those.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Finally got the Fogger V3 to wick properly. After trying a few methods, fluffing the cotton, pushing inside the base and separating half the wick and folding it back behind the juice channel opening did the trick. Have a 1 ohm micro coil horizontal mount. Turning out to be a tasty flavored rba. Haven't done any of the air flow mods yet, but after a tank or two, will give it a work over. Find filling it a breeze, just pop off the top and pour in the juice. Don't even mess with the screw fill hole, waste of time, and would probably lose the screw. Delivering really great flavor, cooking it at 15 watts currently. Has anybody gotten the Taifun 1:1 clone yet? Almost ordered one from FT, but the plastic tank section was a deal breaker. Will wait for the glass tank or steel tank version to come out.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
My v3 bottom came apart by accident tonight LOL. Just UN screwed....anyway I did see a couple things while I was in there. I got a 1/16 drill bit and bored out the 4 holes in the center air post, also drilled out the center of the post it self.

While pushing the center air pole with the holes back into the bottom of the coil deck, through the tiny silicone insulator I noticed the insulator itself covers the top 2 holes completely, some of the lower 2 holes... :eek:

So I tried to leave the insulator out...the air flow at that point is amazing. Feels like very little restriction if any....too airy honestly.

Well without the rubber insulator on that air pole (air pin, whatever).... it wobbles and shorts out against the deck, so had to put the insulator back. Air flow is back to restricted. :banghead:

So my dilemma at this point is should I remove the air pole completely? Or if there a fix to that insulator? Seems like the tight fit of the insulator and that air pole, cutting the insulator would just push it up into the coil deck...?

Sent using my typewriter

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Update: I've realized I'm addicted to this crap. I can't even sleep!

I took it apart again, cleaned it all up. Rebuilt the coil and got the air flow to be amazing (in my opinion)

Got the air pole silicone insulator half way up inside the deck, don't see it from the top of the deck inside...and don't see it under where the power pin touches the metal disc connected to the 510 pin. So the results are all four holes are exposed and able to draw air. Plus the fact I bored out the air pole center to 1/16 drill bit...actually did it by hand with a pliers. That metal is so soft...I think someone said it's brass coated in chrome?

The air draw is very acceptable I'm trying to use it 90% closed based on a post I read somewhere that these type tanks need a bit harder draw to keep the vacuum action inside the coil chamber...?

Little leaking, but seems to level it self out in the first few minutes...at least it has so far.

The coil is 28ga write with 10/11 wraps around what I think was a 3mm precision hex driver...ohmed out to 1.9 ohms. I was shooting for 1.5, but what'cha'gonna'do?

Anyway I STUFFED a piece of hollow 3mm ekowool inside that micro coil...fired nicely from center out. Not the prettiest, but fairly even and tightly kept together.

I then layed a 2mm piece of silica on top as flavor wicking. Put on the chimney cap and pushed all the quick into the chamber hole cutouts. No wick is extending or from the chamber or cap.

Using my evic at 11 watts which is maximum, about 4.6v produces pretty good flavor and vapor.

Tried it on my son's iTaste SVD, which goes to 15 watts and it was even better! (Got to get me one of those)

Anyway, so far so good. A little bit of gurgling but a few quick chain vapes seems to iron that out. I'll need more time to vape a couple tanks and see how it goes.

I have a couple questions for you guys please!
How long should ekowool last?
The coil in here is wrapped fairly large to accommodate the 3mm thick ekowool. But as I understand the coils out live the wicks.

I filled it using the top fill cap screw and a needle. With air flow closed. It only hold 3.5ml of juice and that's pushing it. 3ml is about the max to leave a little air inside the glass. I read one listing where it says 8ml tank! Very exaggerated...they hold 3ml.

Are they any specific filing instructions you might have? Or know if there is an equalization period after filling where you should just let the tank settle in?

Ok that's it for tonight....I look forward to reading replies tomorrow.

Sent using my typewriter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread