Foggy Windows in the House

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes, it should help. I vape 50/50 or 60pg/40vg. I don't do sub Ω and don't cloud up the house. I have been vaping for just over 5 years and have never had to deal with foggy or greasy windows. I go through less than 5mls of e-liquid a day vaped with 1.8 Ω or higher coils. HTH

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Over time VG leaves a clear slightly greasy film on surfaces. The higher the percentage of VG in a juice the faster this film builds up. PG also leaves a film but not to the extent VG does. This film builds up faster when Sub-ohm vaping since you consume more juice in a shorter period of time, the more juice you vape in a day the faster this film builds up. Even so, vape residue is easy to clean off, much easier than the tenaciously sticky yellow/brown tar deposited when smoking cigarettes/tobacco. That stuff was a nightmare to clean.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I was outside in the freezing cold cleaning my windows because when driving last night it was driving me up a wall with the haze on my windows even though it was really minor. I did the drivers windows first and when I was working my way around the vehicle had to take a break due to the temperature so naturally I was vaping and when I blew it out the drivers door the cloud made all the streets I missed show up clear as day! So trick to see the spots you missed but it does add some additional vape film!

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have found that the damp cold weather we are having lately is promoting the build up of vape residue on my windows in the truck. I am .... about having clean windows and try to do at least a weekly cleaning. I have also found that the side window defroster vents tend to dry the vapor right up and adds to the build up. What is funny the vape towels never seem to dry up that I use for filling the tanks.

Reactions: David Wolf

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
ucIBRih.png

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Yes... and I've been trying to find the best thing to clean them, since Windex type spray or even a plain cloth or paper towel doesn't do the trick for me. Glass cleaner with vinegar came close, but still didn't cut it.

But what has been working best for me has been The Home Store brand of aerosol Glass and Surface cleaner from Dollar Tree/Deals. Works wonders. And for only $1 a can, you almost don't mind doing it every couple of days.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Yes... and I've been trying to find the best thing to clean them, since Windex type spray or even a plain cloth or paper towel doesn't do the trick for me. Glass cleaner with vinegar came close, but still didn't cut it.

But what has been working best for me has been The Home Store brand of aerosol Glass and Surface cleaner from Dollar Tree/Deals. Works wonders. And for only $1 a can, you almost don't mind doing it every couple of days.

I use Armor All glass cleaner followed by a Microfiber towel to keep the windows clean and clear and don't forget the elbow grease because that is always required!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread