Foggy Windows in the House

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I went a long time before first having issues with the car windows. Problem is, I can get them clean looking, but vape for 60 seconds and the wipe marks come back.

That is where the Microfiber cloth comes in! That takes away the wipe marks.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
In my home I have a small exhaust fan going when I am in the room vaping. Takes the vape cloud and exhausts it outside. The small fan is set in a window several feet from my location but it works to get the job done no vapor hanging in my room or on my windows. The fan is virtually silent but gets the job done nicely.

Reactions: David Wolf

jesem

Jul 1, 2014
Ohio
I notice the film on my car window and also on my house windows. I Vape sub ohm at 50-50 VG / PG. I'm just now in the process of trying to figure out what's going to work best to clean it... Windex did okay but really not so great... Getting ready to try Windex and vinegar at this point. I've heard that the product called glass plus does the best job

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
I have the same problem with the car windows. Windex wasn't doing the trick. A friend suggested using Dawn dish soap so I filled a spray bottle with hot water and added a few drops of Dawn. Sprayed it on all of the windows and let them soak for 15 minutes. Resprayed with just hot water and wiped the windows clean with paper towel. It worked like a charm. Finding that I have to clean them about every other week especially in cold weather. Anyone know of some kind of window application that will keep them from fogging up like that?

Reactions: CMD-Ky

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I use Armor All glass cleaner followed by a Microfiber towel to keep the windows clean and clear and don't forget the elbow grease because that is always required!
I use this
ph-S808NYG.jpg

And this
61Ysk9X7sAL._SL1414_.jpg

Tapatyped

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I use this
ph-S808NYG.jpg

And this
61Ysk9X7sAL._SL1414_.jpg

Tapatyped

I found out the using regular glass cleaner is bad for the interior because of ammonia in it supposedly. But since the Armor All cost the same and does a great job I have been using it for a couple of years now since receiving it in a detailing kit I received as a present. Not a lot of that elbow grease required and I am one for less work no matter what it is!

Reactions: beckdg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I found out the using regular glass cleaner is bad for the interior because of ammonia in it supposedly. But since the Armor All cost the same and does a great job I have been using it for a couple of years now since receiving it in a detailing kit I received as a present. Not a lot of that elbow grease required and I am one for less work no matter what it is!
No ammonia you say?

Hmmm... I'll have to remember that.

Though, to be honest, I refill my spray bottles with wiper fluid until they quit anyway.

You'll never catch me cleaning flat glass with anything but a scraper, a scrubber and a squeegee.

Tapatyped

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I've been using rubbing alcohol 90% on mine. Especially for the house. Cuts right through it. Probably not good to use on tinted car windows but works well on the windshield too.

I am going to try it on my vape cabinet next time because I just cleaned them. Do you put it on he rag or paper towel or put it in a spray bottle?

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I just take it from the bottle and put a little on a paper towel. Probably would work well on a microfiber towel too.
I have a spray bottle of it in my car because my defroster is not working right now. It does wonders melting frost on car windows too. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread