Footoon Aqua FX - coil-head tank and RTA; top fill; 3ml and 5ml

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Footoon has just announced his new product, the follow up to the Aqua SE. Though it's quite a departure from his previous tanks, the Aqua SE, v2 and v1.

It's called the "Aqua FX" featuring "FICS". FICS is the Footoon Invented Coil System, which means pre-made coils. It will also have an RTA deck, yet to be seen.

I thought I would put this in the RTA section as all Footoon's other tanks have been RTAs so most of the initial interest will come from here. Also I am expecting the RTA deck to be a full, capable deck, and therefore am expecting it to be as good as a full RTA but with optional pre-made coils (rather like the Goliath v2).

Features:
  • Top fill, with two wide flil holes (in the video he literally pours a bottle into it, without a spout!)
  • Two tank sizes: 3ml and 5ml
    • Extended (and included) chimney adapter and separate glass converts from default 3ml to extended 5ml
  • ULTEM (a plastic similar to PEEK) 510 drip tip, with a stainless steel mouthpiece
  • 'Anti-Particle System' on top of the coil - some kind of filter, I guess mostly to stop juice-in-mouth
  • FICS (Footoon Invented Coils) - replaceable coils, large with integrated positive post
    • Should make them very good for TC connectivity
  • RTA deck (yet to be seen)
Video:

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Footoon has just announced his new product, the follow up to the Aqua SE. Though it's quite a departure from his previous tanks, the Aqua SE, v2 and v1.

It's called the "Aqua FX" featuring "FICS". FICS is the Footoon Invented Coil System, which means pre-made coils. It will also have an RTA deck, yet to be seen.

I thought I would put this in the RTA section as all Footoon's other tanks have been RTAs so most of the initial interest will come from here. Also I am expecting the RTA deck to be a full, capable deck, and therefore am expecting it to be as good as a full RTA but with optional pre-made coils (rather like the Goliath v2).

Features:
  • Top fill, with two wide flil holes (in the video he literally pours a bottle into it, without a spout!)
  • Two tank sizes: 3ml and 5ml
    • Extended (and included) chimney adapter and separate glass converts from default 3ml to extended 5ml
  • ULTEM (a plastic similar to PEEK) 510 drip tip, with a stainless steel mouthpiece
  • 'Anti-Particle System' on top of the coil - some kind of filter, I guess mostly to stop juice-in-mouth
  • FICS (Footoon Invented Coils) - replaceable coils, large with integrated positive post
    • Should make them very good for TC connectivity
  • RTA deck (yet to be seen)
Video:

I'm definitely interested in (a clone of) this! The Aqua v1 was good and the v2 is one of my favourite atties to date (and one of the most leak-proof). I've been waiting for a top fill atty that would suit me.

The "first innovative Aqua" slogan is hilarious though. Way to dis everything you've done earlier :D

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Still no word on the RTA deck. In the meantime, a couple of promotional pictures from Footoon to keep the thread alive:

11914876_896339030441122_6513724271211912375_n.jpg

11207358_895722080502817_4145489985463850658_n.jpg

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Nope and nope! :)

The Aqua SE is £60/€80/$80, and that will be the upper limit to the price I am sure. You'd think for a replaceable coil tank he'd try and go a little lower, but I don't know.

I'm going to take a bet on £50 / €70 / $70 with coil heads being double the price of normal ones (£5 each maybe?) But purely a guess, it could well be Aqua SE price.

I've pinged him on FB to ask about the RBA, price and ETA - but am not hopeful he'll give me info yet, at least on the latter two.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
OK, got a reply from Footoon, with a new video and not the best news for us RTAers

It looks like there is no plan for an RTA deck. I guess I misunderstood when it was first posted - he mentioned details of coil rebuilding, but he doesn't mean a deck.

Instead, what he has done is made the coil heads such that they can be easily dismantled, cleaned/re-oxidised and re-wicked, or re-built with new material.

In typical Footoon style it's been carefully designed: the first coil heads designed to be rebuildable.

But it's not an RTA deck and it seems there are no plans for that.

In the video, the coil he takes out of the head and re-oxidises/cleans is a widely spaced coil that appears to be 7 wraps. The cotton then wraps around the outside of that. Then top and bottom plates push on, pushing against the wires in a simple/easy arrangement. It looks a lot simpler, and less error prone, than putting custom coils into normal coil heads for Kanger, Aspire, etc.

I guess I will probably still get one. Out of curiosity if nothing else. And theoretically at least, building a coil around the head might not be that much different in result to a proper deck - it is a Footoon tank after all, so it's a safe bet that it will have good flavour. It's going to rule out fancy coils, but I suppose a standard build - including TC builds - should still work OK.

But I do hope now that I was wrong about cost, and it's cheaper than his previous tanks :)

Last edited:

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Great thread. I'm looking forward to your review!

I don't own any replaceable coil head/cartridge tanks, but I'd definitely check this one out! I like the idea of easily coiling/wicking the housing, I wonder how well they hold up over time.

I still debate on getting the SE from time to time after using my V2 daily, but I'm excited to hear how this FX performs.

Reactions: TheBloke

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Right well I definitely will be getting one, because he just told me he's going to send me one to review for the forum :)

I will post it up in full detail as soon as I can!

you are on a roll mate!! Excellent! Look forward to your review :)

Reactions: TheBloke

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
He hasn't announced any vendors yet. Search for the Aqua SE, I suppose those are likely candidates to stock this. I got my Aqua SEs from ifancyone.co.uk. I've also seen it on Greek Mods in Germany, and a French site whose name I can't remember. It's fairly limited in availability, literally just one site in the UK for example.

Then again, I would think given the lower price of the FX and the fact that it's primarily a coil-head tank, it will be tend to be available more places than the SE and v2 were. You'd think that at this price, he'd want/need to get it in as many places as possible and build up the coil sales.

Reactions: smokewell

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
No. A few days ago I asked him on his FB page a) estimated prices for coils b) whether he planned to release Ni200 and Titanium coils. No response to those, but I just posted them as a reply to his thread, not via PM.

Someone else asked "will nickel coils be available" and he somewhat ambiguously answered "Yes Ni200 can be installed to the FX". Which doesn't confirm he plans to release his own Ni200 coils, he might just have meant the user could replace them with their own wire as we already knew. I'd be amazed though if he didn't jump on the TC bandwagon. I just hope that will include Titanium coils as well. Not that I'll necessarily be using the pre-made ones much, just re-coiling them.

This is the week during which he said it would be released so I'm assuming there will be an announcement soon. I'll ping him again in a day or so if there are no updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread