For fans of the Vika Fantasy tank (or the FT "styled" version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I know at least a couple of you like the fasttech version of the Vika Fantasy tank (I have several, and am very happy with them), so wanted to point out what looks like a sweet modification posted by someone in the reviews and discussion boards there: using it with a Cleito 5ml glass replacement tank (the review explains it a bit more). Unfortunately, FT doesn't have the Cleito fatboy replacement, and finding it elsewhere in the EU proves pricey, but US people should be able to acquire one inexpensively/easily. I kind of love the "mad professor" steampunk look of it, and want to try this with at least one of my Fantasy tanks.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Okay, it looks like nobody else is quite as struck with this idea as I am! :p

I did find the 5ml tank at heavengifts for a reasonable price, and ordered one, so I guess I'll find out if it's super goofy or ...

(✿ ♥‿♥) INSANELY COOL (♥‿♥ ✿)

Also, since heavensgift charges shipping, I had to get something else there for it to make sense, so I got the Presa 75W, 18650 version, which FT also doesn't have available (they have the 100W, but it's bigger, and since I'm of the tootlepuffer persuasion, I don't need the power, and would rather not have the larger size/weight).

I just knew something would come up that would FORCE ME to buy a Presa

jascom

Oct 29, 2012
KS United States
Okay, it looks like nobody else is quite as struck with this idea as I am! :p

Sorry tazzle. That tank just reminds me of my waistline. However I am glad to hear you like your Vika Fantasy. I have been thinking about ordering one. Was there a particular order number that you would recommend? And do they have a metal tank available for those?

Reactions: tazzle

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Ha! You may have a point there! Well, it's looking like this tank has been lost in the mail, anyway ... perhaps for the best? :p

Was there a particular order number that you would recommend? And do they have a metal tank available for those?

Here's the one I get from Fasttech; Also in black. I haven't seen a metal tank for these, unfortunately.

jascom

Oct 29, 2012
KS United States
There is a metal mesh tank replacement for the kabuki clone on FT's sight. Do not know whether that would fit the Vika or not. There is a Mini/Kabuki Stainless Steel Tank available for the original. I don't know whether that would fit either. But when combined with the clone it would still be a relatively inexpensive tank.

Have you tried both the Vika and Kabuki clones? What made you choose the Vika clone? I am interested in it simply because it is a little cheaper and if I buy several of them the savings do add up.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
There is a metal mesh tank replacement for the kabuki clone on FT's sight. Do not know whether that would fit the Vika or not. There is a Mini/Kabuki Stainless Steel Tank available for the original. I don't know whether that would fit either. But when combined with the clone it would still be a relatively inexpensive tank.

Have you tried both the Vika and Kabuki clones? What made you choose the Vika clone? I am interested in it simply because it is a little cheaper and if I buy several of them the savings do add up.

I saw that mesh replacement glass tank for the Kabuki on FT yesterday and made sure to put it in my wish list.

I have the mesh replacement tanks on my Nauti Minis and love them!

I've got a Vika Fantasy clone coming from FT next week and I can't wait to try it.

I have a Kabuki clone tank that provides great flavor, but I had an issue with the coil sticking to the chimney instead of the base when I opened it up to refill it. I have had that issue with my authentic Kabuki a couple of times, but not nearly as often as with the Kabuki clone. I watched a Phil Busardo review of the Vika Fantasy recently and he explained how to avoid this issue with the Vika. I haven't tried it yet with the Kabuki clone, but it has worked great on my authentic Kabuki.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
My Vika Fantasy clone arrived yesterday, but I haven't tried it yet. It's having a warm bath right now. I couldn't get it unscrewed, so my husband took a crack at it. He couldn't get it unscrewed either until he used plyers. Can't wait to try it.

Tazzle,

I have the same FT clone you have. Do you know if the glass on this one is interchangeable with the authentic Kabuki?

Thanks!

jascom

Oct 29, 2012
KS United States
Received the mesh glass tank for my Kabuki clone. As the reviews and discussions on FT indicate the glass is thinner than the original. It may be just my psychology but I still feel it will take a bump or drop better than the naked glass tank. It does not fit as tight as the original glass that came with the tank but I am not experiencing any leaking so thus far I am satisfied.

JustWondering1,

Be interested in your experience with the Vika vs Kabuki clones. Also, is there a dramatic difference between the authentic Kabuki and the clone? I still plan on getting the original some day for the P3 connection but would still be interested in a comparison.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Received the mesh glass tank for my Kabuki clone. As the reviews and discussions on FT indicate the glass is thinner than the original. It may be just my psychology but I still feel it will take a bump or drop better than the naked glass tank. It does not fit as tight as the original glass that came with the tank but I am not experiencing any leaking so thus far I am satisfied.

JustWondering1,

Be interested in your experience with the Vika vs Kabuki clones. Also, is there a dramatic difference between the authentic Kabuki and the clone? I still plan on getting the original some day for the P3 connection but would still be interested in a comparison.

I can tell you already that the flavor of the Kabuki clone I got from FT several months ago is very good. I don't think it's quite as good as the flavor with the Kabuki, but it is very good.

I loaded the Vika with liquid for the first time last night using the coil that came with the tank. The flavor wasn't very good, but I decided to try it with one of my coils that I know are authentic, so I switched coils this morning. I haven't noticed a big improvement yet, but I'll give it 24 hours to see what happens. I saw Phil Busardo's review of the authentic Vika Fantasy and I was impressed by how impressed he was with it. So far, I am much happier with the Kabuki clone than the Vika Fantasy clone. If its flavor doesn't improve a lot, I won't get another Vika Fantasy clone, but I will probably go ahead and get an authentic Vika Fantasy clone to try it.

One other thing I'll try is to fill the Vika Fantasy clone with the same juice I have in the authentic Kabuki. That would be a better test. I'll do it as soon as I vape through the full tank I've got first though. I'll come back here and report my findings to you when that happens. It may be a few days though because I don't go through juice quickly and I have four pretty full tanks right now.

Edit to say if the flavor doesn't get a lot better in the Vika Fantasy clone, I will most likely try an authentic Vika Fantasy. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I put the Vika Fantasy clone away for a day or so because the flavor was just not what I think it should be and it frustrated me. I pulled it out tonight, and now that the coil is fully broken in, the flavor is better. I"ll vape through this tank of liquid and then I'll load up the same liquid in both the authentic Kabuki and the Vika clone. That will be a good test.

I'll put a brand new coil in each one to give both an equal footing.

Reactions: aikanae1

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
The Vika Fantasy clone from FT is giving me fantastic flavor!! I am loving this tank. I've got the same juice in the Vika clone and in the authentic Kabuki. It just took a while for the coil in the Vika to get broken in enough to provide full flavor! I think the Kabuki gives better flavor, but the Vika clone is very, very good!

I am annoyed that I am going to have to ask my husband to open the Vika clone tank again so I can top it off. I used one of those rubberized jar-gripper things and it wouldn't budge. This is a pretty big negative to me. Other than that, it's a winner!!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Still had to get my husband's help getting the tank open Friday night, but yesterday, I was able to do it myself using the rubber gloves. I think, and hope, this will keep getting easier. I would hate to write off such a great flavor tank because I couldn't get it open!! If anyone else has a hard time opening their Vika, keep lubricating the o-ring with juice. I think it really helps.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Still getting great flavor. I love this tank. My husband suggested I make sure the o-rings are lubricated so I used e juice on them. It did help because last night, I was able to open the tank to top it off. I had to use rubber gloves to get it open, but it opened!! This is a good tank.
Yes putting a thin film of pg or ejuice on the orings of my kabuki clone helped make it easier to take back apart as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread