Status
Not open for further replies.

Sa Da Tay

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
Austin, Texas
WHEW.

Funny how things come around. I ran/tabulated the 2011 poll and decided not to participate this year because of all the time and effort. Well, being that mwa is missing in action, I just put time and effort into the 2012 poll. A few notes: For juices that appeared in multiple categories (House Blend and Cinful Pear are the most significant ones), I assigned them to the one category in which they received the most votes (e.g. House Blend got some votes in tobacco, but overwhelmingly was voted in Bakery/Desserts). Also when someone voted for one juice across multiple categories, I only counted one vote for that juice and categorized it according to the principle I just discussed. I will also post the entire spreadsheet soon but for now will just post the main winners, so without further ado....

JOTYA_zps3ab353f7.jpg

Here's the main portion of the spreadsheet. It's pretty much a chore to export these as jpg's that are readable on here so I'm having to crop everything to fit. For Overall Vendor, I only counted the main vendors who had a chance to contend, fyi.

JOTY1a_zpsa3bc0377.jpg

JOTY1b_zps53882ef0.jpg

Last edited:

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Okay, here is something to make you all think...

The popular vendor of the day, and the popular juice of the day, are all subject to the following...
--fanboys
--fangirls
--efforts by the vendor to cultivate fanboys and fangirls

Over the last three and half years I have seen vendor after vendor become the "popular" vendor.
And then they fade away over time, to be replaced by the vendor with the best advertising, contests, and fan followings.

Back in my day, it was Tasty Vapor and Mrs T's Bakery.
Then it was Backwoods Brew, Vermillion River, and various others, although I stopped paying attention about that time.

Now it is whomever, and all I can say is whatever.

Tasty Vapor STILL has the best juice I've ever tasted.
And getting caught up in the hype is just you, getting caught up in the hype.

This is something I've wanted to say for years now.

BUT GO AHEAD AND FLAME AWAY!!
:)

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So? People change, vendors change. And, well, so?

Oh and, AVE and Boba's Bounty for 3 years.
No, people don't change, and vendors don't change.
It's all about becoming popular.

And Boba's Bounty is very good, and deserves to be a long-standing favorite.
It isn't my choice, due to being 100% VG, which is why I prefer Vapor Station Frisco, which tastes about the same but better.

And yes, Vapor Station Frisco was one of the top juices back in the day.
And no reason it shouldn't be now, other than they no longer play they "pump up my juices" game.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass

The popular vendor of the day, and the popular juice of the day, are all subject to the following...
--fanboys
--fangirls

Over the last three and half years I have seen vendor after vendor become the "popular" vendor.
And then they fade away over time, to be replaced by the vendor with the best advertising, contests, and fan followings.

Then it was Backwoods Brew, Vermillion River, and various others, although I stopped paying attention about that time.

Anyone in the Eroll thread knows im head over heels for Wordupecig liquids, but they dont seem very popular in general. Honestly id never tout a vendor that dilutes their mix with water, and definitely wouldnt trust a Best of list, that includes such vendors ;) Honestly its personal preference, if my juice is to be made with a thinned product, id rather be the one to thin it out. Beyond that im sure a lot of vendors get flavorings from the same place or concentrates! Im sure there are a TON of top notch eliquid vendors out there, that list is probably a monster

Last edited:

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Uhmmm.... HHV doesn't play any pump up games. They don't have contests. They don't advertise. They don't even have any discount codes.

They still just got voted #1 vendor of 2012.

Why exactly do the Juice Awards butthurt you so much you feel like you have to rain on everyone's parade? This was just fun for most people. You feel like everyone is just too stupid to realize YOUR vendors are the best vendors?

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
I disagree with that as I've tried the previously popular vendors. They're important. They're popular. If they weren't they'd be out of business.There's something for everyone, and every time a new vendor arrives the bar is set even higher than before. NET's have become a much discussed favourite of many vs. TA+++. I prefer NETs. And I love the exotic tobacco bases that Heather's has. That's just my opinion and that's why i voted that way. I'm not knocking your preferences either. Like I said, they wouldn't be in business if they were awful. And all "fanboys" and "fangirls" are people who have been searching and searching for that special vape for a good long while who then find the one that makes them say "Wow!".

--fanboys
--fangirls

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread