For recipes only!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMIUBU

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
OK
Please Help, I have been experimenting with Capella flavor drops, love the clean taste but none of my recipes have the sweetness I am looking for. I saw somewhere that someone suggested using ethyl maltol a flavor enhancer, has anyone used this stuff, does this help? I have tried using mostly VG and this still does not sweeten up enough. I am thinking that I have to use some marshmallow or cotton candy to get the sweetness level up there. I really like the sweet juices but not particularly fruit flavors. I don't know of anything else that would add sweetness to a recipe. Thought this was relevant for anyone that wants sweeter recipes. thanks for the help peeps

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
RenaissancePuffer,

In one of RitaLee76's instructional videos, she mixed some pecan flavoring into purchased "Pralines & Cream" e-liquid.

Off the top of my head (no experience to back it up), I wonder how some butter flavor (e.g., Wilson's) would work. I know that I love butter rum; and butter pecan certainly sucessful in ice cream. Other ideas: RY4, coffee, or caramel. And, for an Irish Coffee effect, add in some whiskey flavoring.

Follow any of these ideas at your own risk. If they taste like yuck, don't bame me. :) They all *feel* right, however, and it's doubtful they would taste terrible ... with the possible exception of that last one.;)

The first vape I did was using Menthol 36mg (for the throat kick) and LorAnn butter Rum and it was wonderful..

I have mixed alot, but I have two warnings:

1) I bought a 3 pack of Wilton flavorings and they taste terrible when vaping.. There is just something wrong with the taste of the Wilton stuff... LorAnn and Bickford are alot better...

2) The Butter Rum you can get addicted to, especially if you pop it in the fridge when you sleep and then use it cold..

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Kitten Kandy

A fruit punch Lifesavers taste. Fairly sweet and strong - you may want to be prepared to add some plain PG, or VG for vapor, though this might push the sweetness over the edge.

8 drops Bickford's Strawberry
6 drops Bickford's Sweet Cherry
13 drops Bickford's Raspberry
25 drops nic juice (used 40mg flavorless, which means this mix is about 19mg)

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Toasted Butter Almond Scotch Chocolate
OK, call it want you want...

3 drops Capella Double Chocolate
12 Drops Capella Toasted Almond
8 Drops LorAnn Butterscotch
36 drops 40mg Nic-Juice
6 drops VG

Makes about 3ml of 24mg

This is fairly sweet and quite strong, and holds up to 5v on a Prodigy with ease.

rocketvapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Rockledge, FL
OK, I'm not DIYer at juice (yet), but I have a couple of bottles of stuff I've tried and not totally loved, but kept for emergencies. One bottle was banana from eastmall. OK, but not that exciting. I recently got a bottle of cream flavor from eliquidplanet. It does taste like cream, but it's more like sweet cream, and is a little cloying by itself.

Well, I decided to mix them and see if I could make banana cream pie. I mix in small batches just to avoid wasting a lot if I don't like it. I mixed 30 drops of banana with 7 drops of cream, and it is damn good! Not too sweet, not too banana. Now I mix in higher batches, with about a 4:1 ratio of banana to cream.

I've also found the cream to be pretty good with chocolate. If you're like me and order pre-made juices, get creative and see what you get!

Next stop, VG and DIY. Woo-hoo!

whistlrr

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Michigan's Knobbywristbone
Accidental Pepto-bismal Flavor

Okay, I kinda doubt anybody's really gonna want a peopt bismal falvored ecig :p

, but thats what I ended up with and so (on the off crazy chance somebody wants this) I will share what I can of what I've used and what I've done

Sorry this isnt exact but this was the result of messing around actually trying for a tobacco flavor (!), 0 nicotine

Ingredients I have that ended up in this thing, which made about 4 ml of it:

about 85% -- both VG and PG (in either equal amounts, or more PG less VG)

about 15% flavors: (a few more drops almond than vanilla):
McCormick Brand Imitation Almond Extract (water alcohol, benzaldehyde
Rodelle Organic Vanilla extract (organic vanilla bean, water, organic alcohol)
two drops LorAnne Wintergreen (shoulda been one but woopsed)

unknown but a few drops - Everclear (trying to thin it out more and give it more 'bite' which it did, more pepto bite)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread