For The 6 Volt Big Battery Mod Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shreck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2009
Olivet, Michigan, United States
We use the same attys as everyone else does on every other e-cig.
The secrets are not a secret at all.

1. Always keep the atty wet. Never let it dry out or you run the risk of a dead atty.
2. When you feel the atty is getting too hot let it cool for a bit before resuming your vaping session. and-
3. Never, ever drip on a hot atty, this will pop the atty coil real quick and then you won't be a happy camper..

I strictly drip, but you can use filler as well. The problem I have found is that the extra heat from the higher voltage makes the filler tend to melt a little and stick to the bridge of the atty. Carts with the filler alone will not do the job, as it doesnt wick good enough to keep the atty wet. I can almost guarantee the beginning of your 6 volt vaping experience will result in a couple - few dead atty, until you get just that, "Experience".
Its alot like learning to vape correctly when you got your first E-cig.
It takes a little learning what to do and what not to do..

801 handle the 6 volts pretty well from my experience cause you can drip more juice into it.
My favorite is the 901. 3-4 drops at 6 volts, vape for about 6-8 good drags and its time to drip again.
501s seem to get a burnt taste to me alot faster than the others, and 4081 attys are workhorses but you have to drip constantly on them to keep the overcooked taste away.
You will know when its time to drip again, when you start to get a burnt taste from the vapor.

After a days worth of dripping and puffing with 6 volts, I usually blow my attys out real good with canned air. You will get some pretty dark liquid from the atty, darker than the liquid you put into it for sure.
Just make sure to get the atty plenty wet again after blowing it out, or you will cook the atty in a hurry when you go to vape again..

I been using 6 volts for a long time now. I went through about 9 or 10 attys the first few weeks and havent lost one since then. its been probably about 3 months now, with one of each atty. 801, 901 510 and sometimes 401s. I also use these attys at the nominal 4.2 volts on occasion as well.

Whew!!! .. I think I'll stop now..
I usually aint so chatty.. Geez!!! I dont know what got into me today...:oops:

Last edited:

Shreck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2009
Olivet, Michigan, United States
I notice quite a difference between 5 volts and 6 volts. And I was talking about 6 volts, since that was what the OP had asked about..
6 volts vaping is actually higher than 6 volts, with 2 fresh 3 volt batteries.
I use a 510 atomizer on a 5v Prodigy with carts and have no major problems. The atomizer stays wet and vapes for quite a long time between top offs. In fact, I see flooding more than I see burning. The 510 is a tank. It can take a lot of abuse without burning out in my experience.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
I notice quite a difference between 5 volts and 6 volts. And I was talking about 6 volts, since that was what the OP had asked about..
6 volts vaping is actually higher than 6 volts, with 2 fresh 3 volt batteries.

Yes on a 5 volt, which is supposed to be the king of vaping, but on 6 Volt a lot of people burn out their atomizers, if they are not careful, or use carts instead of dripping. I want to try a 103 atomizer on a 6 Volt because you can dip instead of drip.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I think 801 for 6v as shreck said.
keep wet.

I find the TW atties leak a lot. I use the BE112's.

I also use 510s but the vape is a little too warm for my liking with them but they work fine.

I use carts as well as dripping with any attty I use.

5 Volts is much more to my liking overall. The sweet spot as far as Im concerned.

BoiseMike

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Boise, ID USA
I tried 6V with my Copper. It's actually over 7V with freshly charged batteries. I tried keeping the 901 atomizers wet but still burned out 3 atomizers, each in under 24 hrs. Perhaps I wasn't letting it cool enough between drags. Maybe I was going a couple of drags too far before topping off. I was even pulsing the power to it during each drag as was recommended. If I didn't it would taste a little burnt. I found that there was just too much to think and be cautious about while trying to enjoy a relaxing activity.
I just got my 3.7V 14500 batteries (4.23V freshly charged) for it yesterday and am much happier. I think 5V would be great but right now it's not in my budget. Maybe I'll make something with a 5V regulator since I have so many 3V CR2 batteries laying around now.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
I just got my batteries for my chuck and tried vaping at 6V on my 510.
I burned out 2 atomizers last night and the longest I got out of them was 5 vapes.
I had the button on for about 3 seconds on each vape and I was dripping with 3 drops.
What am I doing wrong???
Please help!!!

Drip with 5 drops and re-drip every 3-4 puffs.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I am currently testing HV atomizers...They are Ohm adjusted...There is a thread around here somewhere that Nerf posted about them...They actually work in a way that sort of acts like it is a 5 Volt atty at 7.4 and down...They are holding up very well and I will be putting in a Mega order today I think...They also make the batteries last MUCH longer...

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I Have been using the HV atty 510 and 801 from Nerf. Works exceptionally well especially the 510 at 6-7+v vaping.. Sure beats the stock 801s for last abilty.

Dont try and use them at 3.7-5v. You will be disappointed. :)

I think nerf has some 510s left. well worth the extra $$ for these more resistant attys//

Glad to hear that you are ordering some Drew. How long till they come in. Do you know price and will you have 510 and 801s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread