For The 6 Volt Big Battery Mod Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extremeodd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2009
My 801 survived being used on a 6v lantern battery. My juice box broke at work so I grabbed one of those and 1 piece of 2 strand lamp wire (hardware store heh) from the shelf and easily rubber banded the atomizer to the side, wrapped the ends on the wire on the spring leads on the battery, stuck one of wires into the atomizer and simply pushed the other one against the case of the atomizer for a hit (stainless, conducts great) Worked in a pinch and the battery lasted about 1.5-2 weeks before dropping below 3v

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
I use 6V (well, more really with a fresh charge. (2X CR123) She Shrek's post) on a 901.

I blow attys.

Usually by taking too many draws too close together and just overheating them. (WAY overheating. Sometimes I can't touch the outside of the atty) Sometimes by dripping on a hot atty. I fell HV is worth the pain of buying in bulk.:oops: I like hot vapor.

I can't be bothered to pay attention to what I'm doing when I'm watching TV or gaming.:rolleyes:

I like my 901 for flavor at HV.

If you're careful about those things that I'm not, they will last a long time.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Thank you smokie!!, I have wondered this myself as I await my Silver Bullet to get here in the mail. To be safe I ordered 801 n' 901 atty's along with an adapter just incase my 510 cannot handle the power sorta speak.
You will not have a problem with thee SB using a 510 antty at 6 volts, the SB has a different resistance, then the Chuck, and copper at 6 volts, that's why you hear so many SB owners say, I do not have that problem of burning up anttys.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
I just got my batteries for my chuck and tried vaping at 6V on my 510.
I burned out 2 atomizers last night and the longest I got out of them was 5 vapes.
I had the button on for about 3 seconds on each vape and I was dripping with 3 drops.
What am I doing wrong???
Please help!!!

What atty are you using, try the HV 510 works super on the Chuck, or a regular 801 atty. You can also when starting a new atty 510, 801 and 901 regular type for the first time, run it on 3.7 volts first for about a hour, then use it on your 6 volt Chuck.

NHaler

Store Closed

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
I vape 6 volts with a Silver Bullet with 510 attys and have never had a problem. Just be sure to keep it plenty wet or you will get a burnt taste which is awful on the throat. I do tend to use more juice at 6 volts than at 3.7 but the experience is well worth the extra expense to me.

The SB does not burn out atty's, unlike the Chuck.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
The SB does not burn out atty's, unlike the Chuck.

Yes you must keep it wet, but by doing so they leak all over, found the HV 510 atty works best on the Chuck. You are lucky that you never burn out a 510 on the Chuck like a lot of users. And the SB never burns out atty's

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Ill second that. I have never had problems with reg 510s on the Chuck at 6v either..

Look around there are a lot of users who have, I was one of them, and just making some suggestions for those which I found a cure to the problem.

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Look around there are a lot of users who have, I was one of them, and just making some suggestions for those which I found to cure the problem.

Attys are hit and miss as to how long any will last at best. HV attys IMO last longer than reg's. I have been using 801 and 510 5.2ohm for over a month with no problem at 7+ volts.

I wasnt saying that I might not ever pop a 510 with the Chuck just that I hadnt popped one yet.. Doesnt mean I wont.. lol

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
I just don't see what about the SB would make it less likely to pop atomizers, doesn't make sense. Material conductivity difference is negligible... you sure a lot of those Chuck users weren't just having the phantom atty center pole bug? :p

I have seen a lot of Threads, and Posts about this problem, also with the Copper. I can not say about that one, I do not own one. Check out what this person said:

I tried 6V with my Copper. It's actually over 7V with freshly charged batteries. I tried keeping the 901 atomizers wet but still burned out 3 atomizers, each in under 24 hrs. Perhaps I wasn't letting it cool enough between drags. Maybe I was going a couple of drags too far before topping off. I was even pulsing the power to it during each drag as was recommended. If I didn't it would taste a little burnt. I found that there was just too much to think and be cautious about while trying to enjoy a relaxing activity.
And this one:
I just got my batteries for my chuck and tried vaping at 6V on my 510.
I burned out 2 atomizers last night and the longest I got out of them was 5 vapes.
I had the button on for about 3 seconds on each vape and I was dripping with 3 drops.
What am I doing wrong???
Please help!!!
And this one:
I use 6V (well, more really with a fresh charge. (2X CR123) She Shrek's post) on a 901.

I blow attys.

JUST TRYING TO HELP OUT THESE USERS

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
I just don't see what about the SB would make it less likely to pop atomizers, doesn't make sense. Material conductivity difference is negligible... you sure a lot of those Chuck users weren't just having the phantom atty center pole bug? :p

What ever the reason, just giving them some help.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA

And this one:

I blow attys.

JUST TRYING TO HELP OUT THESE USERS

But I want to be clear that I use neither a Chuck or a SD.

I have a homemade box without a limiter. It is my precious. :wub: I just take blown attys as part of getting what I want and order in bulk. Still cheaper than analogs, if I use an atty a week. And it's my own fault for pushing them too hard.

I'm just sayin...

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
But I want to be clear that I use neither a Chuck or a SD.

I have a homemade box without a limiter. It is my precious. :wub: I just take blown attys as part of getting what I want and order in bulk. Still cheaper than analogs, if I use an atty a week. And it's my own fault for pushing them too hard.

I'm just sayin...

That's OK just showing that a lot of users have blown atty's with certain 6 volt Mods. I would try the HV 510 atty works great for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread