For The 6 Volt Big Battery Mod Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
I have seen a lot of Threads, and Posts about this problem, also with the Copper. I can not say about that one, I do not own one. Check out what this person said:

I tried 6V with my Copper. It's actually over 7V with freshly charged batteries...

Anyone running two 3.7 volt batteries in any custom vaping device with a standard atomizer (901, 510, 801) is certainly going to pop them quickly. This is not a device specific problem; it is a user problem.

Two CR2's fully charged may give a total of 6.4 volts. After five or ten minutes of short draws, voltage drops enough to start taking 6+ second draws from the device.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I just don't see what about the SB would make it less likely to pop atomizers, doesn't make sense. Material conductivity difference is negligible... /.../

There may be a difference in the switches, MHR. There is a thing called "switch bounce" that can cause electrical spikes. Basically, from what I've read, all mechanical switches have a microscopic "bounce" after they first connect, because of the way current flows. I'm no expert, but that may cause some additional wear to the nichrome heating element. There are switches that are designed to reduce this: from the little I read, switch bounce can NOT be totally eliminated.

That's about the extent of my knowledge of the subject, sorry. :)

Vaping Monkey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Lakewood, CA
www.vapervenue.com
HI there, I saw this thread and wanted to give my input since I'm a 6v vaper.

HV atties from Ikenvape so far are really good. I like the HV 801(full size) because I like the "semi stiff drag" Their 510 and 801s run at 3.6-3.7 ohms and last long.

As for carts, I use the Boge 901s carotmizers. They run at 3.4-3.5ohms and run really well with 6v.

Im testing the MAP Tank running @ 3.2ohm ce2. The first one went gurgly and burned. The second one is running good but now the kind of drag I like. I noticed that it depends on the juice: the 2nd tank had thicker juice so the tank was holding up @ 6v.

The next one I'm going to test is the Bulli A2 atomizer...its on the way (from Germany) will keep you guys updated...

Hope this helps for you 6v vapoer(ers) bcus I'm still searching for that perfect 6v cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread