For the love of god....please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly White

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello my name is kelly and I'm extreamly new to vaping or e-cigs and even more to forums! (LOL I promise I'm alot more intelligent than I probably sound right now...or feel right now) I have some questions and it feels like the more I research or try and find answers I'm just ending up with more questions! I have an itaste clk 1280 with it I got a iclear 16 tank and a iclear 16d tank and really dislike them both (ALOT) so then I got a kangertech mini protank 3 which is ok but I would like somthing a little bigger, but I have no clue at all what's compatible I do have a beauty ring and from what I can figure out it will allow me to get somthing bigger? I also came across the provari and i will admit im kinda a impulse buyer and i absolutly loved the different totally awsome designs! (THEY HAVE ONE THAT GLOWS IN THE DARK!!!) But i dont know if its better than my itaste clk i dont want to end up spending more money and accidently downgrading. I'm sure by this time its become painfully obvious I have no clue what I'm doing so any help you can offer would be extreamly appreciated. Thank you for at least reading my crazy message! There are more questions i have but im gonna stop here and see if anyone in this forum is brave enough to take me on as a very challanging project! and just as a side note i have done alot of reading and research but since i have no freakin clue what most of the crazy vaping/e-cig words mean, im mostly just making myself more confused...so please please someone help me! thanx again im both excited and terrified to hear from someone!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi Kelly. :)

You have an iTaste clk, and you bought (or are thinking of buying) a Provari?

You'll be OK with a Provari. It's one of the best you can buy. What you put on the top of it is all-important though. Something like an iClear16 or mini Protank 3 isn't really doing your Provari any justice.

If you don't want to buy a rebuildable atomizer (like a Kayfun) - I would suggest a mini Nautilus BVC clearomizer.

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
Relax Kelly! LOL. Welcome. I can tell you Provari's are very high quality and certainly would not be a downgrade. Also, a Aspire Nautilus mini would pair well with it. You could also get a full sized Nautilus but get the BVC coils for it. Anyway. Don't feel anxious asking questions here. We're more than happy to help.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Provari has been one of the better and more popular high-end regulated mods for a few years. If it fits into your budget, I HIGHLY recommend one. I have a standard size and a mini, and one or the other has been in daily use for two years.

Why Provari?

provari_white.jpg Nautius.jpg mini_kayfun.jpg Mini Provari v2.jpg

I'll also recommend an Aspire Mini Nautilus. This is the new top dog in the clearomizer tank kingdom.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
A beauty ring makes the tank sitting on a batter look more 'finished' - it doesn't do anything to change what type of tank will fit on your battery.

A Provari is probably one of the most expensive mods out there, and a lot of people love them. It's a downgrade from NOTHING lol...but some people are turned off by the "push the button 11, 13, 15 times" to get to where you wanna be on the menu. Do some research on the Provari on YouTube or on here before you click the Buy button, Kelly. A Provari will be a really expensive mistake if it's not for you.

I've been vaping for 3 years now. My personal favorites are:

Batteries:
Epower 2 - variable voltage box mod - around 30.00 I got mine at VaporBeast.com
Vision Spinner ONE - the version II has charging issues.
SmokTech Silenus - Rosewood...absolutely gorgeous and has VV and VW. It's gonna get here tomorrow lol..but I'm pretty optimistic.

Toppers:
SmokTech BCC anything - the Aro, PBC Tank (available in 3.5 ml and 5 ml - big one holds more juice) - ECBlends - Hardware/Clearomizers and Hoosier
Heads for my SmokTech toppers - 2.4 ohms - Hoosier e-cig $1.34 each if you buy more than 10 at a time
Kanger ProTank mini - not bad, but heavier than the SmokTech toppers. It's naked glass, too..if I drop it, CRUNCH! But it performs well.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
ok take a breath!! (*me too, I talk fast, living up north then moving back to the South, I get a "slow down" a LOT) Luckily I type even faster 150wpm

ok the CLK is a good start, it's not going to last you very long so a back up battery and tank wouldn't be a bad idea.

I didn't like the iclear anythings, those gooey wicks to clearn/replace and the resistance went up really quickly on them with the juices I used

the compatibility factor these things are "510 threaded" the beauty ring, the battery connector and the male part on the tanks that fit in them (I've been where you are, so I know it's overwhelming)

YouTube IS your friend watch a lot of review/basics videos I like TiaVapes but that's just because she's simple and reminds me of my Foster daughter.

Read here...figure out what you like, go to a busy vape store, ours are always willing to let you try out their gear...

the big deal is you quit smoking! Congrats..just keep vaping, for me it was having a back up at all times, so I wasn't tempted to smoke in the beginning.

then work your way up to the big baddies...coils and batteries and such.

I'm happy with what I've had for most of the vaping experience (we quit in May) an Innokin MVP 2.0 and Kanger V2 for 'round the house, and I've got an Innokin vv and Vision Spinner 1600mah for on the go (we had the lil eGoT's and Kanger Protanks 2 they're good for beginners also) my daughter went the Vamo and Nautilus route.

I do NOT recommend you get a rebuildable mod just yet until you educate yourself about them. I was started on one of those and I gave it to my future son in law..and I'm just now wanting it back.

good luck !!

tacomenace21

Sep 13, 2014
Georgia
Welcome! I wouldn't make the jump to the Provari just yet unless you just want to and you have to money for it. The CLK is not bad to start with. In terms of tanks I would throw the IClears out the window and get an air tank of some sort like the Aspire Nautilus Mini (My favorite), Kanger Aerotank, Kanger Geni tank, or Kanger Mow tank. This will make starting off so much easier. Once you have some time under your belt then I would look at upgrading.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
and a lot of people didn't care for the Aspire Nautilus...when you first start vaping, you can spend a BOATLOAD of money trying all the shiny toys out here. I know I did!

But as time goes on, you find what works best for you and the price of vaping comes way down...you're mostly buying heads, juice and the occasional drip tip that was just too pretty to pass up. (until you see that Silenus and say omigodWANTlolllol)

ECBlends has some really good FAQ sheets regarding vape terminology, what ohm levels work best with which batteries, stuff like that.

Typically, ohm levels are talking about your toppers; cartomizers, clearomizers, tanks. A high ohm level (3.0 and up) will work better with a powerful battery like the Provari because the battery can go to much higher voltages/wattages.

A lower ohm level (below 3.0) is better for a simpler device like a Vision Spinner or an Evod battery. Those devices don't have the power of a Provari and can't really put a higher ohm level to good use..

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
welcome to ECF Kelly ... here is what I would do.

I would watch a few videos on how to coil and wick a Kayfun lite+ v2 (it really is very easy) ... then I would get verified here on ECF.

Then I would cruise the classies and buy a used v2 or v2.5 Provari for @ 100 bucks and grab some 30ga Kanthal and a bag of organic cotton balls.

All this will run you approx $150 ... however, you will only need juice now and will have a well made PV that should last for years.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not trying to sway you one way or another...but. If you take some time to read the previous threads in my Why Provari? blog, you'll find a very high number of current owners of a Provari who say they wish they had started out with a Provari from the very beginning. They had spend hundreds of dollars on cheaper mods which invariably didn't work right or broke. Then they listened to other Provari owners and got their own. There are very few people who buy a Provari and do not love it. Yes, its expensive, but quality USA made products are more expensive to make. Plus you get the customer support of Provape, something you won't get from a Chinese manufacturer.

Just my :2c:

Last edited:

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
I'm with Vince on the BCC clearos. No wicking issues, easy to fill and they don't clog up like cartomizers do. And the heads for them are cheap! Available as a tank or a slimmer, smaller clearomizer version that both perform the same way, they just look different.

But RDA's and RBA's (sorry..rebuildable atomizers - one for Dripping, the other, not) can bring out flavor nuances that the cheaper BCC's can't. So, WillyZee is right, too. It's all just a matter of preference. And money. Rebuildable atomizers can be really expensive, but once you get beyond the initial purchase, they will save you money down the road because you don't need to buy heads for your clearomizers.

Then again, if you have the electrical and mechanical aptitude of a paper bag (like me! ;), rebuildables might not be for you. Research rebuildable atomizers on YouTube so you can get an idea of what's involved before you buy.

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
I'd keep the itaste clk and up-grade your tank(clearomizer). I'd suggest getting a clearomizer with AFC (air-flow control), which will allow you to increase or decrease the resistance of the air-flow passing through your clearomizer. The Kanger AeroV2 (19mm diameter), AnyVape "Peakomizer"(19mm), Kanger MEGA(22mm) and AnyVape SILO (22mm) are a few of the clearomizers available that offer an AFC system. A 19mm tank would give you a more stream lined look when paired with the beauty ring, although a 22mm clearomizer can be used if a larger ejuice capacity is desired.....remember that the design/function of your juice delivery system (atomizer,clearomizer,RBA,RDA) is far more important than the device that you put it on!!!

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Welcome to ECF! this is what I started out with and still use today. 1 Your Online Electronic Cigarette Store. 5 http://altsmoke.com/aw-18650-protec....com/eh-imr-18650-30amp-1600mah-flat-top.html. 5 (now up to 10) 5mL PBC Tanks. 20 Smok Tech Replacement Bottom Coils. 10 bottles of $3.87 Hangsen E-liquid for Electronic Cigarettes (30ml) - Ruyan 4 flavor / 24mg/ml nicotine at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping. And 1 TrustFire TR-001 Lithium Ion Battery Charger, Black. Yes the battery charger kinda bad but when I get some money I will get a better one, this is at least keeping me vaping at the moment. I still use this set-up today.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
Not trying to sway you one way or another...but. If you take some time to read the previous threads in my Why Provari? blog, you'll find a very high number of current owners of a Provari who say they wish they had started out with a Provari from the very beginning. They had spend hundreds of dollars on cheaper mods which invariably didn't work right or broke. Then they listened to other Provari owners and got their own. There are very few people who buy a Provari and do not love it. Yes, its expensive, but quality USA made products are more expensive to make. Plus you get the customer support of Provape, something you won't get from a Chinese manufacturer.

Just my :2c:

I can definitely be counted among those people. I wasted two Provari worth of money on stuff that didn't come close to giving me a satisfying vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread