For the love of Mooch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
I am not the battery expert and don't claim to be. Even with all his recent post of things I don't understand, I trust him because he seems to be out to help using vapers.

So here is to his hard work and time to tell us what is the safest batteries to use. I Know I only buy batteries he recommends from places he recommends and I've not seen where he has led anyone down a bad path. There is still personal choices (should I rewrap, etc) but when buying a new battery he is the man. I always send his recommendations to friends when the ask about what batteries to use. No one has yet had a life scarring flair-up with his recommendations that were properly taken care of.

I'm throwing this out because there are few fact backed information sources out there for vapors that help save quality of life if not one's life. There are a lot of opinions that I respect. Mooch is one of the few that is fact based though with is testing. Batteries going boom may happen 1 in a million but if you are the 1 it totally sucks. The piece of mind of using a Mooch recommendation is better than any insurance I have.

(Disclaimer: I don't know Mooch besides this board, couldn't even recognize him if I saw him face to face. Never even PM'd him. But he is one of the greatest assists to ECF and this is my favorite vaping board. I do have a battery I need to rewrap now, never even though twice about it because of all of Mooch's postings. So it's sitting waiting to be wrapped. I feal safer because of him. Just my opinion.)

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Sorry about the misnomer. I just remember he was away for a while sometime back. I don't see him much, probably because I don't roam here, just hit the new posts and high spots. Baditude was the original battery academic . :thumbs:

Battery safety is of the utmost importance. Can't have too many experts when it comes to that.

Reactions: oplholik

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Unknown by most, a hero to some.

IODlowv.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

I usually test links I post but didn't on that one. Funny you can't link directly to the blog page.

When I click on the link you posted it takes me to Baditude's home page and logs me off with the sign in link in the upper right. I can click back and I'm still logged on here in the forum. Go figure. Maybe there's some software maintenance going on.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
"former" Baditude?? Have I missed something?
I'm still around. I just don't post much any more because there are a bunch of smart folks on ECF who know batteries and can help people out if they have questions. Kudos to Mooch for taking over my former status. :)

The link to my blog page is in the below link in my signature for those who are interested.

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I'm still around. I just don't post much any more because there are a bunch of smart folks on ECF who know batteries and can help people out if they have questions. Kudos to Mooch for taking over my former status. :)

The link to my blog page is in the below link in my signature for those who are interested.

Ok, good you are still around. You have been a great help to many over the years. Thanks. :)

Reactions: Baditude

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

There is certainly still room for you here. Back Porch welcomes anyone and it always feels good to welcome a newcomer. Many of us old guys aren't social butterflies and still find a place here.

Plus, we gotta start supporting Robin....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread