For those wanting to buy vision stardust

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
These are without a doubt the best CE2 type carto ever sold.

Takes 2 or 3 tankfuls to break in, after which they wick absolutely perfectly.
Filling with a regular dropper bottle takes seconds.
They absolutely do not leak.

Hope suppliers reordered plenty because these are going to sell big time as word gets out.

I doubt I could agree with you. The Stardust has a Major Drawback from where I sit. You HAVE to tip them to wick properly.

I'm currently in love with Visions for my favorite spill proof atty. If I had a stardust, I'd find a way to add a long wick to it - in fact, I think they are shooting themselves in the foot for not producing such a model. I like to hold my PV more vertical than horizontal.

Visions do not leak and can be filled with a dropper bottle and also wick great. Plus you can use them at any angle.

Tell me.. compared to the Visions (so far non one has compared them for me) Do they wick any better than Visions.. allow you to get a smoother draw or more vaper? What really is the attraction? Why in your opinions is it a better atty?

Last edited:

ckim111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2009
I doubt I could agree with you. The Stardust has a Major Drawback from where I sit. You HAVE to tip them to wick properly.

I'm currently in love with Visions for my favorite spill proof atty. If I had a stardust, I'd find a way to add a long wick to it - in fact, I think they are shooting themselves in the foot for not producing such a model. I like to hold my PV more vertical than horizontal.

Visions do not leak and can be filled with a dropper bottle and also wick great. Plus you can use them at any angle.

Tell me.. compared to the Visions (so far non one has compared them for me) Do they wick any better than Visions.. allow you to get a smoother draw or more vaper? What really is the attraction? Why in your opinions is it a better atty?

I used to solely use visions. But stardusts are much better because they are consistent in clean pure taste and you dont get the dreaded burnt taste as you do sometimes with visions.

I also had gurgling issues with the visions which I never get with the sd.

Lastly the wicks were cut short on purpose so that it reduces the distance to coil which helps with all of the benefits listed above.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
John, ckim stated the advantages well.

I might add some more advantages I've found. No juice or condensation gets trapped in the mouthpiece. The mouthpiece will not pop off if bumped. The inner plug never moves, and is always in the proper position. The vape is warmer and I think more flavorful because there is a direct path for the vape instead of a chambered mouthpiece. There is a metal washer that protects the inner plug from scorching like the Visions.

Yes the Stardust need to be tilted from time to time to wet the wick, but it does not need be tilted to vape. How well does it wick? I'm vaping un-thinned Boba's Bounty as I type!

The Visions are not a bad device. I've used them, and recommended them to friends, but in IMO the Stardust wins hands down.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
I had this on two of the four I have. Interestingly, my wife vapes Dekang 555 100%pg and still has not have had this happen on the one and only Stardust she has been chain vaping for 3 weeks now.

On the two problem children, I've pretty much gotten them back into shape by taking the tank off, cleaning and dry-burning the wick, then gently lifting and fluffing the wick. On these, I just stopped filling them up to the wicks, but rather fill to within about 1/4" of the wicks, and kind of just wet the tips of the wicks and vape with the pv more vertical until the juice level goes down some.

Also, I did have one that I had dropped and the top metal seat had moved up a little which caused the mouthpiece to not seat fully. Just had to kind of push everything together again really tight.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia

psycle_1

Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Asheville, NC
I had this on two of the four I have. Interestingly, my wife vapes Dekang 555 100%pg and still has not have had this happen on the one and only Stardust she has been chain vaping for 3 weeks now.

On the two problem children, I've pretty much gotten them back into shape by taking the tank off, cleaning and dry-burning the wick, then gently lifting and fluffing the wick. On these, I just stopped filling them up to the wicks, but rather fill to within about 1/4" of the wicks, and kind of just wet the tips of the wicks and vape with the pv more vertical until the juice level goes down some.

Also, I did have one that I had dropped and the top metal seat had moved up a little which caused the mouthpiece to not seat fully. Just had to kind of push everything together again really tight.

Tried fluffing the wicks and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the tip! I have the parts from a CE2 that I might use to try to recoil and rewick it if the leaking problem happens again.

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
...who vapes an eGo horizontally?
Depends on who's on top!

WHOA!!! :oops:

When I'm kicked back in a recliner, I can't hold it vertically.

Wicking...hmmmmmmm......I love my Stardusts. I ordered 5. I would love to tell you they are all perfect. Out of 4 currently in my rotation, 2 are excellent - best ever, 1 is good - not quite as good as a modded fluxomizer, and 1 is horrible - hard to draw, vape is thin and turns clear juice BLACK before half the carto is empty.

For that bad SD, I might try RockinRobbie's idea of trying a new coil and wick. When they work out of the box, they're outstanding! If I can fix'em when they suck, I'll be ecstatic! :)

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
So these don't have the wicking issues of the CE2s? Seems odd the wicks are so short, who vapes an eGo horizontally?

I've found wicking issues with these, if any, is over wicking. Not really a issue on a VV mod, but can lead to a light vape on eGo's. Cleaning, fluffing the wick, filling to no more than about 1/4" below the wicks, and blowing out excess juice (as one would any flooded atty), if needed has worked well for me.

Again, there is no need to vape these horizontally. Just tilt to wet the wick, which most of the time happens when it's vaped naturally anyway, and its good for several drags. There is such a short distance from the open edge of the wick to the coil that it actually lets more juice in than longer wicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread