Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
the link to ms solutions mentions this > security update 2823324
;)

you gotta read, corazon! :D

looks like i am one of the few lucky ones, one w7 at work updated and working fine, another one at home i have to check on that one if it were updated

my web favorite tool is a windows xp pro too :D

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
The main issue with that update was primarily an issue with Kaspersky. If you don't run Kaspersky, chances are you're fine with the Win 7 update.

true to a point - but till they get to the bottom of it ms recommends all vista and 7 users to uninstall

Last edited:

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
A suggestion for those who might be too trusting -- MS, no matter how hard they've tried, has had, and in the future will have, update issues on occasion. The huge number of software interactions guarantee some failures.

The best way to avoid minor or major inconvenience is to set your Windows Update (WU) settings to : Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them.

To get there -- WU > (in windows 7) Left hand column: change settings...

There are websites available that report on the efficacy of the then current updates such as -- AskWoody.com and Microsoft withdraws KB 2823324, second botched automatic update this year | Microsoft windows - InfoWorld and many others via web search.

Never download a hardware update ( ie: a driver) from WU. WU notifying you of the availability of an updated driver is ok, but your best option is to check with the device manufacturer to see if it's really necessary and if so get it from them.

If you decide that that (or any) update at WU isn't for you, you can Right Click an individual update and choose to Hide Update. At least then you won't accidentally install it, and if you change your mind you can > Restore hidden updates > via the main WU page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread