Formaldehyde in e-vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The human body produces formaldehyde. It is carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.

I would like to see the tests run on the exhalation WITHOUT the vape as it is my understanding that you will detect it.

Harpocrates Speaks: Demystifying Vaccine Ingredients - Formaldehyde

What many people may not know is that our own bodies produce and use formaldehyde as a part of our normal metabolism (Final Report on Carcinogens Background Document for Formaldehyde[PDF], 2010). When we are exposed to methanol (e.g., via inhalation or ingestion of foods like citric fruits and juices, vegetables or fermented beverages), our bodies break it down into formaldehyde and other byproducts. Our bodies produce formaldehyde as a result of dna demethylation (animportant process for controlling gene expression, e.g., in developing embryos) and other biological processes. It is such a regular part of human metabolism, that our normal, naturally produced blood concentrations are generally about 2-3μg of formaldehyde per gram of blood (or about 2.12-3.18μg/mL)*. And it is actually a pretty important chemical; our bodies use formaldehyde to form dna and amino acids (Toxicological Profile for Formaldehyde [PDF],

I was going to post a similar study to this, you beat me to it! Lol

glycerol

ECF Veteran
Indoor air that contains formaldehyde should be below 123 μg/m3 in order for it to be safe.... below 50 μg/m3 shows no adverse affects. A typical home contains formaldehyde levels of 20-40 μg/m3. Another example, a southern California study measured an average formaldehyde concentration of 15.3 µg/m3 while in a vehicle.

According to what was posted here in this study, looking at the Supplementary table, they found 0.06 μg/m3 in this study just barely above the limit of detection which was 0.01 μg/m3...

So vape on :vapor:

Well, one is by a limited number of puffs and the other is air concentration per cubic meter, so I don't know if they can be compared so easily... Great thread though, I'm going 100% PG I guess..

Silver Skull

Mar 30, 2013
FL, USA
Well, one is by a limited number of puffs and the other is air concentration per cubic meter, so I don't know if they can be compared so easily... Great thread though, I'm going 100% PG I guess..

of course you can.
puffs = inhale and exhale 0.06ug/m3. what you breathe in the air = inhale and exhale 20-40ug/m3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread