Not open for further replies.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Have not seen it mentioned yet, so -

There is no cancel function in the reply box area (even under options). I started to do a reply to a thread - then changed my mind - could not see a cancel button so I deleted the entry from the reply box - later, even after leaving the thread the partial reply I had built earlier was still there (it was shadowed, but it was still there)... So I tested it - tried to delete it again - left the thread - went back and still there - hit post reply and yep it posted - then I edited it to change it...

There are the undo/redo buttons (arrows on the right side of toobar) that might help.

Nope, wrote a test question - hit the undo button, which erased my test - left the thread - came back in and my test remark was still there...
After you delete the text out, just click the little floppy disk icon above the post box and select Delete Draft when that happens. :)

ETA: You can also click Save Draft if you want to purposely save what you wrote.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
and a new topic ;)

any chance getting the icons back when using bb code editor?

in vb it was very easy to switch back and forth between 'rich text' and 'bb code' and it did come in handy when working on a post with several picture. bb code mode made it much easier to see the layout and while i do remember some code by now text colors are beyond me :facepalm:

Reactions: Uncle

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
and a new topic ;)

in vb it was very easy to switch back and forth between 'rich text' and 'bb code' and it did come in handy when working on a post with several picture. bb code mode made it much easier to see the layout and while i do remember some code by now text colors are beyond me :facepalm:
Click on the "use rich text editor" below the reply box.

But you can put BBCode into the "normal" editor...you don't have to switch at all unless you want to see the codes I guess.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
it's not a matter of switching back and forth, atty ;) when i have a couple of pictures lined up then i gotta scroll, scroll in the rich text editor to get to the line i possibly want to have in purple :D
Ohhhh.........'cuz "no icons". I see now.

Reactions: tiburonfirst

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
and a new topic ;)

YES - Totally agree ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ :D
Having the icons back would make it so much easier to edit messages . . . :thumbs:

You can switch back and forth.

Hit the button to see the bbcode. Hit the "use rich text editor" link below to switch back.

Seems "We" have the same work around and it does work . . . I've been doing that and using BB Codes (Old School here from DOS to 3.11 and now XP Pro) to add "Stuff" since ECF came back up . . . So I also know very well that it is NOT Really Practical at all, especially given that takes almost 3x's longer to edit and then post a message too . . . :facepalm:

Given this - YES . . . Icons to switch back and forth . . . much easier . . . Just Sayin' . . . :D

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
now why was i 100% sure that you would agree, uncle? :lol:

DUH - I DON'T KNOW ! ! !
sad-animated-animation-boy-smiley-e.gif

balloon.gif

BTW: "We" really need the same "Options Icon Title Bar" at the top of the editing box when working in the "BB Code Editor" as there was before . . . :facepalm:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Must be something on your version/machine and DC's (and any others w/the issue). I use Chrome w/adblocker & Ghostery, and see the hover items perfectly. Maybe retired will have an idea tomorrow :unsure:
The only things I have are Norton anti-virus software, and Ad Muncher.

I uninstalled Ad Muncher and rebooted, but it still doesn't work.
Which actually made me happy, because I can't live without Ad Muncher.

So while I still don't know why it isn't working, at least it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Ad Muncher.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Another potential issue, unless it was on purpose...

I just created a poll, and it only let me keep the poll open for 7 days.
I was unable to change the duration.

Other than that, I really like the other features for creating polls.
It's much easier and more intuitive.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread