Forum issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
No see..can't find? I'ts not about "alerts"???

upload_2015-4-26_19-2-29.png

Reactions: Uncle

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I wish that "likes" could be removed from the "Alerts" thing at the top. I turned off notifications for Likes, but it's still showing them when i hover over "Alerts." It's nice to know that others like your posts, but it's not *actionable* info, such as latest replies are.

Andria

Reactions: KattMamma

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I wish that "likes" could be removed from the "Alerts" thing at the top. I turned off notifications for Likes, but it's still showing them when i hover over "Alerts." It's nice to know that others like your posts, but it's not *actionable* info, such as latest replies are.

Andria
Are you sure you unchecked all the "likes" in Alert Preference? I unchecked most of them and now I'm not getting alerts for liking my posts. That alert is useless anyway.

Reactions: Debadoo

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Any chance the "go to last unread" could be larger?

If you're talking about threads, just clicking on the thread title will take you to the last post you read :) One of the changes I love about this software. To get to the very first post in the thread, you need to click on the date the thread was created. To get to the last post, click on the date the last post was made (under the name on the right hand side column) :)

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
If you're talking about threads, just clicking on the thread title will take you to the last post you read :) One of the changes I love about this software. To get to the very first post in the thread, you need to click on the date the thread was created. To get to the last post, click on the date the last post was made (under the name on the right hand side column) :)

Yes All Watched Threads for example.
Thanks Robin I am a right click open in a new window type and that works from the title too. :)

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010

fyi - somebody pointed out this only works if there are new posts in the thread you haven't read yet. clicking on a thread title with no new posts takes you to the beginning.
i haven't tried it yet but it kind of makes sense ;)

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Oooh, I learned something new! :)

Reactions: Robino1

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
fyi - somebody pointed out this only works if there are new posts in the thread you haven't read yet. clicking on a thread title with no new posts takes you to the beginning.
i haven't tried it yet but it kind of makes sense ;)

I can verify, that is correct. If there are no new posts, you will hit the first post. Just ran into it myself. ;)

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Have not seen it mentioned yet, so -

There is no cancel function in the reply box area (even under options). I started to do a reply to a thread - then changed my mind - could not see a cancel button so I deleted the entry from the reply box - later, even after leaving the thread the partial reply I had built earlier was still there (it was shadowed, but it was still there)... So I tested it - tried to delete it again - left the thread - went back and still there - hit post reply and yep it posted - then I edited it to change it...

You have to delete the text in the reply box. Then click the little floppy disk icon at the top, and click Delete Draft,

ETA : Whoops, I guess this has already been answered.:blush:

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
This theme is so bad it gives me a headache. It needs theme options or i will need to find a new vaping related forum.

I'm sorry it is giving you a headache. As soon as they work out the more pressing issues, they will be working on a darkened theme and fine tuning the way the way the forum presents itself.

Everything takes time. Patience grasshopper..... please?

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I'm sorry it is giving you a headache. As soon as they work out the more pressing issues, they will be working on a darkened theme and fine tuning the way the way the forum presents itself.

Everything takes time. Patience grasshopper..... please?

we'll have patience, robino ;) but it's true all that faded gray is very hard on the eyes :(

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Can you guys keep a running update on whats being looked into in the first post of this thread so we don't keep asking the same questions over and over. For example I know deleting conversations is an issue but it's difficult to search through 17 pages to see if there's any updates or progress and this may save you guys some time answering repitetive questions.....thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread