Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I didn't know there was a search option for finding specific cookies so thanks for that.
Yeah, that feature can come in real handy sometimes...

My local newspaper lets you read some number of articles, and then tells you that you have to pay.
But if I delete their cookies, I can start over again.
:)

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
while it has been mentioned to j0ker that the 30sec time restraint on posting is a big handicap in fielding questions in the co-op section of the forum it is also pretty cumbersome in other forums
and i type with one finger :facepalm:
any chance that interval could be shortened?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
while it has been mentioned to j0ker that the 30sec time restraint on posting is a big handicap in fielding questions in the co-op section of the forum it is also pretty cumbersome in other forums
and i type with one finger :facepalm:
any chance that interval could be shortened?

I ran into that the other day, and couldn't figure out WHAT was going on; it never happened at the old forum -- I read fast, I type fast, and having a limit like that... it's just counterproductive.

Andria

Reactions: Katya

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Anyone have an idea why a sig graphic would turn to a red x after working fine for 9000 years?

Only thing I can think of is there was a hiccup in the connection between ECF and the hosting site of the image during the last cache save. Give it another day and let's see if another cache dump/save clears things up.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Odd thing is that if I go to "signature"... it's there. But click on preview it and it disappears.

It happens with about 15% of pics/gifs I've posted. I go to google, do a 'search>image>camera icon to find another site with the same pic. Never happened with vb.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
And the new speedy ECF is MUCH appreciated!!! Caching makes a HUGE difference in page load speed! :thumb:

Did y'all ever get the sig banners to refresh every day? I'm over 10 months now, so as I get closer to my first year smoke-free, I'd love to put a counting banner in my sig again.

Andria

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Andria, It was 3 yrs for me on May 24th, so it should say 3 yrs and 6 days. It does update each day, but it's usually just a day or two behind, we'll see what it says when I post this
ETA: yeah it says 5 days, so it will update, but I think it does it really late

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria, It was 3 yrs for me on May 24th, so it should say 3 yrs and 6 days. It does update each day, but it's usually just a day or two behind, we'll see what it says when I post this
ETA: yeah it says 5 days, so it will update, but I think it does it really late

That's manageable; you could just set it one day earlier, so it would be correct all day. :D I like your banner; it says "cigarette" instead of "analog" and shows money saved too. :thumb:

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread