Found an easy fast way to fix old clogged up boge softcap cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigaah

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
United States
So, I was waiting for my new cartomizers to arrive in the mail. My last cartomizer was on its last legs. I ordered to late..my mistake. You know how they still produce some smoke but the draw on it is like sucking thru a mixing straw? Well I found a rocking solution! and its easy, fast and can turn a completely useless cartomizer into one that works like pracitcally brand new! You ready for it?

A Metal guitar string! Thats it. I had one laying around(they are also pretty cheap). Just take one that is wire wound, one of the bigger ones. feed it carefully into the screw end and pull it out the mouth piece. Put a slight crink or two in it. and work it in and out of the cartomizer rotating it slightly. You'll see the wire winds will collect a bunch of brown crap. After doing that a couple times. fill the sucker back up. 9 times out of ten Your cartomizer will draw and vape like new. Its amazing.

I havn't visited here in quite awhile but I wanted to share this with others since it worked so well, is fast and cheap. It might work with other cartomizers, I'm not sure if the coil design of the boge make it more feasable or not.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I work in the operating room and have access to lots of little tiny brushes that are on the end of wires.. we use them to brush out dirty cannulated instruments. I have one here that I brought home (for some reason or another) and this thread got me to thinking about using it. I too have and use a long sewing needle but it doesn't scrap the sides. This long brush is perfect for brushing the inside of the tube and and insert it through the battery end too and brush it out. My older cartos that I've set aside seem to be vaping much better now. I don't know where you could get one of these brushes other than where I get them. I'll look around and see if I can find any online.
brush.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread