Fountain V2 Bottom Feeder: Squonk your Atty, not your Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I will also be adapting a mod to the Fountain V2 for a small form factor squonker. This Gizmo V2 just shipped today. Will use it in 18650 mode, cut away part of the atty cage, and modify the 510 connector so the atty can be both oriented in the right direction and screwed tight to the connector.

Screenshot 2015-09-23 at 3.04.21 PM.png

wabah58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Missouri
Several days with the polycarbonate tank and no issues. Build is dual twisted 28 gauge, 3mm, .35 ohm. That build runs quite warm so it's a decent test for the PC.

Next stop trying the Aromamizer tank/top cap/chuff when it arrives in a week or so.

View attachment 492796

Are you using the Aromamizer stuff on the Fountain?

I have to say the Aromamizer is pretty amazing, the best I've used so far in my vaping journey!

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Are you using the Aromamizer stuff on the Fountain?

I have to say the Aromamizer is pretty amazing, the best I've used so far in my vaping journey!

That's great to hear! I haven't received it yet, but I'm hoping to fit the Aromamizer upper assembly to the Fountain V2 base/deck. That will get the air down low where I prefer it.

Reactions: wabah58

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
My Fountain v2's arrived yesterday, after cracking the glass in one, I built the other two with dual coils at 0.65ohms.

Nice flavour and vapour at 35w, and the squonking works well and is good fun :)

Thanks for the tip @TheWestPole

Great. I'm liking mine more every day. When I get the modifications sorted out, I'll be getting another for sure.

wabah58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Missouri
That's great to hear! I haven't received it yet, but I'm hoping to fit the Aromamizer upper assembly to the Fountain V2 base/deck. That will get the air down low where I prefer it.

I'll be real interested in your opinion of the Aromamizer, I just threw in a basic dual 24 ga 6 wrap coming in at almost .3, cotton cut the width of the base (23mm) on the velocity style deck, and that makes the tails just touch the bottom. Flavor is very strong, and clouds are very thick. Not even close to having a dry hit, and never a leak.

The Fountain I have to make side flow, I just can't get the top air to corporate at 100% of my liking.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Oh my bad Im talking about the RTDA Aromamizer, lol.. sorry man :p

I don't think it's been cloned yet :(

I'll shut up now I've derailed the topic enough :O

:D Same original company. I'll get around to the Steam Crave RDTA one of these days. Getting very high marks. UD Bellus looks interesting too.

twolostminds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2009
I am so torn....
I have been using an HCigar Kayfun v4 1.0 ohm stuffed with koh gen doh exclusively for a year now. It is great but I've got the vaping bug and want a new piece of hardware that will give more flavor and bigger plumes and lung feel. I love the way the Fountain v2 looks but I have never squonked before. I also love the Aromamizer RDTA's looks and its bottom airflow. I'd love to hear your opinions.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I am so torn....
I have been using an HCigar Kayfun v4 1.0 ohm stuffed with koh gen doh exclusively for a year now. It is great but I've got the vaping bug and want a new piece of hardware that will give more flavor and bigger plumes and lung feel. I love the way the Fountain v2 looks but I have never squonked before. I also love the Aromamizer RDTA's looks and its bottom airflow. I'd love to hear your opinions.

Have you used any drippers? Fountain V2 vapes like a top-air dripper and drippers generally set the standard for vape quality. The best dual coil RTAs are now getting very close though. I don't have one yet, but don't think you could go wrong with Aromamizer RDTA. However, for less $ than one of those you could get a Fountain v2 and two good RTA clones like Cthulhu, Goblin, Goblin Mini, etc. All are capable of a much bigger vape than KF4 and more satisfying lung hitting. Taste with all these is more about your builds than any inherent limitation of the atty. The Fountain with its dripper style deck will be a good bit easier to experiment builds on than the others. Building on dual coil RTAs can involve a longer learning curve.

Reactions: Vapin Dave

twolostminds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2009
Have you used any drippers? Fountain V2 vapes like a top-air dripper and drippers generally set the standard for vape quality. The best dual coil RTAs are now getting very close though. I don't have one yet, but don't think you could go wrong with Aromamizer RDTA. However, for less $ than one of those you could get a Fountain v2 and two good RTA clones like Cthulhu, Goblin, Goblin Mini, etc. All are capable of a much bigger vape than KF4 and more satisfying lung hitting. Taste with all these is more about your builds than any inherent limitation of the atty. The Fountain with its dripper style deck will be a good bit easier to experiment builds on than the others. Building on dual coil RTAs can involve a longer learning curve.

I have a 454 Big Block running quad coils at 0.28 ohms. Typing that made me feel like I was working on cars again. lol I like the flavor and the clouds it makes are so thick they are almost too much for my liking. But like most RDA's, the drip drip driping is too inconvenient while on the run.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I have a 454 Big Block running quad coils at 0.28 ohms. Typing that made me feel like I was working on cars again. lol I like the flavor and the clouds it makes are so thick they are almost too much for my liking. But like most RDA's, the drip drip driping is too inconvenient while on the run.

No wonder you're attracted to Fountain V2 then, a dripper you don't have to drip.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Back to derail the thread again :p

@TheWestPole What do you think of the new rdta "The Dolphin" on FT?

No more top-down pump experiments for me. I've been through Big Dripper and Zero Gravity and had enough. That is, for the time being. :rolleyes:

wabah58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Missouri
What do you think?

Well im just now retiring 2 big drippers, so the top drip doesn't bother me, I like the 5 ml capacity and 2 post deck. I only used my big drippers at home so I don't have any problems with the atmosphere and traveling dropping unwanted juice on deck and flooding.

That being said im a few weeks in now on the Aromamizer RDTA, and I think im going to use them now on, to replace the big drippers. Im kind of price thrifty :p and im surprised at myself for not jumping on it, but that damn expensive Aromamizer has got me. The only mod I had to make on it is to drill a dimple hole in the knurled bottom side to know when my coil is lined up in the air hole.

Arom.jpg

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Well im just now retiring 2 big drippers, so the top drip doesn't bother me, I like the 5 ml capacity and 2 post deck. I only used my big drippers at home so I don't have any problems with the atmosphere and traveling dropping unwanted juice on deck and flooding.

That being said im a few weeks in now on the Aromamizer RDTA, and I think im going to use them now on, to replace the big drippers. Im kind of price thrifty :p and im surprised at myself for not jumping on it, but that damn expensive Aromamizer has got me. The only mod I had to make on it is to drill a dimple hole in the knurled bottom side to know when my coil is lined up in the air hole.

View attachment 494504

Good idea with the air alignment.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Very nice @TheWestPole !

How did you remove the wolf? I'd like to do this myself :)

Mounted it on a 510 connector then chucked the connector in a drill press @ ~2000 RPM. Starting with 100 grit sandpaper, ending with medium metal finishing pad, which gets it close in appearance to the original OD grind. The wolf is pretty deep and stubborn as these kind of etchings go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread