:: FP - GrandMaster Clone ✅

Discussion in 'E-Liquid Recipes' started by ReacT, Apr 8, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Phone Guy

Phone Guy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2013
    Arlington, Texas - USA
    Still anticipating the castle long.... Anxiously.

ReacT and Tmebs like this.
  2. BVapz

BVapz Full Member

Jul 16, 2016
    Hi react thanks for the recipe... I don't have cap super sweet... I only have TPA sweetener, cotton candy and marshmallow...
    Which one can I use to substitute cap super sweet and how % should I use?

3. ReacT

ReacT Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2014
    Mars!
    Hi,

TPA Sweetener %1 for %50 PG/VG mix.
    TPA Sweetener %0.5 for higher VG mixes.

Cotton candy is ethyl maltol and you can also use it in recipes as ethyl maltol at %1 and maximum %2. Vaping too much ethyl maltol will give you vapers tongue which means you cannot taste other juices that has not added ethyl maltol. Ethyl maltol is also killer for some flavors and easily mutes some flavors in time while steeping, it should be used in low percentages, like %0.7. This will give you mouth feeling after 20 days steeping that premium juices have.

BVapz likes this.
  4. BVapz

BVapz Full Member

Jul 16, 2016
    Thanks react.. will try to make this recipe tomorrow once my tpa orders came in. Will try 50% PG/VG Mix first

5. BVapz

BVapz Full Member

Jul 16, 2016
    Hi react... Just finished make this one up since my order just got here today.

Not all of the ingredient but here's what I make from what I read on all the post... Hopefully this is sufficient enough to make a good GM Clone :

All TPA :
    DX Banana Cream 4%
    Peanut Butter 15%
    DX Caramel Original 3.7%
    DX Hazelnut 0.6%
    Acetyl Pyrazine 1%
    Vanilla Swirl 1.5%
    Marshmallow 1.5%

Never try GM myself, but hopefully is good enough on my first try at 30ml 3mg 50/50 mix.

What do you think of the mixes? any suggestion?

I'm going to leave 24 hour cap off and steeping it around 30 days :)

ReacT likes this.
  6. ReacT

Jul 26, 2014
    Mars!
    I guess you are trying to make Acetoin, AP free but you need to use DX Peanut butter too, because normal peanut butter has Acetoin. Using DX will of course taste different because DX or v2 series of flavors cannot give you the creamy or mouthful taste that the original premium liquids have but DX are indeed healthier. This recipe will taste awesome after 20 days :)

BVapz likes this.
  7. BVapz

BVapz Full Member

Jul 16, 2016
    Yes you're right. I tend to make AP free but can't get DX Peanut butter, so I guess a little AP will do no harm :D. So I will try the 20 days steep instead of 30 days. Thanks for the pointer react :thumb:

Oh one other thing... how many days should I shake the bottle? once a day for 20 days?

8. Phone Guy

Sep 25, 2013
    Arlington, Texas - USA
    I didn't have hazelnut, so I made this without that 1. I'm letting it steep, I hope it's good

Wheats likes this.
  9. Wheats

Wheats Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2014
    Union NJ
    Update: so I made the DX version before I left for vacation. 24 hr cap off, shake and 21 days in the drawer. When I got back from vacation I vaped it. For the most part it was good. However I am getting a popcorn-y kernel burnt taste on the finish. I would venture to even say "taco shell". My guess is it's the nutty Acetyl Pyrazine. Any suggestion to smooth that out?
    My next attempt I plan to swap it out with a TPA Toffee. Or throw in a wee bit FLV PB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ReacT

Jul 26, 2014
    Mars!
    It is mostly from DX Peanut Butter. Thats why I did prefer to use the first recipe with flv and low tpa pb. I suggest FLV PB and drop the Fresh Cream, add %0.5 EM. There were always problems with DX flavors for me too since it is not possible to make creamy taste with DX where it covers that popcorn taste. For example DX caramel original and caramel original flavors are compeltely tastes different, DX flavors are more like popcorn and burnt because of butyric acid is used to replace acetoin.

Partspro likes this.
  11. Wheats

Wheats Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2014
    Union NJ
    That is some great advice! Thanks! Tonight I put 5 drops of FLV pb into 10ml of the DX recipe. It definitely smooths it out and masks the "taco shell" aspect a bit. That and the creamy mouth feel is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReacT likes this.
  12. jambi

jambi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2014
    SoCal
    Version 1, followed precisely, lone exception being I used my preferred 70/30 VG/PG ratio. 20 day steep. Outstanding!

Waiting for the Castle Long!

Phone Guy likes this.
  13. Phone Guy

Sep 25, 2013
    Arlington, Texas - USA
    I did this without Hazelnut, and it was pretty decent. Will have to order some Hazelnut on the next order of Flavorings.

Oh yeah, and I'm anxiously waiting for the castle recipe!!!

14. BVapz

BVapz Full Member

Jul 16, 2016
    So I made 2 batch... the second is 10/9/16 with addition PB Flavorah after my purchase came.
    The first batch I taste around 20 days it doesn't so good, so I wait until 25 days it better and after 30 days it quite nice mix since everything seems mellow out. But the second batch is mile better than the first batch and the smell is really good after I wait 30 days. The peanut butter is really comes out with flavorah just like you said

Now I still waiting for my fresh cream to arrive to make another batch of this great e-juice. Thanks a lot react for the sharing :thumbs:

ReacT likes this.
  15. subwayaznm

subwayaznm A Geek with a Cool slice Verified Member

Jan 24, 2016
    USA
    Thanks for doing this for us @react

ReacT likes this.
  16. Phone Guy

Sep 25, 2013
    Arlington, Texas - USA
    Been a while since I've been on ECF - any movement on the Castle Long recipe? :D

BrentMydland and Tmebs like this.
  17. Tmebs

Tmebs Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    @Phone Guy, @react, Me too.
    Still sitting on vanilla beans awaiting instruction from our Martian friend!!!

BrentMydland likes this.
  18. ReacT

Jul 26, 2014
    Mars!
    I've tried 2 years. The last attempt was extracting vanilla from madagascar vanilla beans, it was okay but didnt taste/smell anything like the vanilla in original CL. I was able to extract vanilla from beans and steeped it 6 months. I see fivepawns use a custom vanilla extract probably from an unknown company, there are over thousand companies provide vanilla extract. It is not capella, fa, tpa or any other brand. It is a natural vanilla in the original CL that gives the unique taste as well as the brown color of the liquid.

All I can say about the original CL is, it has natural vanilla extract that is alcohol based, this is the prominent flavor of CL and the second follows coconut. It is not capella coconut and it is surely not tpa coconut extra, again some kind of different custom coconut they use. So the prominent flavors are vanilla and coconut. Not almond or bourbon. The other thing is, CL is 70PG. Not 50/50 for sure.

At the end I give up and I no longer work on it now, because it is not possible to clone it, sorry but those recipes on the internet does not even close to the original taste, especially recipes with coconut extra tpa is fail. If we are unable to get at least %90 the same taste, there is no point of sharing it.

There are some eliquids that cannot be cloned, CL is one of them. If one day I get %90 similar taste, I will share.

kas122461, Tmebs and dobroeutro like this.
  19. Tmebs

Tmebs Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    Thanks you very much for the response. Thank you very much for all your efforts on this one.
    I'm sure many besides myself appreciate the recipes you have already provided here.

:toast:

ReacT likes this.
  20. ReacT

Jul 26, 2014
    Mars!
    I've a delicious cookie recipe that I'm going to release it, in few minutes now ;) :: The Best & Delicious Cookie ✅

Iv3shf, kas122461 and Tmebs like this.