ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
Post a photo... ;)
20170219_195038.jpg

The grommets are from fasttech:
$2.25 Rubber Insulation Rings for eGo Batteries (50-Pack) 50-pack - grey at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Rubber Insulation Rings for eGo batteries (50-Pack) $2.25

One is at the top end of the tube, another is placed in the bottle cap hole for the tube.

A ten cent upgrade.

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
I see it like crunchie does. There isn't much besides some tweaking with the spring switch and the bottle needed to get this one working like a champ.

The replacement bottles I got were softer (later batch) and push like my reo bottle. I still added the grommet to the metal cap hole and top oh the tube where it meets the 510 connection.
I've got another one on the way from FT. I don't know if it will come with a softer bottle or not, but I have some SuperSoft bottles on the way and I plan on using those anyway.

Reactions: TheWestPole

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
Where did you find them in stock at?I have a couple and want to get a few more,but every place i know that sells them is out of stock.
Rakuten Vape Village in Japan. First and probably last time I deal with them. The seller is supposed to contact you about shipping options, but they just sent them express. So I ended up spending $48 for 3 bottles. :cry:
For a mod that's still in China. Yeah...

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Rakuten Vape Village in Japan. First and probably last time I deal with them. The seller is supposed to contact you about shipping options, but they just sent them express. So I ended up spending $48 for 3 bottles. :cry:
For a mod that's still in China. Yeah...
Thanks for letting me know,but yeah i don't think i want to pay $48 haha.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
A word of caution with the FD V5 connector: Don't put too much lateral force on the feed pin (where your tubing connects) or the epoxy holding the center pin assembly into the ceramic will break loose and the guts will fall out.
I don't know if it was just the batch that I received, but it ended up happening on several of mine.

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
Question.. I got my frankenskull off FT today and I have it working... But for some reason it only fires went the bottle is out the mod any advice?
Look at the photos in this thread and check to see if the contact plate bends and folds from around the fire button area on up look similar on your mod.

If not then adjust it, if it does look similar then push harder on your fire button.

Anant Patel

Feb 18, 2017
So is that MM510 short enough for the bottle to fit in under it without modification? I think I might have to get some to put in Floris boxes if they are.

Im using soy sauce bottles that fit fine but i think FIB's would struggle without a bit of modding. The bottom knurling comes off, so shortening shouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: J_B_86

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
Im using soy sauce bottles that fit fine but i think FIB's would struggle without a bit of modding. The bottom knurling comes off, so shortening shouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah fair enough, might pick up a couple and see how they go, I've got no problem shortening the pin a bit if needed but that is about the extent of my capabilities. I think the Floris boxes have a bit of extra room too as they seem thicker at the top and they don't have the shelf at the bottom which the bottle sits on. I like the design of this 510, everything is chunky and solid and it doesn't look like it would be a leaker.

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
I got my second FrankenClone this week. I tried the bottle it came with but it wouldn't even squonk due to the air leakage. I popped in a SuperSoft bottle and it's off to the races! The only thing needed for the SS bottle is to shorten the tube a bit to keep it from kinking. Slips on and off the feeder tube with ease without a bit of air leakage. Just the perfect fit for this mod. Easiest refill of all my squonkers to boot.

Reactions: TheWestPole
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread