Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
FWIW gents, I've been able to manage all of my contact materials using a solid straightedge and a utility knife. As ong as you take it slow with even pressure and stay in the same score line, you'll get through in a few passes. At least far enough to be able to *snap* along the scored edge.
You don't lose material and your edge is straight & clean, only a small amount of edge buffing is really necessary.
This is 28g silver cut using this method and I've only taken the burr off the edges...
DPJiFSq.jpg
What did you use to punch?

FDA BOC

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
What did you use to punch?

FDA BOC
For the contact points?
The letter "O" from my metal stamping set.
I've found that a combination of the specific letter and some polishing allows the battery to slide in a bit more smoothly and it doesn't tear the wrapper.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
Press or hammer struck?

FDA BOC

Hammer-struck on a hardwood block, it took a little bit to get he feel for the depth but a few light taps usually does the trick.
If you think it's too deep you can always use a piece of flat steel, lay it across the raised point and tap it back down.

Reactions: EddieAdams

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
anyone has experience with the shenray frankieskull clone?

is it the same as the one on fasttech with all the fiddling needed?

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a21m2.1.0.0&id=544315622797
No idea whether it's the same or not.
There really isn't much fiddling needed with this mod if you have a SuperSoft bottle to replace the one it comes with. I had an extra and I popped it right in after trimming the tube to fit. I cut a little bit of the tubing to make a spacer for the 510 to make good contact with my Derringer. Done.
The SuperSoft bottles are hard to find right now, but you can get some HCigar squonk bottles and grommets for under $5 and rock with that.
Most of the "fiddling" you see in this thread is totally unnecessary. We just like to play with our toys.

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
No idea whether it's the same or not.
There really isn't much fiddling needed with this mod if you have a SuperSoft bottle to replace the one it comes with. I had an extra and I popped it right in after trimming the tube to fit. I cut a little bit of the tubing to make a spacer for the 510 to make good contact with my Derringer. Done.
The SuperSoft bottles are hard to find right now, but you can get some HCigar squonk bottles and grommets for under $5 and rock with that.
Most of the "fiddling" you see in this thread is totally unnecessary. We just like to play with our toys.

That's really good to hear. Someone mentioned the original plating will rip the battery wrap apart..?

What's a grommet and the use of it?

I was planning on ordering one of Shenray Hadaly and the Franky to see if I'll like squonking.

Pico squeeze is like $120 in my local black market.

Nonetheless fasttech is banned in my country, any package from fasttech is automatically deemed as e-cig related, send for destruction and a letter of warning for first offender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I just ordered a few.Hopefully they have enough memory to suck veg based liquids back into bottle after squonk.
I can't say on all vg based,but i use 70-80% vg in my juices and haven't had any issues.If you haven't used these bottles before though,be warned,they can be a pain at first.When i got mine,they would let air escape between the threads when the cap was on.Someone pointed me to a tutorial on how to make them seal,you pinch the hose tight,and squueze the bottle a few times until you dont hear the air or see any juice coming out of the threads,then it is supposed to be good to go.Mine were not,they would seal up,then after putting them in the mod,i could sqounk 1 time,then they would lose the seal again,i hated those bottles at first.I finally went to the hardware store and found some small o-rings that fit the inside of the cap,and now they work great.You may not have the same issue,but if you do,it is an easy quick fix.

Reactions: TheWestPole

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Have 3 SIB bottles and more on the way,all work flawlessly. As long as you don't cross-thread them they'll last a long time. Should thread smoothly and seal. If you encounter resistance threads aren't aligned.

FDA BOC
Mine thread nice and smooth,but wouldn't hold the seal.Apparently several others had the issue with the initial seal on theirs too,because there are a few tutorial video's on youtube about how to seal them.It may have just been a bad batch of them,and i only got 3,but hopefully they are better now.I still like them,and will be ordering more,but i have more o-rings ready to go just in case haha.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I have a bunch. Same issue - they "seep" at the threads. Even WITH the prep squeeze, every refill I have to wipe off the threads, and sometimes have to retighten to avoid the Squooof (that's a squonk that doesn't hold pressure).

I followed another fix - heating the cap with a lighter - and that seemed to be a fix for several of them. Heat in place, screwed on, empty of course and no tube - then dunk in water to cool.

Reactions: b.m.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread