Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Do you have a link to what you did to convert the 510 to adjustable? I must have missed it.
You'll need
Drill press
Drill vice
cupped 3mm grub screw(if not vented) FDV where I got mine
1/16 drill bit (if grub screw isn't vented)
3/32 drill bit
3mm tap
Adjustable pliers

Drill press helps greatly but, believe I could have done by hand. I vented the cupped grub screw drilling through the cupped tip to not damage the Allen key end using 1/16 bit.

Then removed the positive pin from the frankenskull 510 and drilled that to the depth of the grub screw using the 3/32. Then tapped and threaded by hand using the 3mm tap and whaalaaa! Adjustable 510
20170126_233744-1.jpg

20170126_233826-1.jpg

FDA BOC

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
You'll need
Drill press
Drill vice
cupped 3mm grub screw(if not vented) FDV where I got mine
1/16 drill bit (if grub screw isn't vented)
3/32 drill bit
3mm tap
Adjustable pliers

Drill press helps greatly but, believe I could have done by hand. I vented the cupped grub screw drilling through the cupped tip to not damage the Allen key end using 1/16 bit.

Then removed the positive pin from the frankenskull 510 and drilled that to the depth of the grub screw using the 3/32. Then tapped and threaded by hand using the 3mm tap and whaalaaa! Adjustable 510
View attachment 641831
View attachment 641833

Ah, yes. Now I remember. :thumb:

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Holy shoot did I jinx myself with the genuine SSIBs. All 5 new ones don't seal air tight. I've tightened the caps on tightly and will leave like that. Maybe mold over time. Haha

Edit:Hand tightening and leaving for a bit has already sealed 3 of 5. Hopefully the other ones do too

FDA BOC

Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Holy shoot did I jinx myself with the genuine SSIBs. All 5 new ones don't seal air tight. I've tightened the caps on tightly and will leave like that. Maybe mold over time. Haha

Edit:Hand tightening and leaving for a bit has already sealed 3 of 5. Hopefully the other ones do too

FDA BOC
I told ya so haha.Good to hear some are self sealing though,i never got that lucky.If they lose the seal or the others just don't,grab some #5 o-rings,they are 3/8 x 1/4 x 1/16,they fit right up inside the cap and make a great seal on the bottles.

Reactions: EddieAdams

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
I told ya so haha.Good to hear some are self sealing though,i never got that lucky.If they lose the seal or the others just don't,grab some #5 o-rings,they are 3/8 x 1/4 x 1/16,they fit right up inside the cap and make a great seal on the bottles.
Yeah, I'm just going to leave them tightened for awhile and see if that takes care of it. They all came disassembled so it's the first time the bottles have been threaded. Possibly the cause.

FDA BOC

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I had some that only responded to the lighter thing.
Might make that standard practice. Did throw some o-rings in a cart too - but that mystifies me - seems the whole trouble is that there's not enough thread...and the o-ring would even further reduce that. But I'll give it a go!...

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I had some that only responded to the lighter thing.
Might make that standard practice. Did throw some o-rings in a cart too - but that mystifies me - seems the whole trouble is that there's not enough thread...and the o-ring would even further reduce that. But I'll give it a go!...
With the o-ring though,as the cap is screwed on,it compresses the ring creating a seal between the top of the bottle and the cap,i hadn't heard of the lighter trick until you mentioned it a few days back,but the o-ring is working perfectly on all of mine.

Reactions: Train2

WickedGene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2015
Brunswick, GA USA
Some guy over in Spain or Italy, can't remember for sure, 3d prints them and then post on fb group and they sell out almost immediately. They are really unique and everything but I have found several just as good. Check out Toaster Designs fb group. They have a list going up soon and they are awesome. I picked this one up back in January.
356e6fd96bb092e0b239773b5fd215a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Just received an 8.5ml soft bottle from Reomods. What a major improvement they are over the stock bottle! Squonks like a champ now and it'll be back in my daily rotation. :thumbs:
Trust me. Everyone's eyes lit up when we saw the sSIB clones on fasttech. Thankfully I was able to cancel before shipping. How they could get them so right yet so wrong is amazing. Hard plastic, wrong size tubing. Really the only thing they got right is the cap and dimensions. Rob has a fair price on the genuine anyway.

I caved and bought some cappy silicone bottles. They're really nice but, like I thought, won't work in this style mod. Block the button press with the large caps. Annoying...

FDA BOC

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
Just received an 8.5ml soft bottle from Reomods. What a major improvement they are over the stock bottle! Squonks like a champ now and it'll be back in my daily rotation. :thumbs:
The real Frankenskull's are designed around the SuperSoft bottles. There are other options, but none work as well. The stock bottle is not worth wasting time with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread