Status
Not open for further replies.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Anyone knows what size Mitek button fits inside the button hole of mod..looking to customize one with a small chip, low profile 510, and copper wiring.
Need to insatall a swith thats going to work well soldered to the legs of an on board swith. Any suggestions?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
Is it 12mm and if it is will a .5Am be good to use instead of a small tactical switch

The button is a tad over 11mm diameter. As for the rest, I don't know, I don't mix electronics and vaping.
But if you can put a TC chip in the Frankie that interfaces with my phone via Bluetooth instead of having a screen, and still squonks I might lower my standards.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Ok GUys after much creative language use I finally got Frankenberry working properly every time. Went out and bought the suggested tool and tried to put the dimple in it. I apparently lack the strength to do it on the steel positive connector that comes with the thing. I never managed more than the tiniest bend. So I took my needle nosed pliers and did some creative bending of the metal that way to get a makeshift hump. It is working. Finally!

If it keeps running right a 2nd day then I am going to order another one. I really love how this thing hits with the Hadley clone on it.

Edit: On Day 3 it is still working correctly every time. 2nd Frankie ordered ... ok and 2 more Hadley clones.

Last edited:

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Ok GUys after much creative language use I finally got Frankenberry working properly every time. Went out and bought the suggested tool and tried to put the dimple in it. I apparently lack the strength to do it on the steel positive connector that comes with the thing. I never managed more than the tiniest bend. So I took my needle nosed pliers and did some creative bending of the metal that way to get a makeshift hump. It is working. Finally!

If it keeps running right a 2nd day then I am going to order another one. I really love how this thing hits with the Hadley clone on it.
Did you hammer it over a piece of wood?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
So the v3 (the transparent colors) has the adjustable 510? Most are using the 8.5ml REO bottles?
I can't speak to the v3.

I am using the bottles that come with them or can be bought as fasttech as spares for the frankie. I just did the grommet fix and have had no more leaking problems with them. I don't find them any harder to squeeze than the original standard REO bottles (6 mL).

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
So the v3 (the transparent colors) has the adjustable 510? Most are using the 8.5ml REO bottles?
No. I don't believe any of the 510s are adjustable. At least I haven't picked up that the transparent internals are any different. And they come with a very poor clone of the Soft Italian Bottles that REO sells.

Reactions: Myrany

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
No. I don't believe any of the 510s are adjustable. At least I haven't picked up that the transparent internals are any different. And they come with a very poor clone of the Soft Italian Bottles that REO sells.

yeah I have one of those REO soft bottles in my Woodville. I actually find them too soft with my awkward hands. I am constantly flooding the atty LOL.

Edit: Why did I think those soft bottles were Russian though? Maybe the originals were?

Reactions: EddieAdams

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013

I saw this from someone else in the thread and thought (hoped) they would be adjustable..

Make sure you get the v3, it has the adjustable 510!!

Reactions: EddieAdams

Houndstooth

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2016
Cape Ann, MA
I haven't been on the board much over the last few months, but was at one point interested in the Frankenskull. It however seemed plagued with shortcomings that required additional modifications. That said a friend recently told me that the later versions were relatively worked through and then I ran across this:

Frankenskull v3 Style 18650 Bottom Feeding Mechanical Mod Kit - Brown

Are these turn-key at this point? (Don't care about the RDA) TIA

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Ok guys, Mandro and all the pro builders and modders....lol
I have a 15amp rated switch to solder to the boards on board tacticle switch. Do i need to add any fuses or resistors to the switch?
This is my first ever customization so barre with me.... I might become a serious modder one day...lol

Reactions: Mandro

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
Just got my V3 Translucent Light Blue Frankie today and posted a quick review on FT. This is copy and paste:

I have four other Frankenskull clones, 3 PC models and the ABS resin gray model. All of them either need a shim under the positive pin to make contact with a standard atty, or a shim on the positive pin of the atty. Not a deal breaker but a definite annoyance. Same with this V3. Same hard bottle, it would work like a charm if they just used the same plastic as the HCigar or Kanger bottles.

V3 has a different 510. The little ridges around the perimeter on the top of the 510 create a little air space underneath the atty, I guess this is the "heat insulated" they talk about in the description. The round brass nuts are now round stainless nuts, which seem to work just as well.

The magnets on the door protrude, making to much contact with the battery so that the door wobbles a bit and clicks when handling. Slightly annoying, but not bad.

The translucent blue looks sweet with my converted V3 Derringer with a blue POM top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread