Frankenskull clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered, another one from FT (I love the color + they went thru the trouble of sanding it for me.. Lol)

7765600-5.jpg

I kinda like it, we'll see how it turns out! :D

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
Ok guys, Mandro and all the pro builders and modders....lol
I have a 15amp rated switch to solder to the boards on board tacticle switch. Do i need to add any fuses or resistors to the switch?
This is my first ever customization so barre with me.... I might become a serious modder one day...lol

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Again, I could be wrong lol but my understanding is that if the board uses a tactile switch, it's using very low current. You can replace the tactile switch with any equal or higher rated switch, like your 15 amp without needing any additional components.

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
I haven't been on the board much over the last few months, but was at one point interested in the Frankenskull. It however seemed plagued with shortcomings that required additional modifications. That said a friend recently told me that the later versions were relatively worked through and then I ran across this:

Frankenskull v3 Style 18650 Bottom Feeding Mechanical Mod Kit - Brown

Are these turn-key at this point? (Don't care about the rda) TIA
The mod did work out of the box for me so turnkey, yes. It is much nicer though with some easy adjustments mentioned in this thread. For the small price difference I would get the rda as well. It is a decent performer.

Reactions: Houndstooth

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
Well I Just Got My Frankenskull Today From FT. Cant Seem To Get It To Fire. Ive Tried Everything SMH Seems Like They Sent Me A Defective Device

I got a couple of them today and one of them was completely missing the top contact. If yours is the same, that will definitely cause it not to fire!

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Just chiming in...I got one of these things and it's pretty neat. I did cut down a vt 510 and it works great....But not worth the effort. With the stock 510, remove the pin and slide a small slice of your bottle tubing up to the top. Reassemble. It raises the 510 and squishes down to create a seal. And, it's free...You needed to trim that tubing anyway. Am I right? I'm all about free and on hand, people.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Just finished upgrading this little guy the other day. MM 510, copper contacts, square bottles. Now this little guy works nice and proper!
ac8ec058722ac1cbce83d52ed13ee2ee.jpg
7f6207e4248857d8576264169fae2843.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Where did you buy the mm 510? Need one for another mod im planing to upgrade.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Where did you buy the mm 510? Need one for another mod im planing to upgrade.

ModMaker in the UK would be correct. As far as I know, that's the only place to find them. Great 510, cheap and a great guy to deal with. His bottles are pretty nice too. I'd piece together a big enough order to justify DHL if you're in any kind of hurry. Royal Mail can drag their feet.

Reactions: b.m.

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
Cool mate... Anyone knows if theres any US distributors for MM in the US? I found 510s on ebay but not that one nor that style.

I've seen one shop selling the bottles,but no one in the states is carrying the 510s.You would have to order direct from them in the UK.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
ModMaker in the UK would be correct. As far as I know, that's the only place to find them. Great 510, cheap and a great guy to deal with. His bottles are pretty nice too. I'd piece together a big enough order to justify DHL if you're in any kind of hurry. Royal Mail can drag their feet.
Yeah,i wasn't sure,but i thought they were the only ones to get them from.On the shipping,i'd go decent sized order even if using Royal mail.I put a cart together a while back with 3 510's,5 complete bottles,and 5 bottles only,and the shipping through Rm was $10 and some change,so i decided to wait on the order until i can really stock up on some of the stuff and make the shipping charge worth it.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

WickedGene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2015
Brunswick, GA USA
Yep, that's where I got it. I would suggest ordering several because he has run out of stock couple of times. Huge demand for these. Great 510 and great guy to deal with[emoji106] RM is slow af for sure. I'm on the east coast and it still takes at least 12 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Asbestos4004
Guys i have a quick question, does the little atom on top have single coil airflow option?

I'd like the Frankie to be a tight draw, single coil, MTL kind of vape, but the first one I got was without the atomizer on top, and the pictures online do not show the rear-side of it so I really dunno if the thing comes with the option to just get air in one channel :C

Anyone that bought the kit that can help me?

Thx <3

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
Guys i have a quick question, does the little atom on top have single coil airflow option?

I'd like the Frankie to be a tight draw, single coil, MTL kind of vape, but the first one I got was without the atomizer on top, and the pictures online do not show the rear-side of it so I really dunno if the thing comes with the option to just get air in one channel :C

Anyone that bought the kit that can help me?

Thx <3

No single coil option. If you are looking for single coil and MTL, you are going to want a different atomizer completely. There are quite a few inexpensive options on Fasttech and 3FVape.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Woody Frankie

I like my painted Frankie, but the unpainted "Resin Gray" not so much. Fit of the door was too loose and creaky. So I chucked the body and made this. Different look but 100% Frankie hardware with a few minor tweaks.

IMAG2725_picmonkeyed (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMAG2717_picmonkeyed (1).jpg
    IMAG2717_picmonkeyed (1).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMAG2734_picmonkeyed (1).jpg
    IMAG2734_picmonkeyed (1).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG2731_picmonkeyed (1).jpg
    IMAG2731_picmonkeyed (1).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Woody Frankie

I like my painted Frankie, but the unpainted "Resin Gray" not so much. Fit of the door was too loose and creaky. So I chucked the body and made this. Different look but 100% Frankie hardware with a few minor tweaks.

View attachment 661707
Where do I sign??? That's awesome !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread