Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
It looks like the botton has an extra cusion of peek or somthing. I think if remove the bottle will fit fine.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Remove the extra backing on
the button. Flatten the bend thats leaning on the cap then bend the very tip of the contact into an L shape...maybe that will work

Yes, totally doable. I posted the pic just so show it in place.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Can I clear coat this with clear gloss spray? I think i read something about not spraying on items that heat up to 200 ° or something like that. Idk

I wouldn't worry, just let it fully cure.

bmxer13

Jan 1, 2014
Nebraska
Hey guys I just got my Frankie today in the mail. I've been browsing through this thread since I've ordered it and seen that the reos bottle will work in this. I went ahead and ordered some 6.5ml bottles and a VT bf 510. My problem is that the bottles seem like they are way to big with the caps that they sent with. Did I screw up and order to big of bottles?

Reactions: TheWestPole

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
Got my second frankie. Ordered the slightly more expensive one. Now I just need a ultem top cap for the shift bf to be all matchy matchy lol.
9b919eade64408b886aff2c4f3627dfa.jpg

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
Hey guys I just got my Frankie today in the mail. I've been browsing through this thread since I've ordered it and seen that the reos bottle will work in this. I went ahead and ordered some 6.5ml bottles and a VT bf 510. My problem is that the bottles seem like they are way to big with the caps that they sent with. Did I screw up and order to big of bottles?

Yeah, those bottles won't fit. REO sells several different sizes of bottles. The ones you wanted are the 8.5ml supersoft bottles, which do fit.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Got my Frankie clone "version 3" Clear green yesterday. The door is bent and because of this it cant close completely flush against the rest of the mod. Anybody else have this problem?

Wow. No, I haven't. Really odd for an injection molded part. Could you post a picture?

Last edited:
Wow. Now, I haven't. Really odd for an injection molded part. Could you post a picture?
Its kind of hard to see but its there. depending on which part i push in either the top or the bottom edge of the door pops out.

Attachments

• IMG_0064 (1).JPG
    IMG_0064 (1).JPG
    495.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0066 (1).JPG
    IMG_0066 (1).JPG
    542.2 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Its kind of hard to see but its there. depending on which part i push in either the top or the bottom edge of the door pops out.

Yikes, totally warped. o_O I'd try to bend it back into shape. This is not high melt temp plastic so boiling water might just be hot enough. Drop it in and give it a minute to fully heat up, pull, counter bend then weight down flat until it cools. If it improves, repeat until good.

If that doesn't do it, try a heat gun. I don't know the exact grade of the plastic, but conservatively you won't risk melting until 400 deg. F.

Yikes, totally warped. o_O I'd try to bend it back into shape. This is not high melt temp plastic so boiling water might just be hot enough. Drop it in and give it a minute to fully heat up, pull, counter bend then weight down flat until it cools. If it improves, repeat until good.

If that doesn't do it, try a heat gun. I don't know the exact grade of the plastic, but conservatively you won't risk melting until 400 deg. F.
Thanks. I'll give it a try

Irons

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
MI

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
How are the transparent versions holding up after some use? Any cracking issues?

Also, can someone please confirm for me if the transparent versions have an adjustable 510. I have read conflicting things.
i have 3 clear ones, a white, black, tiffany blue and a putty color. All the clear ones i have (green, blue and bronze) are fine and dandy. They hold up fine. If the 510's are adjustable, it's news to me. I do the same with those as I do with the solid ones...pull it apart and slide a little bit of tubing up the pin. Works great.
As far as the mods go, I'd stay away from white and the putty colored ones. It seems the paint helps everything fit tighter. Those 2 are pretty much useless unless you mix and match with painted ones. Like a black door on the white mod and white door on the black....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread