• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Frankfurt, Main

Status
Not open for further replies.

jluster

Jan 2, 2013
Dallas, TX
FFM is a vape disaster. We have a grand total of one (count 'em, one) shop that actually sells batteries and atties, they have (as of last checking, a week ago) one knock-off Chinese eGo 1100/vv variant in stock, an eVic on display, and some weird vapeTech knockoff. Liquids are hit or miss, but luckily there are some tobacco stores in this town that sell them.

Compared with Dallas, TX, this is amazingly bad. The (aforementioned) only store selling equipment does so between serving smokers and selling magazines and drinks. It feels rushed, almost disrespectfully ignorant, and there is no way anyone who wants to start vaping would consider it for one second after being treated that way. Other places sell vastly overpriced throwaways, but I won't even get into that.

We're losing the fight in Strassburg and elsewhere (famously the state court in Frankfurt, recently) because we are a voiceless minority. Very little is done to make vaping attractive, those who sell vape related things, from juices to equipment, treat us (their customers) with disdain and neglect. Yes, it's bad if someone coming in for a 5€ pack of smokes gets more time with a seller than someone coming in to spend twenty times that much on overpriced eGo knockoffs.

In Dallas I can hit one of about 30 vape stores. They're all vape places, not tobacconists with a hidden box of juice. I can spend an hour testing juices for something I like, tell someone what I want, have it made for me, with the right amount nicotine and my preferred vg/pg mix, and chitchat about batteries and rebuildables and undervolting and mechanical mods while enjoying a coffee. I usually leave with much less money than I entered with.

In Dallas I can send a smoker to check it out and she gets an intro into vaping, a personalized setup, gets to ask questions, feel unrushed and helped. She gets to try juices and learns about voltages and wattages and resistance and what the difference between a cartomizer and a rebuildable is, etc.

In Dallas I can vape almost everywhere because vapers are part of the fabric of the city. In Frankfurt... I am still the alien guy.

How is this in other cities? Is there such a thing as a vibrant vapers culture anywhere? Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthTexasVapers/ for the Dallas "scene" if you want, it's a great city to be a vaper in.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Now now, dear ;)
Yes, offline shops are rare in the Frankfurt area. But there is always online shopping. AND we have some very nice vapers "meetings" / "evenings out" where a new vaper / interested person is more than welcome.

Heck, we had the Germany-wide vapers weekend in June (last year and this year), about 1 hour drive from Frankfurt. ( I should know, I was on the organization team this year ;) ).

So yes, while offline shopping looks bleak in the Frankfurt area, there are a lot of vapers there :)

.. grumbles.. Dallas, TX, may be just a little bigger than Frankfurt, too ;)

jluster

Jan 2, 2013
Dallas, TX
Now now, dear ;)
Yes, offline shops are rare in the Frankfurt area. But there is always online shopping.

Online is great, I do it all the time. In fact, since I rebuild a lot and whittle my own mods I am more or less set. That makes me somewhat covered, odd vapemergency with a need for juice at 2am aside. But it's extremely bad for getting new vapers into the fold, and if it's just to try the taste of different juices and bottom/top feeders and see what they like.

.. grumbles.. Dallas, TX, may be just a little bigger than Frankfurt, too ;)

Depends. Richardson is the size of downtown Frankfurt(-ish) and home to about ten vape stores. This city could easily support, say, three. Maybe I need to open one, eh?

Fusselkater

Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
Germany
It's true that there is still a lot to do when it comes to offline shops in Germany.
A lot of tobacco shops sold disposable or ego-t sets a while ago before vaping became more popular in Germany and now a lot of them say that it didn't sell well and they hesitate to get into it again.
But they never really got into it in the first place (no variety in hardware or liquids).

Beside the Tabacon in Hessen-Center that you probably have been to there is also a nice shop in a garden center close to Frankfurt.
Reachable by car.
Or with the S-Bahn+bicycle (then you can go for a little tour to the lakes east of the shop, preferably in the summer.) :2cool:

Here is the address:

Mühlheimer Gartenwelt
Südring 28
63165 Mühlheim am Main
Dampfgarten

Last edited:
Reactions: rudiwi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread