Free-for-all RBA coil setup brainstorming & testing inspired by Scubabatdan's ScubaQu concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Actually, I did the drill bit coil method and fired it like 3 times before inserting the wick. Didn't seem to affect it as far as I could tell. I am getting kind of a weird ohm fluctuation after a tank full. Drops like 2 or 3 ohms. I can pull the cap, tug the wick up a bit and then push it back down, and then the ohms are back normal again. No hotspots or glowing legs or anything. This is my first coil attempt, so who knows.

TB

Did you dry fire this wire?

I have some from a while back. Did a coil burn at very low wattage and the coating flaked off. Funny after the coating came off, it still did not short out, but still was enough to file it away for another day. :)

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
I believe that's the stuff. jubal81 will have to verify, but if I remember correctly, that's it. Cool_Breeze found some 27g that has like an 8 ohm/ft rating.

This 29g stuff appears to be holding up rather well. I will check it out again in the morning.

Going to try my hand at a couple of inside out coil tubes in the morning. We'll see how that goes.

I just found this on ebay and bought it. TBinAZ, is this the stuff your using?
10 Feet Nichrome Wire w High Temp Enamel Coat 29 Gauge 0113 Dim 5 487 Ohms | eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread