free liquid samples !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad P

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
S.F. bay area, Californa
Ok, I got my samples!

I am going to start by saying that I have made my own NETs in the past. I have extracted several batches and varieties. IMO, they are not too bad. I have been vaping these exclusively for the past couple years. The main purpose for me to get these samples was to see what at least one main stream producer is putting out there - and how I'm doing in comparison. Maybe get ideas to make something new.

I did short taste tests of each. Several drops each on fresh wicks in an RDA. These are my first quick impressions. Here is what I ordered, and how I thought they ranked ( best first )

* Cpoacubana-- milder than I would like! Cigar flavor all the way. Earthy-dirty cigar flavor but in a very good way! Interesting. My first cigar vape. I like . Better w/ low air flow and a warm vape.

* Maduro -- Too mild. Rich, "low" tones. Mellow. Not many sharp or high notes in the flavor to me. Smooth with no dirty cigar flavor. Robust, dark tobacco flavor. I like.

* Latakia -- Can be very strong in pipe tobacco. I usually don't care for it too much. I was surprised by this flavor! Vaping this is different from any that I have smoked. More complex in its flavors that I expected. Pretty darn good. I may have to concider doing a Latakia extract sometime.

Leaf Erickson -- Tasted like a general pipe tobacco. Not bad, but didn't blow my socks off.

New Amsterdam- Probably my least favorite of the bunch. More like a very aromatic pipe tobacco. Too many flavors going on at once for me. Sweeter, more artificial tasting.

I am going to have to go back and taste them all again, but these were my first impressions. Without a doubt, catagorically, I think they could ALL use a higher flavor %.
They were all too mild for my taste. Perhaps adding some nicotine will help. I will try that. If I discover anything worth passing on, I will be back. All in all, pretty worth while!

Reactions: MSK421
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread