Status
Not open for further replies.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Thanks to vaping my lungs don't hurt anymore and I've been getting into fitness and exercise more than ever in my life before. I've been walking in our local big park and taking the kids to the playground more often. The past few days I've seen so many vapers and it makes me grin ear to ear. I haven't had the nerve to strike up a conversation with anyone yet, I'm always curious what other people are using and have few people IRL that I can talk to about vaping. I like seeing the normalization of vaping despite looming regulations.

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
I haven't seen any of them blowing gigantic clouds yet, but it's only been about a week of park visits. I've caught a few discrete puffs and a mod in hand. I don't want to be all creepy staring at their mods trying to check out their gear! ;)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I haven't had the nerve to strike up a conversation with anyone yet, I'm always curious what other people are using and have few people IRL that I can talk to about vaping.
Same here.I did strike up a converation with 1 guy last summer about vaping,but only because he had already came and started talking to me about something else.I got happy thinking i'd have this great vaping related conversation,since he had a nice mech mod/rda setup.I asked him which setup he was using,figured that would get the conversation going,but i was quickly dissapointed.He said i don't know what it is,my girlfriend got it because she doesn't want me smoking,i don't like it.I still tried to talk about it,and about other ones he should try,but he had no interest and walked away haha.

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Same here.I did strike up a converation with 1 guy last summer about vaping,but only because he had already came and started talking to me about something else.I got happy thinking i'd have this great vaping related conversation,since he had a nice mech mod/rda setup.I asked him which setup he was using,figured that would get the conversation going,but i was quickly dissapointed.He said i don't know what it is,my girlfriend got it because she doesn't want me smoking,i don't like it.I still tried to talk about it,and about other ones he should try,but he had no interest and walked away haha.
Bummer!

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
i'm north of bren, ironically it's smokers who hassle me and nonsmokers, who look at me and let me go on my cloudy way with just the glance. i've gotten a few funny looks for the clouds out my windows at stop-lights... but as i've said a few times, i'm rural. at our garage quite a few of our customers are great about it and ask about it or ask for info getting into it themselves, both hubby and i are advocates.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Here in North Carolina I see more vapers in traffic all the time, easy to spot the plumes of vapor wafting out the windows in traffic and at stop lights. Also have experienced a few drivers giving me the "hand check" salute. It's kinda weird really...

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Honestly vapers are pretty much the only strangers I'll walk up to and strike up a conversation with and generally I'll only do it if they're paying attention to me while they're holding a vape..

I live in a smallish town 15k pop, there's no vape shop here so it really hasn't caught on :/ Most of the people I have seen are all over 50, one guy that works at the grocery store is five years smoke free ON A CE5!! I'm hoping one day to win a decent rebuildable MTL starter kit to hand to him brand new in the box just so he can have decent battery life >.<

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I usually get the mod wave when I am in traffic. I'll talk to anybody any time. Vaping, non vaping, doesn't matter to me. Sometimes I act like we were already in the middle of a conversation and I've known them forever. It really annoys people when I do it in the bathroom at the urinal. I'll call them Jerry and in the middle of babbling I'll lean over, look down and say "Wow, looks like those scabs mostly cleared up! Wash your hands if your are gonna rub some ointment on it again!" Most guys get scared and try to zip up mid-stream and I laugh and laugh. I've only been punched once. Any ways, most vapers aren't really interested in talking to me about vaping.

Last edited:

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
I live in a smallish town 15k pop, there's no vape shop here so it really hasn't caught on :/
ironically, there's 3 of us that vape on my road, another neighbour who spends summers up here from hamilton who vapes... we're working on the rest... oh and about 50pop in winter maybe 100 in summer, cottage country! lmao.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
ironically, there's 3 of us that vape on my road, another neighbour who spends summers up here from hamilton who vapes... we're working on the rest... oh and about 50pop in winter maybe 100 in summer, cottage country! lmao.
Yeah same here, dead here in the Winter, I'm going stir crazy... I've went from 8-9ml to 12ml a day just for something to do I think lol... My inlaws own a Marina up the street from me but they leave for the winter and rent out sleds in Muskoka I've converted a couple of them but won't see them until the ice is off the lake (Nipissing) ...

I live a few KM's out of town down a dead end road on the lake, towns population is decent size but feels really small I guess >.>

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
Here in North Carolina I see more vapers in traffic all the time, easy to spot the plumes of vapor wafting out the windows in traffic and at stop lights. Also have experienced a few drivers giving me the "hand check" salute. It's kinda weird really...

I was in Chapel Hill the other day in a store and a sales lady asked me did I vape. I guess she saw the atty top sticking out of my shirt pocket. We go to talking and her husband had just stopped making juice, which he did for a living. Gonna contact him about his stockpile.

She was a vapor too. Good convo.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Vapers in the wild???

I just don't see them here in the southern Niagara region.... but I know they're out there.

There is a vape shop in the town I live closest to and it's still open after 3 years so somebody must be shopping there. When I happen to drive by or if I'm parked across the street I always look, but never do see anybody in there.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
I usually get the mod wave when I am in traffic. I'll talk to anybody any time. Vaping, non vaping, doesn't matter to me. Sometimes I act like we were already in the middle of a conversation and I've known them forever. It really annoys people when I do it in the bathroom at the urinal. I'll call them Jerry and in the middle of babbling I'll lean over, look down and say "Wow, looks like those scabs mostly cleared up! Wash your hands if your are gonna rub some ointment on it again!" Most guys get scared and try to zip up mid-stream and I laugh and laugh. I've only been punched once. Any ways, most vapers aren't really interested in talking to me about vaping.

Yea...At the urinal... If it were me, id make it #2,3, & 4, that just goes against all the unwritten code of the urinals.

Ballsy ill give you that.

Other than that i am the same way. T

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
I see vapers rarely, but when I do I say " you know that's a lot worse than smoking ". I wait fo the look and then pull my mod out from behind my back.
Way back in my early 20s I had quite a few tattoos (in some very painful spots) but none were visible, I would always ask people if their tattoos hurt when they got them. :lol:

Now I have too much showing to get away with that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread