Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
@Tonee N - have you used the rba deck in any of your multitude of FireLukes? I am just curious as to how easy it is to do and what I have to look forward to.
It's simple and doesn't leak. Wicking is the......[emoji106]

Sent from the future

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
It's simple and doesn't leak. Wicking is the......[emoji106]

Sent from the future

I will hunt you down and make you pay if this isn't true. LOL The sextuple coil that comes pre-installed is excellent so I will wait for it to fade out before I give it a go - or, maybe not. I can save the sextuple coil and experiment anyway. Depends on my mood.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
@Tonee N and @mjag - I need some advice on coils for the RBA deck on the Fireluke. I spent hours trying to get the coils that came with the deck set and finally threw them away. I need to roll some. The problem I ran into with the included wire coils is that that didn't seem to fit right - it hard to explain. When I got them in, they seemed very low compared to what I am used to. Attempts to raise them failed. I saw a short vid on youtube and that guy said they should be spaced to fire evenly. When I took the coils off the deck and spaced them, then reinstalled they fired pretty well on my mini 521 tab. However, spacing made them a hair too wide for the cap to fit. :censored: I shoved it on anyway and got the "No Atty" message. It was then I threw them away and rinsed off the deck.

So, do you build 2.5mm coils for the Fireluke (the included ones were 3mm.) Do you space out the wire and how many rolls? I was thinking a 2.5mm with 6 spaced turns or a 3mm with 5 spaced turns would probably fit the deck and allow the cap to fit back on.

Help! My shoulder blades hurt and I sure could use a massage. ;)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Spacing coils is not a requirement, just a preference. Some call spaced coils flavor coils. I don't notice a big difference. I space because it is easier to get even glow, especially with dual clapton builds. I don't have that deck so can not help with size or placing. Watch a couple vids and fast forward to placement of coil.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Spacing coils is not a requirement, just a preference. Some call spaced coils flavor coils. I don't notice a big difference. I space because it is easier to get even glow, especially with dual clapton builds. I don't have that deck so can not help with size or placing. Watch a couple vids and fast forward to placement of coil.

You would be surprised at how few videos there are on Youtube that even mention the RBA deck, much less go over anything about the coils or the best way to wick the coils. There are two and I do prefer a single. I think I exhausted the supply but might have missed something. I will figure it out eventually, hopefully with some help from those two who have used them.

Reactions: Letitia

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Did you google coiling Fireluke? You will find more answers in forums and written reviews.

The only thing I can find used the included Claptons. It looked fine so I am sure it was me. I can make more coils but would like to know how large @Tonee N and @mjag make theirs. It will be fine after I recover from my frustrating afternoon. One of my OBS tanks needs a new wick and I honestly am sick of messing with this stuff tonight so will save it for a new day. *whew*

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
@Tonee N and @mjag - I need some advice on coils for the RBA deck on the Fireluke. I spent hours trying to get the coils that came with the deck set and finally threw them away. I need to roll some. The problem I ran into with the included wire coils is that that didn't seem to fit right - it hard to explain. When I got them in, they seemed very low compared to what I am used to. Attempts to raise them failed. I saw a short vid on youtube and that guy said they should be spaced to fire evenly. When I took the coils off the deck and spaced them, then reinstalled they fired pretty well on my mini 521 tab. However, spacing made them a hair too wide for the cap to fit. :censored: I shoved it on anyway and got the "No Atty" message. It was then I threw them away and rinsed off the deck.

So, do you build 2.5mm coils for the Fireluke (the included ones were 3mm.) Do you space out the wire and how many rolls? I was thinking a 2.5mm with 6 spaced turns or a 3mm with 5 spaced turns would probably fit the deck and allow the cap to fit back on.

Help! My shoulder blades hurt and I sure could use a massage. ;)
Going to go off memory here, out watching MNF.

I woukd go with 2.5mm coils, if single wire then spaced works well, same goes for smaller claptons, larger claptons then contact coils.

It is a good sized chamber but you don't want to choke off the airflow. Careful not to short out if the coils are too high and touch the top cap.

I was able to find some build pics on my phone, pretty sure those are the included coils. I am pretty sure I have more pics in my review posted here in the review section. I would link to it but tough to find on my phone.
b4a26d6ba451e036d15c791bfe9019a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I don't notice a difference as far as flavor too, just prefer it for SS TC coils. Your right, easier to get a glow from the inside out with spaced.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I don't notice a difference as far as flavor too, just prefer it for SS TC coils. Your right, easier to get a glow from the inside out with spaced.

Your review was excellent. I didn't remember you including coil builds in the review but I was so starry-eyed looking at the gorgeous tanks that I must have overlooked it. I will go back and look at that thread again. Thank you SO much for your reply. It was very helpful indeed.

owl-thank-you.png

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I remember you review, was great.
Thank you Letitia, fun to do reviews when the product is as good as the Fireluke. Thinking of picking up another one, need a green tank for my Asvape Lucifer so that green epoxy is calling my name...haha

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Your review was excellent. I didn't remember you including coil builds in the review but I was so starry-eyed looking at the gorgeous tanks that I must have overlooked it. I will go back and look at that thread again. Thank you SO much for your reply. It was very helpful indeed.

owl-thank-you.png
Always happy to help, let me know if I can help some more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread