Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Freemax Scylla 4ml tank Kit with 0.5ohm Clapton Coil and Top-filling Design
    scylla tank features 4ml large capacity and pre-installed 0.5ohm Clapton coil. It makes it easier to use. And Vapor Thermal insulation drip tip and classic Freemax Air Flow Control system make up the best vapor cooling system. Scylla is designed with huge air flow holes, and provides eight size increments for airflow.The air flow is adjusted with a single twist of the hand to meet vaper's preferred air flow setting. It also has the easiest method fill e-liquid from the top, you won’t need remove the tank from the battery when you've vaped your e-liquid. The Scylla Tank is designed with a clean and sleek look. Perfect when matching the box mods.
    Detailed Introduction:
    Features:

1. 0.5ohm Clapton Coil
    2. Pure taste, no dry hits
    3. Huge Vapor Clouds
    4. Huge airflow, eight increments of air holes, single adjustment ring available.
    5. TOP Refill Design
    6. Anti spit-back design
    7. Anti-leaking design
    8. Oustanding range of working wattage
    9. RTA/RBA Section
    10. High grade, healthier materials
    11. Attractive and Appealing Design
    12. Energy saving

These coils also can be used in this tank :
    Freemax RTA Section
    Freemax RBA Section
    0.3ohm (20W-100W), Ceramic
    0.5ohm(20W-50W),Clapton Coil
    0.15ohm (20W-100W), Ni200, temperature control
    0.25ohm (20W-80W), Ni200, temperature control
    0.25ohm (20W-120W), Kanthal
    0.5ohm (20W-60W), Kanthal

I saw on Sweet Vapes that they already have the ceramic coils in stock and they work on the Starre Pro. Anyone try these yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    I just purchased some. They say the fit the og starre.

Im wondering what type of wire is fused in the ceramic. If its a tc wire. No clear answer of the freemax site. It just says worlds first ceramic coil. But I thought the cCell was.

Freemax Ceramic Coils

Freemax Starre Ceramic Coils - Starre & Starre Pro - Freemax - Tanks & Coils

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gallant

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
    Sep 21, 2015
    New England
    The ceramik coils came out in advance of the tank, and can be found online now. Actually, both the Freemax and Vapeston versions are rated to 160w. I am trying them in an older Starre V2.

First impression is that these coils take a long time to break in, are
    I saw on Sweet Vapes that they already have the ceramic coils in stock and they work on the Starre Pro. Anyone try these yet?

I have the ceramic coils in a Starre V2. Still breaking it in but here is my experience. This coil is insanely power hungry. Flavor and vapor did not begin to pick up until 87w, a little better at 93w, tank and vape a bit warm at 100w. There are clouds but this requires a long hard drag, the type that would burn a cotton coil. Maybe the Starre does not have enough airflow into the tank?

I liked the idea of longevity and TFV4 like production, but the TFV4 with tri or quad is ok at 70w without a fight to get flavor or clouds.

Reactions: Gallant
    The ceramik coils came out in advance of the tank, and can be found online now. Actually, both the Freemax and Vapeston versions are rated to 160w. I am trying them in an older Starre V2.

First impression is that these coils take a long time to break in, are

I have the ceramic coils in a Starre V2. Still breaking it in but here is my experience. This coil is insanely power hungry. Flavor and vapor did not begin to pick up until 87w, a little better at 93w, tank and vape a bit warm at 100w. There are clouds but this requires a long hard drag, the type that would burn a cotton coil. Maybe the Starre does not have enough airflow into the tank?

I liked the idea of longevity and TFV4 like production, but the TFV4 with tri or quad is ok at 70w without a fight to get flavor or clouds.

I wonder if the wicking holes are too small? Are you vaping in power mode? This is not a TC coil correct?

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
    Sep 21, 2015
    New England
    Looking forward for the RTA section lets you build a single or dual

I wonder if the wicking holes are too small? Are you vaping in power mode? This is not a TC coil correct?

The wicking holes are tiny! The box shows kanthal, 0.3 ohms, 20-160w, and yes, being used in power mode. I thought it might have been an airflow issue due to my use of an older Starre V2, but now that you mention it, the wicking may be more of an issue. I also saw very small wicking holes on G Clapton coils that I tried. Not sure what the purpose is for having such small holes. Those coils had a very narrow vaping range, 35-45w, while the Freemax coils have an enormous range, at least as stated.

LooseWiring

Nov 30, 2014
    The StarrePro is my go-to tank for flavor but the juice flow control tip is horrible and I've only ever had one last 2 months at best.
    I'm hoping they release this before my latest bites the dust as well.
    My Scylla is scheduled to arrive on Friday along with a pack each of the new coils.
    It's not a moment too soon as my latest StarrePro just started the inevitable decline into just letting the juice pour out of the air intake no matter how I adjust the JFC.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 13, 2014
    United States
    My Scylla is scheduled to arrive on Friday along with a pack each of the new coils.
    It's not a moment too soon as my latest StarrePro just started the inevitable decline into just letting the juice pour out of the air intake no matter how I adjust the JFC.
    Let us know it goes. Right now, my Starre Pro is handling better than any other tank I have. I am in no rush to replace it, but this tank does intrigue me.

LooseWiring

Nov 30, 2014
    Well, they delivered the tank early so I've had a few hours with it using the ceramic coils.
    The tank looks great. No buggy juice flow control causing juice to seep from the base of the drip tip. No buggy juice flow control that breaks after a couple months and stays open all the time causing juice to pour out of the air intake.
    However, the flavor on the ceramic head is not good. I had to take it up to 100 watts before it comes close to being acceptable.
    I think I'm going to try out the Clapton coils tomorrow. Otherwise I will be sticking to my .15 Ni200 coils.
    Still not so sure about the top-fill. Seems like they went overboard with the engineering a little.
    If nothing else this should be better than the pro for reliability.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread