FreeMax Starre Pro Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Crown tank looks so much as freemax Silus.
Review: Freemax Silus

edited

HMMM.jpg

Last edited:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Vapor royalty didn't buy directly from freemax,and freemax informed vendors that .

When I contacted Linda @ Freemax just days ago she said there was no V2 of the Pro which contradicted what vape Royalty told me their information channel had said. None the less, yes the Pro does dry hit and have vacuum issues. I am sure they (Freemax) will get back "on the horse" soon enough. First gen was good stuff.

None the less Vape Royalty took care of me and offered OUTSTANDING customer services. I would recommend them to anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: V43L1N

FreeJersey

Verified Member
May 21, 2015
NJ
I'm glad this thread popped up again. I had been meaning to come back to it to rescind my recommendation of the Starre Pro.

Don't get me wrong, it definitely has some fine qualities. Great taste and vapor production, nice coils. BUT, that ridiculous valve for filling is a disaster. I only forgot to close it one time, and of course, the whole tank leaked out. That was my mistake. I have also had the valve partially open in my pocket causing some leakage and a pretty messy situation at work. My Starre Pro has been sold, and my name removed from notification lists for the black one. I'll stick with the Crown.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

LiquidDave

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2014
United States
www.liquidvpn.com
I don't know what everyone is having problems with. Its really easy to remember to turn it back to off after your done. I sort of like the system because it seems like it really forces juice through the coils. I never get dry hits or spit back. I have been using this tank for awhile. It has replaced the Smok TCT as my go 2 temp control tank.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
It might be "easy" to do, but it is still a very stupid feature to even have on the tank. Having an on/off position adds very little value as I see it, because as soon as you screw the tank bank on, you immediately move it to the OFF position. This tank might be my #1 tank if it wasn't for that damn switch. And, yes, it might be better than the TCT, but given the ease of use of refilling the TCT, I prefer it over the Pro right now. That said, the Crown is actually my go-to tank because it is even easier to fill, doesn't leak, and the flavor is far superior than both the TCT and the Pro, IMO.

Reactions: sd3614

jonnytwocoils

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2015
Minnesota
When I contact Linda @ Freemax just days ago she said there was no V2 of the Pro which contradicted what Vape Royalty told me their information channel had said. None the less, yes the Pro does dry hit and have vacuum issues. I am sure they (Freemax) will get back "on the horse" soon enough. First gen was good stuff.

None the less Vape Royalty took care of me and offered OUTSTANDING customer services. I would recommend them to anyone.
Vape royalty also took GREAT care of me....jake from their customer service dept. Was super helpful and expedited the situation.....I will definitely shop with them again after this experience.

Reactions: sd3614

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I still have wondered about that spring inside, sitting there quietly without much purpose and well proven such is not necessary. For me besides all the problems and in the end it was that it really took longer to fill than my Starre 1. That it did not out perform it in any way (even less air flow) and half the time taking the cap off took to whole top loose from the Glass over and over.

I kept turning to my Crown thinking why could it not have been this simple? Even the TFV4 is not as easy to fill as the Crown. I just wanted a next gen experience with my beloved Starre coils that were "ahead of their time". Starre could have really had something.

Also, one last thing is that the 2 Pro tanks I had ruined 2 coils with dry burnt hits. Never had that happen on the OG tank. So it wasted my juice and 2 coils in 1 day when I know how to treat these coils.

Last edited:

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
I am loving the adjustable air flow drip tip on the starre pro, also on my matrix. The crown drip tip is very hard to replace since none of my other 50+ drip tips slide in solid without coming out too easily. Any recommendations?
I use a cherry vapes cloud chaser XL on my crown, fits perfectly after some light sanding to reduce the length. No heat issues either.

irisev

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Received my Starre Pro a couple of days ago. Followed everyone's advise re filling it and I'm happy to report that I've had zero leaks.

It's def not the easiest mechanism to use properly, but I do like the fact that due process must be followed otherwise disaster! Gives it a kind of 'character'? Kind of like the unnecessary complication of an expensive Swiss watch as compared to a £10 digital Casio.

Vape wise, my daily is a triton and I feel that in comparison the triton produces a smoother, rounder flavour while the freemax's is simpler & more intense.

Although I do like it, the freemax hasn't won over my triton. Maybe with a few more days of use I'll warm to it some more. Thing is, my Crown arrives in a couple of days... And from what I've been reading, it's possibly going to blow both the Triton and Starre Pro into the weeds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread