FreeMax Starre Pro Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

kougialis

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Cyprus
I don't know what juice you have but I had to move from 6mg to 3mg once I went to sub ohm including the Freemax. 6mg was just too much for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
thnks for the reply m8, well i use 6mg in all my subohm tanks and first time i get this harsh hit... now i changed juice in starre and its smoother so probably the juice

irisev

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Both Crown and Starre Pro are great. I am not sure the Crown 'blows away` the Pro, but I would say flavor and cloud production is better. I use both daily but still prefer the Crown for ease of use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree with you more @cjpeltz, I've had both devices for a few days now..

Out of the box, there's more of a learning curve required for the Starre Pro. Once mastered, it proves to be a v reliable tank - mine hasn't leaked a drop (aside from the one time I forgot to switch it to OFF). Also once a coil (using 0.25) is broken in, flavour and vape production isn't far off a Crown's.

The Crown is a piece of cake to use right out of the box. And in my experience, the 0.25 coil seemed broken in after just a half tank!

Anyone had any issues with wicking? It seems when I use Vape Only Atlantis 2 TC Atomizers in the tank I have issues getting a good vape/flavor. If I remove the tank from the base, like I'm going to replace the atomizer, and just put it back together I get a decent vape for a few mins, but then I have to take really strong/hard draws to get flavor/decent vapor.

darthvaper101

Moved On
Sep 14, 2015
Anyone had any issues with wicking? It seems when I use Vape Only Atlantis 2 TC Atomizers in the tank I have issues getting a good vape/flavor. If I remove the tank from the base, like I'm going to replace the atomizer, and just put it back together I get a decent vape for a few mins, but then I have to take really strong/hard draws to get flavor/decent vapor.
I've had no problems. Try taking a needle and poking it into the holes where the juice goes into the cotton. That should make it wick better

darthvaper101

Moved On
Sep 14, 2015
I can't adjust wattage in temp mode. I let it soak for like 20 mins...I'm starting to think it may be my mod (X Cube II). It keeps asking me all of a sudden if this is a new coil.
You have to use these in temp mode. Using ni200 coils on wattage is dangerous because when nickle is heated too much it releases toxins

darthvaper101

Moved On
Sep 14, 2015
I have been using them in temp mode. I did find out something though when messing with the tank, when I open the valve on the top of the tank (the on off on the cap) for a few seconds at a time, it seems to wick properly.
Okay I think I know what's wrong. When your filling the tank, you're suppose to put the drip til in the on position, opening the little air hole so the juice doesn't compress into the coil. Then turn it to off. Always have it off when vaping, as it will leak

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Been using the Starre Pro for over 3 weeks now. ONLY Leaking/Dumping I have experienced is the 1 time I forgot to turn the Valve to "Off".... Yepperz, she dumps like an RV Holding Tank after about 20-30 seconds. But, that was MY Issue and NOT the Starre Pro's.
NEVER a Dry-Hit (I lightly Prime these Coils and all similar styled Tank Coils).
Been on the same Coil for the entire time (Ni 0.15 running 80/20 mix Mech Sauce Juice) hitting it moderately ADV'ing at Work on both a Sigelei 75TC and now a Vapor Shark Flask (set at 35-37.5W & 460* F)-No noticeable degradation of Coil performance or taste.
Slight "spotting" of Juice from the bottom of the 510 Connector Pin after vaping a Tank-full (highly suspect is either from me not screwing the Coil in tight enough or slightly malformed lower O-ring)-Not a Biggie to me and definitely no real reason to bash this worthy Tank. I will correct the Cause next Coil change/Disassembly/Clean.
I do prefer Ti to Ni but as there are no Ti Coils (that I am aware of) for the Pro yet, No complaints and no desire to run Kanthal in Power mode what so ever. Tasty and satisfying indeed.

Find it to be well made, smartly designed (sure it absolutely "could" be better if it were ME that engineered it:rolleyes:), Great Flavor & Vapor production (IMO), Simple Process to Fill & Assemble/Disassemble & Vape on. and am overall quite pleased and satisfied. It's a "Keeper" and has been married to the VS Flask
ONLY personally Valid Issue was it wasn't Black. So, I ordered a Black one this morning :thumb:

But, maybe I'm a tad to much of a Realist vs. Perfectionist ;)

Your "mileage" and Opinions may (& does from the previous 10+ pages) vary and that's Cool too.
Vape On and Enjoy whatever "Flips your Switch". It's All Good! :D

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Agree with all points. While the on/off switch has been a pain, once it is habit, everything just worked. I have had no leaking issues and no dry hits as well. I have also noticed the slight spotting of juice as you call it - in fact, quite a bit today when I cleaned the connector. I didn't even think it could be related to coil placement, but I will check that out.

Reactions: Hitcat44

LooseWiring

Nov 30, 2014
Sorry, but this tank is crap. I've had two since shortly after they were released. Flavor is great but it is the messiest tank on the market.
The juice/air flow control system is horribly designed. Forgetting the fact that the instructions to turn off the JFC are incomprehensible the drip tip leaks juice.
That alone would get a downvote. But within the last week both of my tanks drip tips will just spin in place unless turned just so.
This means that you can never be sure if the juice flow is set to open or closed.
Neither of my tanks have been dropped. Both have been cleaned thoroughly and the same thing happened to both within the past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread