Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
How quickly are people that have leaking issues actually getting leaking? I filled mine about 30 minutes ago and it's not leaking...so far. I filled it lickity-split, put the top back on and promptly turned it to off. The chimney drank a little bit of liquid as I saw the bubbles rise and noticed my fill was a little less than where it was when I added the liquid, but no drop out the AFC...yet. Will let it sit for another 2 hours or so just to see.

Note: I did not "prime" my coils. I don't do that anymore per se. I just let the tank wick as it should from a semi-dry state (but I add just a couple drops around the liquid feeds just to get the cotton in that state of absorbing.)

jonnytwocoils

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2015
Minnesota
Mine has been all over first time was instant then after I figured out the switch deal I let it sit and filled again and hasn't been much but there was some more after letting it sit for a while....wondering why they even put that silly switch in there? I'm assuming it is something to do with vaccum but seems to be working fine always keeping it off

Reactions: Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Mine has been all over first time was instant then after I figured out the switch deal I let it sit and filled again and hasn't been much but there was some more after letting it sit for a while....wondering why they even put that silly switch in there? I'm assuming it is something to do with vaccum but seems to be working fine always keeping it off

Yeah, it seems like a problem waiting to happen when two rotating units -- housed together -- have one that is supposed to stay put and the other is supposed to be adjusted at will.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Hmmm...using this in TC (TL) mode and and though it's pretty good, I was heavily confused as to why the airflow did not seem as WIDE open as the airflow slots (and even the coil head) seems to be capable of producing! It feels actually tight. And I do not use any airflow in the AFC drip tip as actual airflow (that's kinda smoke and mirrors in terms of the actual tanks capabilities with airflow, IMO). I realized that the restriction is in the actual chimney leading to the tip. If you take the tip out and look down through the chimney hole, it is actually quite narrow. I don't care how much airflow all the rest of the tank has, if the final channel is tight that the air is directed to, it will only be as open as that.

My Crown has way more actual, usable airflow than this does and I bet the original Starre does too.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnytwocoils

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
edafooil.jpg

Crown and Freemax Starre Pro airflow differences. Crown on bottom Starre on top (though the Crown is not at the bottom of anything AFAIAC).

Crazy to see the final airflow channel vs. the airflow slots. It's like they sold me a bill of goods. Those huge slots mean nothing for the draw if the final channel is a coffee straw.

Reactions: jonnytwocoils

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I can see that but I don't know why someone would screw the cap on then just let it sit for a little till they turn it "off".
I just mean you have to be super quick doing it which you shouldn't really have to be.
It is great when it works, mine is fine but I just find my Starre V2 more reliable with the same great taste, I think I'm just annoyed with the Pro tank atm so it sits, cleaned out, back in it's box.

Last edited:

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
edafooil.jpg

Crown and Freemax Starre Pro airflow differences. Crown on bottom Starre on top (though the Crown is not at the bottom of anything AFAIAC).

Crazy to see the final airflow channel vs. the airflow slots. It's like they sold me a bill of goods. Those huge slots mean nothing for the draw if the final channel is a coffee straw.
Oh wow, this has surprised me as the Starre Pro feels a very airy draw but I see it and there is no denying that.
As for the juice, I vape 80VG 20PG, you could have a good point there and that would make sense..

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I do wonder how it compares to earlier versions though.

I have gone back to Kanthal coils so it vapes the same as the Starre V2. The main differences were the Nickel coils and top fill for ...wait for it...easier filling..
Funny how I find my Starre V2 just as easy to fill and I'm not paranoid, rushing to get to that OFF switch like its a bomb...
Although It hasn't leaked for me, well only when I forced it to it has been just fine and if I hadn't of read about other members leaking horror stories I would probably use it more but I don't take the tank out with me, as it's always in the back of my mind, this could be the time it empties out all over my jeans and that's why I find myself back with the Starre V2.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Oh wow, this has surprised me as the Starre Pro feels a very airy draw but I see it and there is no denying that.
As for the juice, I vape 80VG 20PG, you could have a good point there and that would make sense..

I was super quick with how I filled mine (syringe) and mine is, as I sated, 90 VG. But I am almost positive that if someone takes all the appropriate measures in filling and then turns it to off immediately after, I bet a higher PG content liquid would be the cause of the leaking should it happen.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I was super quick with how I filled mine (syringe) and mine is, as I sated, 90 VG. But I am almost positive that if someone takes all the appropriate measures in filling and then turns it to off immediately after, I bet a higher PG content liquid would be the cause of the leaking should it happen.
Yes it seems logical that a thinner PG juice is going to leak more, maybe this should of been tested before it went to the production line, in fact, I make my own juice so I'm going to mix up a 80PG, 20VG mix and test this out myself..

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
My Crown has way more actual, usable airflow than this does and I bet the original Starre does too.

I just took this picture of the Starre V2 (I class this as the Original) with the drip tip off, looking down. Your right, it's bigger..

2iuoy01.jpg

Reactions: Mr.Mann

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Ok so I just mixed some pg and vg to make 80pg mix and filled the tank, put the top cap back on and turned it to OFF as quick as I could, I let it sit for 10 mins. It seems fine to me, I vaped on it for a while, which was well weird, no nic or flavouring, it was quite nice though as you do get a sweet taste and a little throat hit from the PG. Anyway, Im rambling, no leaks as of yet.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I really think it all comes down to the "on/off" switch. My guess is some were manufactured backward and some correct? The air flow with the chimney doesn't bother me too much cause I still feel like it has a great pull. Even with my Starre V2 I use a jmk pico tip which is a narrow air flow and I enjoy it a lot better, but thats me.

My thing isn't that I mind the airflow necessarily, but those hugeazz slots they used could've maybe been just a little bigger than The Delta 2 and would've provided the same actual airflow. My issue is not how it actually vapes, but that they are selling units based on the presumption that the airlfow is as big and open as it looks. It's almost like false advertising

Last edited:

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
I have boxed the Starre Pro for now. The Ni200 coils work alright, but the over-engineered spring chimney/juice control nonsense is leading to dry hits for me. Turning the juice control to ON, worked for a little while, then flooded the coil. I've contacted Vape Royalty to see if I can return the tank, or at least exchange it for a piece of gear that works.

Back to the tried and true Starre v2 while I patiently wait on my Aromamizer RDTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread