FreeMax Starre Pro Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
I guess I might kne of the few out there to still use this tank. Will it be my daily, probably not. I will possibly pick up another Starre v2 being its a very enjoyable tank to me. The crown just doesn't interest me that much being the wattage needed to vape at. So just going to wait for the smok tfv4 to be my next new style tank.
Still using mine after a few days. No more leaking once I figured out on the off switch. I still like it, although maybe not as much as the SMOK TCT I have. Curious - what is the v4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Carjnky

Carjnky

Jul 20, 2015
Still using mine after a few days. No more leaking once I figured out on the off switch. I still like it, although maybe not as much as the SMOK TCT I have. Curious - what is the v4?

Nice to know I'm not the only one. That ta k looks like it has the best of every world. You should look it up online. Going to be a game changer I think.

Reactions: Rixsta

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK

I mentioned it on page 2, pre ordered one. I have really high hopes for this one.

Reactions: MikeyConti

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
Just received an email from Vape Royalty. Freemax has acknowledged the leaking/dry hitting issue, and is sending out a revised version in the next 1-2 weeks. VR has offered to send me the revised version with a return package for the defective tank enclosed.
Gotta love that customer service!

jonnytwocoils

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2015
Minnesota
Just received an email from Vape Royalty. Freemax has acknowledged the leaking/dry hitting issue, and is sending out a revised version in the next 1-2 weeks. VR has offered to send me the revised version with a return package for the defective tank enclosed.
Hmm they told me yesterday that they would get back to me if they heard anything further and I haven't received any email....bit hopefully what u say is true and they will take care of this

Reactions: V43L1N

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Yes, I had the same great customer service from VR. They offered to replace it if the leaking continued. But at this point, it is working great so I'm good. They said they were trying to get some info from FreeMax. But, if FreeMax treats distributors as they treat customers, they also probably won't hear back. If it is still leaking for you, I would just return it to VR and have them either give you a new one to try.

silversmok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I have been told by a local shop that when vaping, it has to be in the OFF position. The purpose of the ON was to saturate the coils because some people were getting dry hits so the point was to turn it to on for afew seconds and then back to OFF.

Since he told me this, I have not had any leaks or issues with the tank. Works good so far.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I have been told by a local shop that when vaping, it has to be in the OFF position. The purpose of the ON was to saturate the coils because some people were getting dry hits so the point was to turn it to on for afew seconds and then back to OFF.

Since he told me this, I have not had any leaks or issues with the tank. Works good so far.

Good to hear some positive news :thumb:

Reactions: Hitcat44

LooseWiring

Nov 30, 2014

That actually makes a lot of sense. Hopefully they change this and come out with a v2. Although I like this tank, and it makes sense once the feature is explained, the execution of this feature is not explained at all and has caused many users to believe the tank is defective.

Kushy

Dec 11, 2014
MI
I am surprised to see so many people having issues with this tank. Some of them must have been manufactured wrong, because the one I got works flawless.

After seeing all these leaking issues I wanted to experiment. I had to purposely not follow the directions to get my tank to leak. It is true...if you leave the switch in the on position, it will leak. The solution is to keep the switch in the off position at all times. The only time the switch should be on is when you screw it back on after filling. As soon as the top cap is tight, turn it to off position immediately. Leave it off at all times and you shouldn't have leaking issues. I have had this tank for about 10 days and I haven't had any leaking issues whatsoever when following the directions and using it correctly.

IMO this tank is awesome with the .15 NI200 coil, best temp control tank I have used. The vape is smooth and flavorful and I haven't experienced a dry hit yet, even when I tried using the OG kanthal starre coils with the wattage jacked up. The only conclusion I can draw from this is they must have screwed up manufacturing a bunch of these and I am one of the fortunate who received a good one.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I am surprised to see so many people having issues with this tank. Some of them must have been manufactured wrong, because the one I got works flawless.

After seeing all these leaking issues I wanted to experiment. I had to purposely not follow the directions to get my tank to leak. It is true...if you leave the switch in the on position, it will leak. The solution is to keep the switch in the off position at all times. The only time the switch should be on is when you screw it back on after filling. As soon as the top cap is tight, turn it to off position immediately. Leave it off at all times and you shouldn't have leaking issues. I have had this tank for about 10 days and I haven't had any leaking issues whatsoever when following the directions and using it correctly.

IMO this tank is awesome with the .15 NI200 coil, best temp control tank I have used. The vape is smooth and flavorful and I haven't experienced a dry hit yet, even when I tried using the OG kanthal starre coils with the wattage jacked up. The only conclusion I can draw from this is they must have screwed up manufacturing a bunch of these and I am one of the fortunate who received a good one.
Same here, I had to force it to leak but if you don't know about it then it leaks like mad. Great tank but I'm still back with my Starre V2.. Glad to hear more positives and a nice well explained post.

Reactions: Hitcat44

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
What makes you like the V2 over the Pro?

I'm not really into the Nickel coils so have gone back to Kanthal, the top fill design doesn't do anything for me and I still don't fully trust the Pro in my pocket when Im out.
The Starre V2 has the slightly better vape with Kanthal, more airflow, I find filling it just as easy as the Pro and it's quicker and easier to clean. Just a personal choice atm, the Pro is great but doesn't give me anything that the Starre V2 can't.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA

Yep, Yep, same here from VR.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Yeah, it seems like a problem waiting to happen when two rotating units -- housed together -- have one that is supposed to stay put and the other is supposed to be adjusted at will.

Exactly and lets toss a semi un-needed spring inside for good measure. Most folks have forgotten but the 1st Starre had a missing o-ring that caused issues so this is not their 1st QC issue, but as the 1st gen tank got the kinks worked it was a winner.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
I'm not really into the Nickel coils so have gone back to Kanthal, the top fill design doesn't do anything for me and I still don't fully trust the Pro in my pocket when Im out.
The Starre V2 has the slightly better vape with Kanthal, more airflow, I find filling it just as easy as the Pro and it's quicker and easier to clean. Just a personal choice atm, the Pro is great but doesn't give me anything that the Starre V2 can't.
The nickel coils are supposed to work in the v2. Just curious if you tried them out and if so, if you noticed any difference between using nickel in the Pro vs V2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread