FreeMax Starre Pure Ceramic Tank

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Wworrells, Oct 19, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cooladdict

cooladdict Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    Me too!

redrebel821 likes this.
  2. redrebel821

redrebel821 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2015
    Houston area
    One of each!!! I could use one for my cappuccino, one for my rootbeer!!!

Jonner and cooladdict like this.
  3. Maggie Chan
    This message by Maggie Chan has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Nov 9, 2016, Reason: Multiple ID Company.
    Nov 9, 2016
  4. Maggie Chan
    This message by Maggie Chan has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Nov 9, 2016, Reason: Multiple ID Company.
    Nov 9, 2016
  5. Maggie Chan
    Nov 9, 2016
  6. cooladdict

Supporting member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    Yes I LOVE the hybrid ceramic/cotton coil. The flavor and vapor are the best I have tried. I am very into ceramic coils and have tried most of the ones on the market, but this hybrid coil is my favorite because of how well it performs.

Jonner, redrebel821 and Wworrells like this.
  7. cooladdict

Supporting member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    I have had problems with other tanks leaking, getting too hot, or spitting hot juice in my mouth but not the Starre Pure. It has eliminated all of these issues for me! I do know that some people are having problems with the coil reading "no atomizer" on their mods, though. I actually ran into something like this today. Whenever I tried to vape my mod (Hotcig R150) would ask me if it was an old or new coil. I changed the coil and the problem went away.

Jonner and redrebel821 like this.
  8. cappy24

cappy24 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2012
    remsenburg new york
    so if i twist and fiddle with the tank a bit i get it to work.....but whatever...i like the tank so much that i ordered another one....cooladdict...i think your right that its probably the pin...

Jonner, redrebel821 and cooladdict like this.
  9. cooladdict

Supporting member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    I can't think of what else would cause that, considering you tried different coils. Can you return the one you have for an exchange? You shouldn't have to deal with a faulty tank! :( I am ordering a second one, too. I neeeeed a black one, lol. :D

cappy24 and redrebel821 like this.
  10. cappy24

Aug 3, 2012
    remsenburg new york
    to be honest i don't even remember who i ordered it from....wasn't that expensive....now i am getting a slightly burnt taste.....can't wait for my new one to arrive.....back to my uwell crown for now....

cooladdict likes this.
  11. Buckeyevapen

Buckeyevapen Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2016
    I've been meaning to follow up: my AMAZING wife not only got me the freemax starr pure in black I might add, but also the gun medal SMOK Alien mod. I must say it is a fantastic combo. As for the tank. I love the fact that the coils aren't "top heavy" meaning that their lower range isn't realistic. I have found in the past that the lower end of coil wattage to be non functional in the past. Not so with the starr. I am getting a brilliant vape in the low to mid 20s. Going on my 3rd week with the first .5 coil and it is showing 0% in slowing. I'm no cloud chaser but I get plenty to cloud the windshield if you get my drift. The flavor so crisp and clean. To me it has the performance of a real tank with the leak proof design that the cubis provided but with an infinitely better vape. Haven't tried the .25 yet. Saving it for a rainy day. I have not experienced any of the shorting issues others have so I can't speak to those. My experience has been 10/10 with this tank. Highly recommend.

cooladdict likes this.
  12. cappy24

Aug 3, 2012
    remsenburg new york
    got my new tank in black....this one works pretty good....the flavor is really much better then any other tank i have...I have it about a week now and no problems...

cooladdict likes this.
  13. Buckeyevapen

Jan 22, 2016
    Update: week 7 on first coil. No loss of flavor or performance in sight.

redrebel821 and cooladdict like this.
  14. Bhoot

Bhoot Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2015
    London
    I bought 2x pure tanks. Both leak like crazy. I thought it was me. Gave both of them to a friend to try. Same thing with new coils he bought. Absolute waste. Every single ceramic tank has leaked that myself or friends have tried. It can't all of doing it wrong. We're not newbies to vaping either.

cooladdict likes this.
  15. cooladdict

Supporting member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    How strange! Where are they leaking from? Is it happening when they are upright or lying on their sides? I have had absolutely zero leakage with either of mine and I have changed out the coils multiple times in both. I'm not saying I don't believe you at all. I am just trying to figure out why you are 0 for 2 with these tanks! Did you get them recently enough to try and exchange them? When they work right they are absolutely incredible.

16. Bahamaman

Bahamaman Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I am just finishing week one with my new Starre Pure, and it has displaced my Griffin 25 plus. While I do love my Griffin, its tendency to leak/weep is just incredibly frustrating, and prevents me from using it when away from home.

The Starre Pure beats the Griffin for flavor, is competitive with the Griffin for cloud production, and NEVER LEAKS. Now if Freemax would only consider two possible changes in version 2: a 5 ml+ tank, and improved machining on the top cap threads.

I'm running the .5 coil, between 35 and 40 watts, with 70/30 VG/PG DIY juice, on top of a Fuchai 213.

cooladdict and Jonner like this.
  17. Buckeyevapen

Jan 22, 2016
    Where are the tanks leaking from?!

cooladdict likes this.
  18. Buckeyevapen

Jan 22, 2016
    In addition to your suggestions how about the worlds first ceramic RBA option?!?!?!?! This tank would be my life time tank with that.

cooladdict and Jonner like this.
  19. Jonner

Jonner Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I have 2 of these (just got another one in today), one black, one silver, I love the tanks and the coils, no leaks, amazing flavor, amazing vapor production. I can't imagine how they could leak, unless there is a missing or torn o-ring?

20. Jonner

Jonner Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I like them quite a bit I guess...
    StarrePure.JPG

21. cooladdict

Supporting member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    Both excellent suggestions for changes in V2! I would love to have this tank in a 5 ml size. I agree with the improved top cap machining, too. It's a minor annoyance in an otherwise perfect tank but smoother threads would would make make it all the way perfect. :)

22. cooladdict

Supporting member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    That would be awesome! I am really surprised we didn't see that tech this year. It was the year of ceramics, for sure. Hopefully we see it in 2017.

23. cooladdict

Supporting member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    LOL! You will be set for the year with all those coils! I found out they wash up REALLY nicely. :)

redrebel821 and Jonner like this.