Freemax Starre Pure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I just did a search and didn't find any threads about this tank. Anyone else have one of these? I got mine in today and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Best flavor I've ever had while using a sub ohm tank. Currently using 80VG liquid and it is wicking perfectly.

Some specs for the curious:
25mm diameter 64.3mm height
4ml capacity
Coils have a ceramic cover with organic cotton on the inside. Wire is claimed to be stainless steel but according to several reviews I've watched this does not appear to be the case. Probably Kanthal.
0.25 (rated 20-70W) and 0.50 (rated 20-50W) ohm.coils. 20W will not cut it with the 0.25 coil. 50W works well IMO.
Drip tip is replaceable but due to a heat sink which is attached to the top cap, some tips may overhang.
Top airflow
Top fill
Freemax claims that the coil is good for up to 68 tanks. I find this hard to believe. I can't speak to coil life yet but the reviews I've watched have shown coil life should be in the 2-3 week range.
5 packs of coils are $18.99. Yes, expensive but if the coils last 2-3 weeks that not a terrible price IMO.
Tank comes in SS or Black and can be bought for around $24.99.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Thanks for starting this. I have been eyeing this tank for awhile now. You spoke about the .25 coil needing the higher half of its wattage range. Have you tried the .5? What was your experience? I'm leaning heavily towards giving this tank a try but I've learned to wait and read before snagging something because it's shiny and new.

Reactions: jhhollier

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for starting this. I have been eyeing this tank for awhile now. You spoke about the .25 coil needing the higher half of its wattage range. Have you tried the .5? What was your experience? I'm leaning heavily towards giving this tank a try but I've learned to wait and read before snagging something because it's shiny and new.
Yeah, IMO the 0.25 coil needs at least 50W. I get a very nice vape at 50 but the flavor seems to improve at 60ish. I've vaped it at its rated peak of 70 and didn't find an appreciable difference in performance. I usually vape it at 55 as a compromise between battery life and performance.

I have not tried the 0.50 coil because the 0.25 is still going strong. Once I go to the 0.50 I'll post my thoughts. Or maybe someone else who owns one will come along and comment before then.

Reactions: Buckeyevapen

Steeldragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Orlando, FL
I have been vaping the .25 coil for a week now at 65 watts, so far I love it the hit is different due to the dedicated top air flow. sort of a cross between a mouth to lung hit and a traditional lung hit. I love the fact is yet to find any tank leakage on any of my mods. Flavor is right there up there also.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Just got my Starre Pure in today. Quick question. I noticed when I unscrewed the coil, there is was flat o-ring stuck to the top of the coil. I'm assuming it should be placed inside and it isn't just a separator that I should throw out. I didn't see any replacements for it in the bag, so wasn't quite sure.

For those with a Pure, do you also have this flat o-ring? Is it loose or did it stick to the bottom of the base?

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
So just got mine today. First impression was, "Wow that's a big tank!" Took it apart, rinsed it in water, popped in the 0.5ohm head, filled the tank, and waited for about 10 minutes. First 2~3 hits had a funky taste, but the taste went away and after that, a rush of flavor. On my 3rd refill of the tank is when I started getting awesome flavor. Just like the reviews said, it takes a while to break in the coil, but after that, flavor heaven. I feel like the flavor is getting better and better with each hit. The recommended wattage on the coil is 20~50 watts, I found that I like it around 35~40 watts. So far no dry hits even after chain vaping on 50 watts, and the tank stays cool, but warm after chain vaping, but not uncomfortably warm. As far as airflow, it is a quiet tank, kinda like when Darth Vader is breathing but more quiet...hope that makes sense...
Overall, this is so far the best flavor tank I have owned, and I do highly recommend to try it out. Oh and a lot of vapor production as well. As far as the longevity of the coils, I'll get back to that in a week or two...

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
I have mine at 50w. Only downside is it guzzles thru juice, but that could be because I am reaching for it all the time now. :) Hands down best flavor of all my tanks. And I really like the draw from the tank, partly due to top air flow but also from cooling due to the ceramic coils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
At 25mm diameter I'm planning on purchasing this tank as well as the 213 so there is no overhang. What mods are y'all running this tank with?
I use it on both my Coolfire 4plus and the evic VTwo. No overhang on the Coolfire, but a little on the VTwo. It doesn't bother me, but to some it might.

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
I have mine at 50w. Only downside is it guzzles thru juice, but that could be because I am reaching for it all the time now. :) Hands down best flavor of all my tanks. And I really like the draw from the tank, partly due to top air flow but also from cooling due to the ceramic coils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Yup, it's a juice guzzler!! I like the draw too, it's quiet and smooth. So far, my favorite sub ohm tank to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread