Freemax Starre Pure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
Ok, before I say anything, let me tell you that this is an awesome tank!! HOWEVER, day 2 using the tank, I came across a problem. I was at work and when I reached for my mod, the tank screwed off from moving inside my pocket. That's not the bad part. When I put my tank back on, it wouldn't fire...nothing...when I looked at my screen it said "short". So I took it off, put it back on and now it says resistance too low...wtf! The coil was reading as 0.03 according to my Coolfire 4 plus. So I thought "maybe it's the coil", so when I got home, replaced it with a new coil and tried it on my evic VTwo and...nothing...same as above. I took off the tank, carefully examined it, and I think I found the problem. The bottom pin protrudes a little bit, but when I looked it was flush with the connector. I thought I could push it back out from the inside, but the whole inside bottom is covered so can't push it out. Can't really pull it out either because it's flush with the connector. I never screw in my tank with force, only finger tight, so...right now, my tank is useless. I sent an email to VaporDNA, where I bought it, and am currently waiting for their reply.
Does anyone know a quickfix for now? BTW both pins on my mods are spring loaded so adjusting that is a no go. This really sucks because it's such an awesome tank

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Ok, before I say anything, let me tell you that this is an awesome tank!! HOWEVER, day 2 using the tank, I came across a problem. I was at work and when I reached for my mod, the tank screwed off from moving inside my pocket. That's not the bad part. When I put my tank back on, it wouldn't fire...nothing...when I looked at my screen it said "short". So I took it off, put it back on and now it says resistance too low......! The coil was reading as 0.03 according to my Coolfire 4 plus. So I thought "maybe it's the coil", so when I got home, replaced it with a new coil and tried it on my evic VTwo and...nothing...same as above. I took off the tank, carefully examined it, and I think I found the problem. The bottom pin protrudes a little bit, but when I looked it was flush with the connector. I thought I could push it back out from the inside, but the whole inside bottom is covered so can't push it out. Can't really pull it out either because it's flush with the connector. I never screw in my tank with force, only finger tight, so...right now, my tank is useless. I sent an email to VaporDNA, where I bought it, and am currently waiting for their reply.
Does anyone know a quickfix for now? BTW both pins on my mods are spring loaded so adjusting that is a no go. This really sucks because it's such an awesome tank
Have you heard back from the vendor? Attempted to contact Freemax? I'm wondering if you hit the bizarro tank
Lottery and got a fluke or if there is a "bad batch" out there. I hope you are able to get a replacement or get it fixed.
PS. I hate the FDA. :)

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
IMG_8288.JPG
IMG_8287.JPG
Can you take a pic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late reply, just got off work.
It's kind of hard to see on my ipad camera but here it is, the same one I sent to the vendor.

Last edited:

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
Have you heard back from the vendor? Attempted to contact Freemax? I'm wondering if you hit the bizarro tank
Lottery and got a fluke or if there is a "bad batch" out there. I hope you are able to get a replacement or get it fixed.
PS. I hate the FDA. :)
Well, I wanted to let the vendor know first. I told them what I wrote here, and even stated that the pin went in, couldn't push it out, nor could I pull it out.
The reply I got was:
"It seems that your center pin is no longer pertruding, which means you are no longer getting an approriate connection. We recommend adjusting your center pin for proper connection." which led me to think they are not reading the whole email I sent them. Well, I did reply back after so I will give it a benefit of doubt and see if they will reply again. If they don't, maybe Freemax themselves can help me.

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
So, a little update on my situation. The vendor replied back and gave me options: A) send a replacement; B) get a refund; or C) store credit. I opted for a replacement as I really, really dig this tank. Giving me options, that's going above and beyond. I have been ordering from them for quite some time, but I got to say I am a customer for as long as I vape!!!

Reactions: Eskie

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
Cracked my glass only after a few days. First tank to do that. And I have no idea how it happened as I didn't drop it. Wondering if they are using a thinner glass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Maybe there was an unnoticeable hairline crack or something? Bumped it somewhere when it was in your pocket? The glass looks pretty sturdy compared to the flimsy glass tube that was on the iSub V. At least it comes with a spare.

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
just got my black one today...flavor is awesome but the tank and drip tip get pretty hot....i dialed it down from 60 watts to 45.....maybe that will help...or else anyone have a link to a heatsink? do they work?....
Is that on the .5 ohm head? I was using mine, until the pin problem, with the .5 ohm at 50 watts, chain vaping. The base did get slightly hot, but the drip tip stayed cool.

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
yep on the .5 ohm head....chain vaping at 60 watts...i also swapped out the drip tip with a glass one...so now i dialed it down to 45 watts and put the drip tip back that came with it....seems alot better
Isn't the .5 ohm rated at 50 max? If you liked 60 and 45 is not enough, try max it out at 50, you might like it a lot more. Just a thought...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread