French Pipe or French Pipe or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
Still trying to hone in on a tobacco flavor I like well enough to do some fairly serious stocking up on, in case the worst comes to pass. I like the one variously known as "Seven Wolves," "Septwolves," and "September Wolves," but I'm having trouble finding it in quantity at China prices in PG. (What I've had of it is VG, and I'm wanting to move away from glop.)

The French Pipe I've liked was a Dekang juice sold by Cignot. Just lately, I've gotten some Health Cabin French Pipe that seemed quite different, and I like it far less-- tasted pineapple-y (?!). (I don't get it--I thought all Chinese juices were Dekang and would be pretty similar vendor to vendor. What am I not getting?)

Looking through juice reviews, I'm finding a number of different flavor descriptions of French Pipe. One said, "smoky and harsh," which pretty well describes what I liked about the Dekang/Cignot one. Others describe it variously as "nutty," "fruity," "pipe-like," and "not pipe-like." Put together, French Pipe is looking like a very inconsistent flavor across the industry. Am I right?

To whatever extent you can trust your taste buds, does anybody know where I'm going to find a half liter or more of the "smoky and harsh" kind, sans pineapple? Or maybe the aforementioned "Wolves" in PG?

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
Weird how that goes. In the version of French Pipe I liked, I tasted just the slightest hint of cherry, but not enough to where I'd call it "sweet."

At any rate, it looks like myfreedomsmokes may have the Whatever-Wolves I like. (Chris calls it "Step Wolves," adding to a list that includes "Seven Wolves," "September Wolves," and "Sepwolves." Reminds me of Steppenwolf-- "Born to Be Wild...")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread