Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
For me, opening up the cart (prying out both those plastic rings then putting them back in) is a pain in the tush. I just drip into the hole at the battery end. Can only do that two or three times, then it starts tasting yucky.

But can you inject juice into the other end without taking it apart, through the holes in those two plastic rings?

Wouldn't work with a GreenCig cart because of that solid lump blocking the cartridge filling, but with the KR808D-1 carts?

Last edited:

Deschain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
England
The best 555 I've got came from awesomevapor. It just sems to have more flavor.
Where has anyone else found the best tasting 555?

I've only ever used the Boge/DK 555, I really like it...I bet any 555 could be boosted/enriched with some "flaovouart" peanut flavouring though (I intend to find the definitive answer to this when I order some). :p

I did buy some Boge/DK "peanut butter" flavour juice to try this, but I took one vape of it and I decided that it wasn't going near my 555...not nice juice at all. :-x

JustFolly

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Omaha, Nebraska
Is there a video/text explanation of how to rinse cartomizers out? I bought a 5-pack of cartomizers in a flavor I can't stand (Dekang Cappuccino), but I'm hoping to at least salvage the cartomizers, if not the juice. Would rinsing remove the juice effectively? I'm just nervous about getting water near any of my PV equipment, and would like to find a walk-through.

Deschain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
England
I just remove the condoms, .... plug, mouth piece and ring*, pour some boiling water from the kettle through them, rinse under a really hot tap for a bit, and then pour some more boiling water through them to really make sure of full juice removal.

Blow out the excess water and leave them to dray out for the night.

(I use a little pair of tonges to hold them while pouring all that hot water through them).

Thats really all there is to it.

*Jesus! How many hits do you reckon we get from "S&M" sites using these terms? 8-o

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I just remove the condoms, .... plug, mouth piece and ring*, pour some boiling water from the kettle through them, rinse under a really hot tap for a bit, and then pour some more boiling water through them to really make sure of full juice removal.

Blow out the excess water and leave them to dray out for the night.

(I use a little pair of tonges to hold them while pouring all that hot water through them).

Thats really all there is to it.
You just:
  • remove the condom from one end
  • remove the condom from other end
  • remove the .... plug
  • remove the mouth piece
  • remove the ring
  • pour some boiling water from the kettle through them (using a little pair of tongs)
  • rinse under a really hot tap for a bit
  • pour some more boiling water through them
  • blow out the excess water
  • and leave them to dry out for the night?
All to avoid spending a buck fifty (a quid) for a fresh cartomizer?:confused:

Last edited:

AZAndy

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2009
Prescott, Arizona, USA
You just:
  • remove the condom from one end
  • remove the condom from other end
  • remove the .... plug
  • remove the mouth piece
  • remove the ring
  • pour some boiling water from the kettle through them (using a little pair of tongs)
  • rinse under a really hot tap for a bit
  • pour some more boiling water through them
  • blow out the excess water
  • and leave them to dry out for the night?
All to avoid spending a buck fifty (a quid) for a fresh cartomizer?:confused:

Don, new carts aren't a buck fifty, they're two bucks, and that's the on-sale price. (V4L prices, natch.) My refills cost me twenty cents in juice. In other words, ten percent of the price of new ones. That adds up quickly. (I don't boil water to do mine, nor leave them to dry overnight, which saves a little time as well.) I go through five or six cartomizers a day, so any savings is good.

Deschain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
England
Don, I got 50x blank cartos for $50 + $15 S&H from Eastmall...so they cost me $1.15 each (less than a quid). :)

But hey, there is a global recession on man...and every carto I re-use is saved cash towards more juice and other PV related goodies...:p

Anyways, it's no bother to spend half an hour week washing out the old and refilling the new... :cool:

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I prefer my liquids - and that is why I refill. (You know that strange background flavor that seems so prevelant in some prefilled Kr8omizers? Ewww. ;) ) The cost savings is nice also.

Yes, I could buy empty Kr8omizers but.. well... I like the little printed labels and different colors. So I purchase filled ones, vape them up, and refill with my own yummy versions of flavors.

Only the first refill has pain in the tail qualities. Removing the mouthpiece the first time can be a challenge. (I use a sharp blade to carefully cut through the label around the top of the mouthpiece.) But I have it down now... and I refill in batch mode. Takes me about an hour a week to refill while watching TV or sitting around and talking.

I do admit I look pretty silly when I swing my ammo box on a ribbon around my head helping the liquid to settle. I consider this manuever to be equivalent to packing a pack of cigarettes - but slightly more dangerous!

I spend much more time each week explaining to others what the strange thing I am sucking on is!

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
I do admit I look pretty silly when I swing my ammo box on a ribbon around my head helping the liquid to settle. I consider this manuever to be equivalent to packing a pack of cigarettes - but slightly more dangerous!

I'd like to see a picture of that, please.

The ammo box & ribbon, I mean. Not necessarily you spinning it. ;)

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
Sorry for the photo quality but I can only do so much with a phone. ;)

Here is a view of some of my ammo boxes. The box on the right has pink ribbons coming out the top. The one in the back is where I store empties waiting to be refilled. I carry the little one on the left around with me as spares.

Ammo Boxes.jpg

And here is a view with the box open. I have the ribbons tied and the knot 'locks' it in when the case is closed. If I were more motivated I would cut some little slots for the ribbon to ride through when the box is closed, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I can spin twelve Kr8omizers with this contraption!

Ammo Box with Ribbon.jpg

And here is a link to a previous post about storing Kr8omizers.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/kr808d-1/46488-storing-cartomizers-2.html#post798812

:p

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
This is a link to the link to where I got them.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/kr808d-1/46488-storing-cartomizers-2.html#post798812

Okay... that's confusing, I'll post links here. ;)

I pulled out my caliper and measured my Kr8omizers and looked up the specification for various ammunition to determine which size would work best. I settled on a case that works for .44 Mag. (Rifle ammo boxes are too deep. These are perfect.)

I have several of these Ammo Boxes (P50-44) for storing my 'stock' of Kr8omizers. I use one for refills and the others I have tucked away in a cool, dark place.

And the Ammo Wallet (W12B-44) has both nifty smaller cases.

Oh!!! Shotshell cases work well for storing small bottles of e-liquid! Twenty gauge for 3 ml and 6 ml bottles... 12 gauge works for the more slender 10 ml bottles.

:)

Last edited:

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
Don't know where to post this, it's an 808 question. Does anyone know how you can have a pass through hooked to an adapter so you can vape through the pass through with the adapter in a regular A/C outlet. My friend needs/wants the 5 volt experience with the 808 put does not sit near her computer, just a regular plug.

Mammal

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Connecticut, USA
This seems FAQ-worthy: If you go through all the trouble of peeling the tape off a KR808D-1 carto [I gather this is nigh-impossible and the best thing I know to get adhesive off - 'PB Blaster' from the hardware or auto-parts store - would leave a terrible taste], what do you end up with? The feel of the tape is bugging me for some reason and while it wipes clean, it still feels more juice-philic than the pure plastic of my m402's carts.

Having okay luck with the 'condom fills' now that I know to let them soak a bit and then cap them up, flip them over mouthpiece-down, and ignore them for a couple hours. Gravity and capillary action do enough, with a few shakes from the tip of the assembled cig to get the drop in the channel out of the mouthpiece. [Dealing with that drop, the film left on the tape, and needing to kleenex out the bit left in the battery end is making the 808 'messier' than a 3-piece IMHO, for folks trying to choose.]

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
This seems FAQ-worthy: If you go through all the trouble of peeling the tape off a KR808D-1 carto [I gather this is nigh-impossible and the best thing I know to get adhesive off - 'PB Blaster' from the hardware or auto-parts store - would leave a terrible taste], what do you end up with? The feel of the tape is bugging me for some reason and while it wipes clean, it still feels more juice-philic than the pure plastic of my m402's carts.

Having okay luck with the 'condom fills' now that I know to let them soak a bit and then cap them up, flip them over mouthpiece-down, and ignore them for a couple hours. Gravity and capillary action do enough, with a few shakes from the tip of the assembled cig to get the drop in the channel out of the mouthpiece. [Dealing with that drop, the film left on the tape, and needing to kleenex out the bit left in the battery end is making the 808 'messier' than a 3-piece IMHO, for folks trying to choose.]

Some have posted that if you put the cartos in the freezer for a couple of hours, the labels and glue come right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread