friend wants to upgrade from eleaf i care into pen style like the smok v8 stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
There are lots of fat tube battery kits these days. Most don't have adjustable power so you choose the coil (or build) to determine if you get 17, 35, 60 watts and so on. I have a 60w one (<58) and it's ok. Mostly I run it at 35w with a higher coil. There's no right or wrong, but beware the juice consumption on high power stuff. :)

Reactions: Eskie

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
What is the iCare lacking that causes your friend to want to upgrade? The V8 may or may not be what he/she needs/wants. Hard to recommend anything without more info. Battery life? Juice capacity? Flavor? Clouds? Into rebuilding.

I had 4 iCares. Gave them away. I know what they lacked for me. The V8 wouldn't appeal to me. Mostly cuz it's a (new age) Smok.

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
But al85 is better device for same price point
Agree AL85 more capable than Stick V8 but not the same price, best I could find was AL85 about $13 more $45 versus $32 for respective kits. Personally I'm glad I started with the Stick V8 not the Al85 because good chance I wouldn't have upgraded to the GX2/4 about a week later if I'd had the Al85.:lol:

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Picked up an al85 with a vtc 5 and juice off craigslist for 40 had a shop test it internally
Well if you're happy with the deal that's what counts. But ya talkin apples and oranges used versus new. Personally I'd take a new AL85 kit for $45 shipped to my door over meet someone I don't know somewhere for a used one $40.

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have a BBB, and honestly I prefer the Q2 coils, which give great flavor, decent cloud, not so bad juice consumption as the 0.15 ohm coils burn through and at 40W on the 0.4 ohm Q2 I get weeks out of a coil. I rotate so I can't say it's my adv, but my current coil is about 4 weeks and still going strong.

The issue with any factory coil that's used on a fixed wattage mod is you can't break them in properly by starting at low watts and raising it as it continues to wick. I think that's where most of these coils end up with short lifespans. It's not just priming, but also working your way up to your sweet spot. Just priming and even giving it some time and even some unpowered puffs is just not enough to get the compressed cotton in factory coils properly wicking. As always, YMMV.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I find it very annoying they label it as a tfv8 Baby Beast/Big Baby Beast, when there's the tfv8 Cloud Beast. When I see tfv8, I assume it's the Cloud Beast, and most of the time am wrong.

Whats the bbb? I use the 0.4 ohm in my smok get a week or two depending cant wait for my ammit

Are you using it as your only tank? I get way longer from my coils, but I have the tank mixed in throughout he day which no doubt helps a lot. I won't use a factory coil tank as my main/only tank. I refuse to buy coils that often, and much prefer building my own.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
He wants to order the v8 stick for 33 bucks with 120 mls of juice
But i hear the m2 coils dont last and i dont think i can convince him to get the rba section and bigger glass to fit it
Better options or would this be the best upgrade for him?
Smok: If something goes wrong?
Sub ohm'g: $$$$
I like: Endura T18 Vape Pen - Innokin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread