bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
January 15, 2016

Dear Mr. Taylor,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you know, Representative Tom Cole of Oklahoma introduced H.R. 2058, the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act, on April 28, 2015. This legislation would change the grandfather date of tobacco products to be regulated under the Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act from

February 15, 2007 to after the Food and Drug Administration's (F

DA)

hours laterming regulation of vapor products. This would prevent the FDA from banning e-cigarettes and other vapor devices that have been put on the market since 2007.

I oppose unnecessary and costly regulations, which is why I have joined my colleagues in cosponsoring the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act.

This bill has been referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. Please know I will keep your thoughts and concerns in mind as this bill makes its way through the legislative process.

I appreciate you contacting my office regarding issues important to you and your family. I hope you will consider signing up for my newsletter at www.chriscollins.house.gov to stay up to date on the critical issues facing our country.

Sincerely,

CHRIS COLLINS

Member of Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread