Frustrated. Ohms Law/Rebuilding. Dummies/Basics, Backwards, this is not the way I learn ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
ok so if i did 0.8 ohms on the kangor sub mini.......what is YOUR advice to do on this Delta ll if the premade say 0.5 but you are telling me you prefer 1 or 1.2?

you understand this, i don't.
i just need a number thats going to work and likely be very good and if i can just get ONE done......but its this not knowing what to put it at and everyone has a different answer.
thats what i first asked in my very first post......just for a number and then i can figure it out but now i have people telling me different numbers and none of them mean anything to me.

please i just need a number....an ohm number to aim for on this delta tank but i think, if i am right that you have to keep in mind that the premade is 0.5 and i am using 26 not 29 gauge? ( i coudlnt tell you if 29 guage is bigger or smaller than 26-i have never worked with these things before ever)

If i am wrong on that, dont worry about it for now..........i just really need a good number to go with and take it from there? :)

Use 1 ohm

whether you use 26 gauge or 29 gauge, that's going to run somewhere like 15 to 25 watts - call it 20 watts.

Kanthal A1
gauge ----- watt per ohm (per coil) for 200mW/mm2
34 ----- 1.4
32 ----- 3
30 ----- 6
28 ----- 10
26 ----- 23
24 ----- 45
22 ----- 91
20 ----- 182

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Current might be a more intuitive way of thinking about it.

gauge ----- current (Amps) for 200mW/mm2
34 ----- 1.2
32 ----- 1.7
30 ----- 2.4
28 ----- 3
26 ----- 5
24 ----- 7
22 ----- 10
20 ----- 13

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
im just going to try 0.5.........i have no idea what 0.5 means, whether it will be good bad horrible but i just know that the premade one i have been using on this delta is 0.5.......and its been fine

just as the 0.8 on the kanger was the same as the premade ones for that one-----unfortunatley i dont have aything to compare to so im just goig to have to stop reading everything else and just go and do 0.5 and take it from there....unless between now and then someone says STOP lol

once i get this done than maybe i will have a reference point to then understand what 1.2 at 29mm or 16 at 22mm might mean but for not, all i see are numbers ;)

i will report back and let u know if it worked or i am goig to just pay someone to make these frigging things for me :)

i

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
ok have one made but then i went ahead and put in the cotton cut it, fluffed it out and up with a needle as i had been shown
but i think i was supposed to fire it up without the cotton first before i test it on the ohm meter

does anyone know of a good video to watch which will show the process of either someone testig it on their meter and/or what steps they take....i just need to watch someone do it as i have only seen it done once and cant remember the process in the right order?

tia

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Try 1 ohm with 26ga Kanthal on a 2.5mm Coil.

That should be 8 full wraps

Use 1 ohm

whether you use 26 gauge

thanks have that done so far

BTW, I am just using a drill bit i was told was the right size
how many mms it is I havent any idea but i know the size works

NEXT question, from post above....

ok have one made but then i went ahead and put in the cotton cut it, fluffed it out and up with a needle as i had been shown
but i think i was supposed to fire it up without the cotton first before i test it on the ohm meter

does anyone know of a good video to watch which will show the process of either someone testig it on their meter and/or what steps they take....i just need to watch someone do it as i have only seen it done once and cant remember the process in the right order?

tia

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Not the best video but it allows me to follow so I dont miss a step until i finish what should be a 2 minute process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFyXXHU14KU

knew i was getting a bit carried away with wicking it too soon...left out most of the steps :facepalm:

EDIT:

Just watched another video and the guy specifically said i cannot use the 26 wire on the delta ll or i will have to use the holes, not the posts yet i saw a video by some guy that runs the Taste Your juice site and he said its impossible to use those holes......

lol

apparently this wire size isnt good for the delta ll or so he says :facepalm: :)

so now off to look up yet another video to see what the wire size they want to use on this one is and if it isnt again, this 26 than i will just go with the wire they made good or bad just to get one done.........

(making the coils are easy---its trying to get it within the right range thats problematic but now i understand what i was doing wrong)

Last edited:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Thanks. I dont think i have ever seen more than 6 wraps so i just wanted to make sure that i hadnt somehow done something wrong.

Beefy wire?
The store I bought it in, was the place that told me to get that size.
Same person that told me about the ohms, unless i misunderstood somehow.

admittedly thisi would have been a LOT easier if i had had friends that vaped, that I could have had shown me, etc; but no one does except the hubbie ane he uses Nautilus mini tanks so he's not yet interested in any of this---on my own :)

From what I have seen, its not sounding as if i will stick with this 26mm wire if its that beefy, for long but i just want to get t his made, my first one now and then i will slowly read everything else newly posted in the past hour

thanks for both posters, will absorb in a bit.. :vapor:

For most tanks (other then my kanger sub tanks) I use 28 gauge kanthal, for the sub tanks I use 26 gauge, and for my rda's (rebuildable dripping atomizers) I use either 24 or 22 gauge.

26 gauge should be ok in the tanks you mentioned, but it will take more wraps to reach the same ohm then a smaller wire.
The lower the number, the larger the gauge/wire thickness.
The smaller the wire, the higher the resistance. So with 28 gauge where six wraps will get you .8 ohms (depending on wrap diameter of course) 26 gauge may require around 9 wraps and 24 gauge maybe 12 wraps.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
For most tanks (other then my kanger sub tanks) I use 28 gauge kanthal, for the sub tanks I use 26 gauge, and for my rda's (rebuildable dripping atomizers) I use either 24 or 22 gauge.

26 gauge should be ok in the tanks you mentioned, but it will take more wraps to reach the same ohm then a smaller wire.
The lower the number, the larger the gauge/wire thickness.
The smaller the wire, the higher the resistance. So with 28 gauge where six wraps will get you .8 ohms (depending on wrap diameter of course) 26 gauge may require around 9 wraps and 24 gauge maybe 12 wraps.

ok thats making sense----thank you

im going to watch this video again but he stresses the 26 wont be right so I may have to put this off yet one more day and now go get different wire ......but in the meantime, i understand perfectly what you are saying and thats good to know

its possible someone else has said that before and maybe it didn't click or maybe they didnt but i will read through everything again once i am done so then it will make sense.........

i was thinking that the 9 wraps would have made it too "wide" perhaps for lack of a better word but until i can get through it once i cant say as i dont have a reference point in which to know if that was right or wrong

but ok i see what u mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx0Hf4BrR4k

yes, says i need the higher gauge wires to do this one with and the 26 i have seems to be the one he says must use the holes rather than the posts which are tricker to use so no........i have to put this off until tomorrow OR right now i am just going to use the wire it came with and at least get through this process once even if it isnt the idea coil...

so tomorrow i should go for 28? And keep the 26 for the sub mini??!!!!

( i keep thinking backwards on these numbers---it should be 28, not 22)

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
For entirely subjective reasons. A coil in the range of .8 to 1.2 ohm will work just fine in any of the setups you listed, since you can adjust your power up and down to find your sweet spot. On a mechanical mod, you HAVE to do those adjustments on the coil.

Being that .8 - 1.2 ohm is in the right range, when i throw on the coil that came with the RDA piece it comes out to 1.06 for the Delta tank.
Why would the company themselves make one like that, at one outside of the range?

EDIT:

Thank you ever one again.
I do appreciate all of your help.

The problem is I have learned that its not good to ask such a question online.
The best way is to simply have someone show you. BUT at the right time, not a month before you are going to do it.

Asking online, if anything, although people are all being helpful, but with so many people answering I find that there are so many little questions that come up and if one were sitting amongst a group of friends they would all be answered as you were going alone and the job would get done.
In such an environment the person answering the question, watching you will then anticipate your next question, so you have the answer before you ask it.

But because you have to wait 3 hours for an answer, or until the next morning, etc; the method almost makes you feel even more stupid for what should take 5 minutes turns out to take 24 hrs.
Waiting then causes what confidence you gain to lose so you dont move forward but get stuck even further.

Hence what I have learned is that there are a zillion videos out there showing you how to wrap a coil but i find that so easy and dont understand how anyone could wrap a bad one but apparently they do-----but more so, no one seems to show or focus on explaining why a certain gauge of wire was chosen and then secondly, showing the process of testing it on the ohms meter which was the main part that was causing confusion for me, not the wire building itself.

SO I wish there had been a video that very clearly showed the process AFTER the wire was made, showing what someone does if it doesnt read proplery on the ohms meter and what do to when those problems arise.....that would have solved everything for me had one like that existed.

So not having the right wire i have to pick some up today but I was just going to use the wire that it came with already coiled just for today but now that it reads 1.06 which is outside the guilde lines given here....im stumped again wondering what to do to get it into the right numbers.
I was told you had to squish it together to create better resistance but this made one is pretty tight. i dont see how squishing it any ore together will get it into the right range........so do I undo 1-2 wraps or is it useless to me?

Last edited:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Being that .8 - 1.2 ohm is in the right range, when i throw on the coil that came with the RDA piece it comes out to 1.06 for the Delta tank.
Why would the company themselves make one like that, at one outside of the range?

EDIT:

Thank you ever one again.
I do appreciate all of your help.

The problem is I have learned that its not good to ask such a question online.
The best way is to simply have someone show you. BUT at the right time, not a month before you are going to do it.

Asking online, if anything, although people are all being helpful, but with so many people answering I find that there are so many little questions that come up and if one were sitting amongst a group of friends they would all be answered as you were going alone and the job would get done.
In such an environment the person answering the question, watching you will then anticipate your next question, so you have the answer before you ask it.

But because you have to wait 3 hours for an answer, or until the next morning, etc; the method almost makes you feel even more stupid for what should take 5 minutes turns out to take 24 hrs.
Waiting then causes what confidence you gain to lose so you dont move forward but get stuck even further.

Hence what I have learned is that there are a zillion videos out there showing you how to wrap a coil but i find that so easy and dont understand how anyone could wrap a bad one but apparently they do-----but more so, no one seems to show or focus on explaining why a certain gauge of wire was chosen and then secondly, showing the process of testing it on the ohms meter which was the main part that was causing confusion for me, not the wire building itself.

SO I wish there had been a video that very clearly showed the process AFTER the wire was made, showing what someone does if it doesnt read proplery on the ohms meter and what do to when those problems arise.....that would have solved everything for me had one like that existed.

So not having the right wire i have to pick some up today but I was just going to use the wire that it came with already coiled just for today but now that it reads 1.06 which is outside the guilde lines given here....im stumped again wondering what to do to get it into the right numbers.
I was told you had to squish it together to create better resistance but this made one is pretty tight. i dont see how squishing it any ore together will get it into the right range........so do I undo 1-2 wraps or is it useless to me?

1.06 would actually be within the range given here.... It's higher then the .8, lower then the 1.2....... Using that coil will be just fine :p

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
When using a mechanical mod, using a higher ohm coil will lower your wattage output, so getting the correct ohms is important for getting the quality of vape you desire.
You are using a regulated device. If the coil fits on your atty, and is within the operating range of your mod....all is good, just adjust your wattage up or down to find the vape you like. So since wire and cotton is pretty cheap, just play around with building coils, don't worry so much about landing on a specific ohm... If the coil isn't good your mod won't fire (advice I'd never give to someone using a mechanical mod.). After building enough coils, you will start to see how many wraps you need to get in the ohm range you want, you'll start to figure out what coils you like the performance of etc..
One piece of advice.... If your mod uses replaceable batteries, be sure you are using good ones....25-30 amp batteries.
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
1.06 would actually be within the range given here.... It's higher then the .8, lower then the 1.2....... Using that coil will be just fine :p

Thanks...Youre right. /sighs i so hate numbers and those zeros and i just dont seem to agree with one another :oops:

BTW, should there be any other mathmatical geniuses like myself who got hung upon the ohms meter part of it, since i believe its always helpful to warn people of potential problems you will definetely experience unless someone warns you ahead of time, which they won't, heres one for you........

When you go to wrap the coil do make sure that you DONT unscrew that little screw off of the plate entirely. Trying to get it back on will have you swearing at all and wondering why you never had children or grandchildren to do all these things you hate to do yourself

Yeah, dont unscrew it. Or be sure you do have the right tools first

:oops:

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Hey, I see you are having a few issues in understanding how to pick a resistance. The coil building part is more self expanitory, because once you do it right you'll get it everytime.

I posted a thread the other day explaining Ohm's law and how it relates to devices. It's a long read, but it may help you.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-guide-vaping-ch1-ohms-law.html#post15577920

For your istick 50 it can fire 50 watts or 10 volts. It can also read 0.2-5.0ohms. Let's play it safe and say the amp limit is 20. This means you'll get better performance from the device with higher resistance. Anything 0.5 up to 1.5 ohms will work well. you'll get more battery life with higher resistance too, assuming you hold the wattage constant.

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I too am new to coil making. I've done several successful coils so far. It might help to have a goal. I started vaping on a Nautilus mini and it's still my favorite for flavor and vapor quality but I'm tired of buying the coils. So my goal was to be able to build setups that are as good or better than the N minis. I've accomplished that and here is what I did. The N mini uses 1.6 and 1.8 ohm coils and has a tight draw. So for my Kanger sub mini rta I am make 1.6 -2.1 ohm coils and reduce the draw by opening only part of the smallest air hole on the kanger tank and running the same 10-15 watts as I would with the N mini. And voila! Mission accomplished. I prefer the vapor and flavor of my Kanger mini rta setup over the N mini so now the N mini is relegated to backup. I think you mentioned having an N mini. If you like that vape you should be able to accomplish the same with your delta 2. By the way, higher ohm coils use power more efficently so your batteries last longer. I never got the taste and vapor quality I wanted from sub ohm coils. My Atlantis is gathering dust.

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Hey, I see you are having a few issues in understanding how to pick a resistance. The coil building part is more self expanitory, because once you do it right you'll get it everytime.

I posted a thread the other day explaining Ohm's law and how it relates to devices. It's a long read, but it may help you.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-guide-vaping-ch1-ohms-law.html#post15577920

For your istick 50 it can fire 50 watts or 10 volts. It can also read 0.2-5.0ohms. Let's play it safe and say the amp limit is 20. This means you'll get better performance from the device with higher resistance. Anything 0.5 up to 1.5 ohms will work well. you'll get more battery life with higher resistance too, assuming you hold the wattage constant.

Thank You Very much. You have explained it well.
I just read over that now and will sit down and read it again in 24 hours.

My eyes and brain are on a 24 hour break. My brain and eyes are fully taxed at the moment. (bear with me and it will become clearer)

On top of trying to understand the resistance needed, I am also having to learn how to flash my phone for the first time, which for those that dont know what that means, its taking a smart phone and ridding yourself of the operating system it came with and putting on a completely different one. It too has a great learning curve so you dont brick ur phone and make it unusable.

I also have someone trying to teach me that the reason I have a sore throat is because my juice is at a 50/50 mix. Its been suggested that since I have started to sub ohm that I should go with only...........sorry, at tis very second i cant remember if it is 100% PG or 100% VG. I wil have to look that up again but i am trying to figure that out as well.
I have a 100w Seigelei and on it a Kangor submini tank---at 17w.........and the juice is all 50/50 but on that set up its not only very tasty but in a nice, almost subtle but strong way and is very enjoyable.

I have a second, a Vamo clone 30-40w and on that one I am using it with a Delta ll tank. I assume its wattage or something might not be as accurate as the others for this one, on another Delta ll on top of it, i find the nice spot is at 32w....and it too is quite enjoyable.

BUT on the iStick 50w with a Delta ll I have had to push down as low as i can to 22w.........i have a very sore throat. Am starting to user the iStick less and less for this reason although i dont yet understand fully why.

The juice is all exactly the same as in 50/50 just 3 different flavours but its not enough that each device seems to need a different wattage output, but one juice on one device is so tasty, but on another device, less so...and my throat fine on 2 but on the 3rd, i just woke up feeling it...so on top of trying to understand resistance and wattage i have to account for each device and its great differences....lol

So thank you very much for your help and that thread I believe looking at it as I just did will answer all of my yet unasked questions or ones I am still not 100% clear on.

(Its been too much to learn all at once (with learning how to flash a smart phone as well)

I mention that only in defense as I know when 1 or 2 persons have become fed up trying to help me understand one point here or there and disappear.....lol....and are likely wondering who this dummie is trying to understand ohms but i am just at the point of over saturation right now :)

So on a 24-48 brain rest vacation..

And if all of the above werent enough, my e-juice vendor who I buy 250mls bottles for at $55 each, rather than $160+ that it would be in retail stores. As there are 2 of us here, I recently bought 6 bottles but Im watching the levls go down quicker than I thought and since I am very particular about the juice i like I am also having to undergo a crash course on DIY lest i get stuck close to not having any.......I am sorry to juice vendors but I believe the prices for retail juice are far too high and at the rate we are going though ours I dont even want to think about what that would cost in retail dollars - so i know i have to not only learn to DIY but somehow master 2 rough formulas-----so a lot of readimg up on that as well which might help to explain to those frustrated I was not grasping it all by the 3rd post in this thread that i do have A LOT I'm trying to take in.

:ohmy:

Thanks again to everyone and to your thread MattyTny and understand I will get to it in 1-2 days and it will complete my understanding in this area of resistance, ohms, etc! :)

Sofarsogood:

I too am new to coil making. I've done several successful coils so far. It might help to have a goal. I started vaping on a Nautilus mini and it's still my favorite for flavor and vapor quality but I'm tired of buying the coils. So my goal was to be able to build setups that are as good or better than the N minis. I've accomplished that and here is what I did. The N mini uses 1.6 and 1.8 ohm coils and has a tight draw. So for my Kanger sub mini rta I am make 1.6 -2.1 ohm coils and reduce the draw by opening only part of the smallest air hole on the kanger tank and running the same 10-15 watts as I would with the N mini. And voila! Mission accomplished. I prefer the vapor and flavor of my Kanger mini rta setup over the N mini so now the N mini is relegated to backup. I think you mentioned having an N mini. If you like that vape you should be able to accomplish the same with your delta 2. By the way, higher ohm coils use power more efficently so your batteries last longer. I never got the taste and vapor quality I wanted from sub ohm coils. My Atlantis is gathering dust

You nailed it when you said I needed a goal. Thats all I wanted when I first started this thread. I just wanted to be told what resistiance to build one particular coil at as i was already overtaxed at that point (still am)

That said, thats great that you have found what works for you. I proabably should have said that my 20w iStick with the Nautilus mini tank has been relegated to both my husband who is very happy using Nautilus mins tanks-------watching me, trying to take it all in has cured him of wanting to go sub ohm or even learn how to make coils.
He basically has said he does not want to know, dont ask him any questions but once i do know, i can then teach him but in the meantime the Nautiils due to a litle holder I have for it around my neck has been relegated to scooter duties only. Its great when I am out doing chores for an hour,
driving as i can use it easily but to be honest, I really cant taste it anymore......the tasts are so much stronger with sub ohm that i have a really hard tiime tasting plus ohm.
The hubby has 5 different set ups and I keep telling him to writ down wich one is which but he doesnt listen and keps moving them around and then expects me to test each one out and tell him which one it is. I cant really taste it on his set ups anymore .

I I knew then, all I wold have to learn, I think I might have stuck with my istick 20w and a nautilus mini tank and been supremely happy.......so i just want to get to the "other side" where i dont have to think about this anymore and can just make a coil, test its resistance and do it blindfolded or in such an easy fashion that it "just works" with very little thought output on my end
:)

So from here on in I may not answer any more posts in this thread...........please just be forewarned lest anyone post somethig for me to see or read, now that I can just refer to the blog MattyTny has come up with so thank you again to all the help I have received here. Please dont think I am not thankful for i am, but i am just really tired right now......

Thanks again :)

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015

My eyes and brain are on a 24 hour break. My brain and eyes are fully taxed at the moment. (bear with me and it will become clearer)

On top of trying to understand the resistance needed, I am also having to learn how to flash my phone for the first time, which for those that dont know what that means, its taking a smart phone and ridding yourself of the operating system it came with and putting on a completely different one. It too has a great learning curve so you dont brick ur phone and make it unusable.

I also have someone trying to teach me that the reason I have a sore throat is because my juice is at a 50/50 mix. Its been suggested that since I have started to sub ohm that I should go with only...........sorry, at tis very second i cant remember if it is 100% PG or 100% VG. I wil have to look that up again but i am trying to figure that out as well.
I have a 100w Seigelei and on it a Kangor submini tank---at 17w.........and the juice is all 50/50 but on that set up its not only very tasty but in a nice, almost subtle but strong way and is very enjoyable.

I have a second, a Vamo clone 30-40w and on that one I am using it with a Delta ll tank. I assume its wattage or something might not be as accurate as the others for this one, on another Delta ll on top of it, i find the nice spot is at 32w....and it too is quite enjoyable.

BUT on the iStick 50w with a Delta ll I have had to push down as low as i can to 22w.........i have a very sore throat. Am starting to user the iStick less and less for this reason although i dont yet understand fully why.

The juice is all exactly the same as in 50/50 just 3 different flavours but its not enough that each device seems to need a different wattage output, but one juice on one device is so tasty, but on another device, less so...and my throat fine on 2 but on the 3rd, i just woke up feeling it...so on top of trying to understand resistance and wattage i have to account for each device and its great differences....lol

So thank you very much for your help and that thread I believe looking at it as I just did will answer all of my yet unasked questions or ones I am still not 100% clear on.

(Its been too much to learn all at once (with learning how to flash a smart phone as well)

I mention that only in defense as I know when 1 or 2 persons have become fed up trying to help me understand one point here or there and disappear.....lol....and are likely wondering who this dummie is trying to understand ohms but i am just at the point of over saturation right now :)

And if all of the above werent enough, my e-juice vendor who I buy 250mls bottles for at $55 each, rather than $160+ that it would be in retail stores went AWOL.. As there are 2 of us here, I recently bought 6 bottles but Im watching the levls go down quicker than I thought and since I am very particular about the juice i like I am also having to undergo a crash course on DIY lest i get stuck close to not having any.......I am sorry to juice vendors but I believe the prices for retail juice are far too high and at the rate we are going though ours I dont even want to think about what that would cost in retail dollars - so i know i have to not only learn to DIY but somehow master 2 rough formulas-----so a lot of readimg up on that as well which might help to explain to those frustrated I was not grasping it all by the 3rd post in this thread that i do have A LOT I'm trying to take in.

Thanks again to everyone and to your thread MattyTny and understand I will get to it in 1-2 days and it will complete my understanding in this area of resistance, ohms, etc! :)

Sofarsogood:

I too am new to coil making. I've done several successful coils so far. It might help to have a goal. I started vaping on a Nautilus mini and it's still my favorite for flavor and vapor quality but I'm tired of buying the coils. So my goal was to be able to build setups that are as good or better than the N minis. I've accomplished that and here is what I did. The N mini uses 1.6 and 1.8 ohm coils and has a tight draw. So for my Kanger sub mini rta I am make 1.6 -2.1 ohm coils and reduce the draw by opening only part of the smallest air hole on the kanger tank and running the same 10-15 watts as I would with the N mini. And voila! Mission accomplished. I prefer the vapor and flavor of my Kanger mini rta setup over the N mini so now the N mini is relegated to backup. I think you mentioned having an N mini. If you like that vape you should be able to accomplish the same with your delta 2. By the way, higher ohm coils use power more efficently so your batteries last longer. I never got the taste and vapor quality I wanted from sub ohm coils. My Atlantis is gathering dust

You nailed it when you said I needed a goal. Thats all I wanted when I first started this thread. I just wanted to be told what resistiance to build one particular coil at as i was already overtaxed at that point (still am)

That said, thats great that you have found what works for you. I proabably should have said that my 20w iStick with the Nautilus mini tank has been relegated to both my husband who is very happy using Nautilus mins tanks-------watching me, trying to take it all in has cured him of wanting to go sub ohm or even learn how to make coils.
He basically has said he does not want to know, dont ask him any questions but once i do know, i can then teach him but in the meantime the Nautiils due to a litle holder I have for it around my neck has been relegated to scooter duties only. Its great when I am out doing chores for an hour,
driving as i can use it easily but to be honest, I really cant taste it anymore......the tasts are so much stronger with sub ohm that i have a really hard tiime tasting plus ohm.
The hubby has 5 different set ups and I keep telling him to writ down wich one is which but he doesnt listen and keps moving them around and then expects me to test each one out and tell him which one it is. I cant really taste it on his set ups anymore .

I I knew then, all I wold have to learn, I think I might have stuck with my istick 20w and a nautilus mini tank and been supremely happy.......so i just want to get to the "other side" where i dont have to think about this anymore and can just make a coil, test its resistance and do it blindfolded or in such an easy fashion that it "just works" with very little thought output on my end

So from here on in I may not answer any more posts in this thread...........please just be forewarned lest anyone post somethig for me to see or read, now that I can just refer to the blog MattyTny has come up with so thank you again to all the help I have received here. Please dont think I am not thankful for i am, but i am just really tired right now......

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015

And if all of the above werent enough, my e-juice vendor who I buy 250mls bottles for at $55 each, rather than $160+ that it would be in retail stores went AWOL.. As there are 2 of us here, I recently bought 6 bottles but Im watching the levls go down quicker than I thought and since I am very particular about the juice i like I am also having to undergo a crash course on DIY lest i get stuck close to not having any.......I am sorry to juice vendors but I believe the prices for retail juice are far too high and at the rate we are going though ours I dont even want to think about what that would cost in retail dollars - so i know i have to not only learn to DIY but somehow master 2 rough formulas-----so a lot of readimg up on that as well which might help to explain to those frustrated I was not grasping it all by the 3rd post in this thread that i do have A LOT I'm trying to take in.

Sofarsogood:

You nailed it when you said I needed a goal. Thats all I originally wanted when I first started this thread but not easy to get across. I just wanted to be told what resistiance to build one particular coil at as i was already overtaxed at that point (still am).....but I had to learn. I just wanted at the time to be told what number to put it at so I could just enjoy it.........and Id learn next week or so.
As it is, I had to stop as i took out the screw and cant get it back in....LMAO...gotta find time to run it to my local vendor and have him stick it back in before i can make any.( so for a few days just went back to premade ones to tide me over)

IF I knew then, all I would have to learn, I think I might have stuck with my istick 20w and a nautilus mini tank and been supremely happy.......so i just want to get to the "other side" where i dont have to think about this anymore and can just make a coil, test its resistance and do it blindfolded or in such an easy fashion that it "just works" with very little thought output on my end

So from here on in I may not answer any more posts in this thread...........please just be forewarned lest anyone post something for me to see or read, I wont be here to answer...........+ I can just refer to the blog MattyTny has come up with, so thank you again to all the help I have received here. Please dont think I am not thankful for i am, but noth my brain and my eyesight need a bit of a break from this computer and reading anymore for 24/48hours (hard on the eyes + thereforet e brain and I'm on a large 27" retina thankfully)

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Wow...a triple post :p
Your friend probably suggested higher VG. The PG can dry out your mouth and throat some. You don't really have to change your juice if you are enjoying it, just hydrate more.
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Thats weird, I cant delete or edit 2 of them to shorten them. No idea how that happened. Never happened before.
(but I CAN edit this post--guess this forum only allows u so much time before u cant edit anymore?!)
Suprised a MOD didnt delete those.

Anyhow, its been busy so this is the first chance i have had to get back here.

The problem with the sore throat. I was being told it was VG/PG and maybe too much Vodka as they apparently use it in DIY for a throat kick?
I didnt feel it was either and took it in to be tested and it wasnt firing properly so everything was wrong on it.
Thats been sorted out and the throat is ok again.

Been too busy to make anymore than one coil since i was last here but tomorrow i have time to do it all so I got all my proper tools etc and was understanding it all except, I cant quite figure out my settings now.

Listed below:

The store owner set it all up for me some time ago and i have just re-wicked since but I unsure of something....HERE below is where he put my settings.

Seigelei 100W+Kanger Subtank Mini - 4.2V, 17w + 1.0 ohm

iStick 50w + Delta ll - 3.8v, 30w, 0.5 ohm

Vamo Clone + Subtank mini - 3.5v, 17w, 0.8ohm

So looking at various charts on this forum where you have to stay within the certain color/range it seems i am awfully low.

When I went to buy my first Kanger Subtank mini a month ago after using Nautilus Minis and wantint to rebuild he told me no, I needed Delta ll. It was only later I realized the cost difference :)

My only interest is Taste........

So.......arent I a bit low on these ohms?
Or am I reading this incorrectly?

I look at the chart and all I see are resistance numbers between 1.20 - 6.50

Wheres 0.5, 0.8, 1.0? Are they not ALL below 1.20 OR do i have it backwards and they are all above?

I cant tell if I am in the blue the red reen or purple?

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
/shakes head in frustraion, laughing lol

Ok, I have been looking at that chart on and off and ONLY JUST now read further and realize its out of date ;(

No wonder i couldnt find my numbers on it.

So I am guessing right now the best thing to do is just copy, more or less what my settings are on each gear I have (3) and get used to that AND THEN later on I can learn why I might like it somewhere else, correct?

BTW, I use only Jugheads juice (Canadian brand) at 50/50, nic 6 and sweet bakery type flavours only so far

EDIT

IGNORE this post. I was ready to do coils etc tomorrow and took one look at a page and someone said to go read that chart and I did and it threw me back int wondering iF i had it all wrong, hence, the questions in the above post.

Since realized the chart is so old and doesnt apply anymore...LOL......I can imagine how many others have looked at it and wondered ... until they realized it was out of date

:blush:

EDIT 2:

I will have time tomorrow to finally go back over this thead as i think I want to change the ohms, etc anyhow so I get it all now and thought i did until i saw that chart which sent me right back until i realized it was out of date.
No one should ever link anyone new to this to THAT chart
Otherwise i wouldn't have asked the above questions....

This is one experience I NEVER wish to repeat, learning anything to do with numbers/electricity/etc!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread