Frustrated with my tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanting

Aug 30, 2016
Hi guys,
i am a newbie in vaping and recently bought a rdta limitless plus along w a sigelei 213!
I failed with the given coil in the rdta so i purchased a Kanthal 24 to facilitate on my tank, first time my friend helped so everything went fine. So about 5 days passed and i feel there is a decrease in taste so i tried to change the cotton. I THINK i wicked it properly (make the cotton wet enough lol) but when i tried to vape it comes out burning flavour.

I am at a loss and dont know if i need to change the coil as well?
anyone can shed some light on it pls!

I am vaping at about 50w on my sigelei . tks!

nanting

Aug 30, 2016
Cleaning the coil is pulsing the coil (no cotton in it) to heat it up and it burns off the crud that is on the coil. I run my coil under a small stream of water in the sink after I'm done cleaning before it cools off completely. I don't think you can do that with nickel or titanium, but not sure.
Okay i think i should try to do that! Yes i guess i can because kanthal wire is safe. Tks a lot ! The burning taste irks me!

Reactions: Bonskibon

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

nanting

Aug 30, 2016
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could try to simplify your vaping and stay away from intermediate and advanced vape setups, which can present many vaping problematic unknowns to the beginner. Recommend going back to the basics and read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
My thoughts about sub-ohm and latest VV/VW devices...
Nothing wrong with sub-ohm'g if done right and in the hands of an experienced vaper.
thanks for the advice, i was very keen to get one to vape so i wanted to get a good quality one, the dealer didnt tell me much about how difficult it is to handle it man...

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
i was very keen to get one to vape so i wanted to get a good quality one, the dealer didnt tell me much about how difficult it is to handle it man...
IMO:
You have a pretty good equipment, better than mine. It's the RDTA thats hard to get just right. Might like to try this build: 32 ga. Kan. A1 at 1.8 +/- .4 ohm. with .19 +/- .1 coil ID (spaced)(&4-5 wraps). Rayon wick. The preceding set fires around 6 watts, almost the least amount of power required to fire a box mod. This set saves batteries and gives great taste. Some folks like lots of clouds, this set up will give one just about the least amount of clouds being on the aforementioned spectrum. Clouds do not equal more taste. Taste buds, juice mix are more important than clouds tastewise. The above set up will:
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will:
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor (--Note that a 32 wire ga. heats up very fast.)
Provide A “cooler” tasting vape, may produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (less<$)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$)
Less likely to burn the wick (RDA's)
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping
Not to mention will allow the new vapor to learn vaping and find his or her sweet spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread