Funky 60w Mod by Aleader

Status
Not open for further replies.

landlocked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, USA
Ok, so I just bought a Funky 60w Mod, and I am soooo out of my comfort zone. I've been vaping since 2010 and have only used very basic e-cigs. I used an Aspire tank and ego batteries for years and years. I wanted to try a different setup, and I think I will like it once I get the hang of it. This is my first mod, and the vape store I go to was out of the tanks that were recommended. I'm using my Aspire tank for now, but was wondering what my options are for other tanks. It takes a 510 threading. I've tried looking online, but most I have found about the Funky are tanks that are sold with the mod. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

landlocked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, USA
Oh. Duh. Yeah, sometimes things get lost in translation. I wasn't sure what you meant. I ended up ordering a Melo 3 mini. I hope they play well together. I'm trying to get the hang of how things work around here. I was first a member back in 2010, but it's been years since I've been on here. Things have definitely changed.

landlocked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, USA
I've got another question for you pros. When I purchased the mod, they sold me an Efest 3000mah 3.7 volt battery. I don't know if that's a good one or not, but I would like to have a spare. I also want a charger that won't break the bank. Any suggestions? There are so many options out there, and it kind of makes my head spin. I just don't want to set my house on fire, or have any explosions... so I'd like some advice from you vaping masters.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Funky is cute, and should look and work well with a Melo, congrats!
Keep coming back for help if you have trouble getting the tank or mod working the way you like...
:D

eFest is not a recommended brand, as they over-rate their specs - but in a regulated mod like that it should be safe. There are a TON of threads with battery recommendations - LG or Sony or Samsung all offer better quality.

On chargers, I really like my little 2-at-a-time XTar. Before that I had a Nitecore that worked fine, too...

landlocked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, USA
Thanks! I think it's one of those things where the more I read, the more confused I get. I know nothing about volts, amps, ohms, mAhs, or any of the other presumably pertinent information that I should know. I just don't want to blow myself up! Ha! Like I said, it makes my head swim. I've been vaping for 7 years, but still such a noob in so many ways. I just walk in, buy the same juice and replacement coils. I don't ask questions. I'm sooo not in 'the know' about these things. Thanks!

landlocked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, USA
The LG HG2 is a great 20 amp battery good for a safe 60 watts.

Ok, so it would work for a Pico 75w as long as I don't use it over 60? I doubt that will be an issue. I'm using the mod I have now at 7-9 and don't see me going much further beyond that.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
When using a regulated power device battery amp drain is calculated differently than when using a mechanical.
w/v=a
At the power device low voltage cutoff amp demand will be highest.

There are several cells that will work well in either device;
Samsung 30q 3000mah 20a CDR
LgHg2 3000mah 18ish a CDR
Sony vtc6 3000mah 19ish a CDR

These will allow higher watt with equal saftey.
Sony vtc5A must be ‘A’ 2500mah 25a CDR
Lg HD2 2000mah 25a CDR
LgHD 2C 2100 mah 25a CDR

I purchase batteries here ---> Sony, LG, Samsung, Panasonic

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
When using a regulated power device battery amp drain is calculated differently than when using a mechanical.
w/v=a
At the power device low voltage cutoff amp demand will be highest.

There are several cells that will work well in either device;
Samsung 30q 3000mah 20a CDR
LgHg2 3000mah 18ish a CDR
Sony vtc6 3000mah 19ish a CDR

These will allow higher watt with equal saftey.
Sony vtc5A must be ‘A’ 2500mah 25a CDR
Lg HD2 2000mah 25a CDR
LgHD 2C 2100 mah 25a CDR

I purchase batteries here ---> Sony, LG, Samsung, Panasonic

Wow I never knew that! Thank you for the information! Will come in handy if I ever get into regulated devices.

Does that mean you go off 3.7V as that is when you would replace batteries or how is that determined?

Reactions: landlocked
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread