Fused Clapton Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickstive

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Western NY
0e6c69427c34d14d491a238b78eb891e.jpg

Just built this bad boy on my Swirlfish rda. 2 26g Gplat core with 34g kanthal spun around. Comes in at around .4 ohms. The flavor is absolutely rediculous and the clouds are killer.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Finally got my wife to take a picture with her phone. Apparently the LG G4 camera is way better than my iPhone 6's lol. (2) 26ga nichrome80 inside 36ga kanthal A1. 6/5 wrap. 2.5mm ID. My sigelei 150w shows 0.1ohm and took some tweaking to get it to fire so it's low lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 203

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
The fused clapton has become my favorite build by far. Call me Dr. Frankencoil if you will, but I'm thinking of trying something and building a staggered fused clapton. Muahaha
Staggered & fused is a PITA...so much work to get them coils. Try a staggered fused with a 6ply ribbon staple in the middle

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Here's my first try at a fused Clapton coil. I need to pick up a dripper capable of the center post taking two large wires though. I couldn't even get my doge to take a dual of this thing.

b0ae13aac95c9f0f35fc4ae14f151229.jpg

3667a4373bb0eb07c6130a8d0af2287c.jpg

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I know this thread is kind of old, but I was just searching claptons, and I came across this thread. I had the same issue as above - didn't have an RDA that could fit the fused clappies in the center post. I went out and got a little cheapie Mutation X V3 - the V4 sucks IMO - I accidentally bought that one too since they are so cheap... $30.00 for each. The V4 has that bottom fed airflow, which basically takes up the space for a juice well, and just leaks like a .....

The Mutation X V3 is a good, solid clapton RDA for practically nothin..super inexpensive. Of course I had to cop one of those Velocity RDA's... for $115.00 its pretty awesome, but truth be told, my mutation X V3 gets the job done too... flavor is better in the velocity - I feel it has a lot to do with the chimney in the Velocity, it promotes better flavor.

Also, if you go on yourtube and search for 'the art of vaping' - squidoo - if you search his videos on fused claptons, he has this tip towards of the end of the tutorial, right before he's about to install the coils, about bending the positive and negative leads of your claptons at a 90 degree angles to help feed in to the posts of your atty - that helped a lot... in fact on my old atomizers I thought wouldn't be able to fit a clapton - i just bent the leads and they slid right in with a bit of pressure.

Mden89

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2015
Wahwik, Rhode Island
I know this thread is kind of old, but I was just searching claptons, and I came across this thread. I had the same issue as above - didn't have an RDA that could fit the fused clappies in the center post. I went out and got a little cheapie Mutation X V3 - the V4 sucks IMO - I accidentally bought that one too since they are so cheap... $30.00 for each. The V4 has that bottom fed airflow, which basically takes up the space for a juice well, and just leaks like a .....

The Mutation X V3 is a good, solid clapton RDA for practically nothin..super inexpensive. Of course I had to cop one of those Velocity RDA's... for $115.00 its pretty awesome, but truth be told, my mutation X V3 gets the job done too... flavor is better in the velocity - I feel it has a lot to do with the chimney in the Velocity, it promotes better flavor.

Also, if you go on yourtube and search for 'the art of vaping' - squidoo - if you search his videos on fused claptons, he has this tip towards of the end of the tutorial, right before he's about to install the coils, about bending the positive and negative leads of your claptons at a 90 degree angles to help feed in to the posts of your atty - that helped a lot... in fact on my old atomizers I thought wouldn't be able to fit a clapton - i just bent the leads and they slid right in with a bit of pressure.
I have the x4 and haven't ran into any leaking issues. I squirt in there too. How you wick it plays a big role

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
I have the x4 and haven't ran into any leaking issues. I squirt in there too. How you wick it plays a big role

Its really the lack of a juice well in the V4 that made it a paper weight to me. To me bottom airflow isn't as important as standard airflow and a nice deep juice well. I've wicked it many different ways, and have done many advanced coil builds on it. Bottom line, for the type of juice I'm using, if I intentionally flood my atomizer, the V4 will leak... it's a common known issue with the V4, just do a little searching for "leaking V4" and youlll find a bunch of other people with the same problem.

For a $30.00 atomizer, I expected this.... The V3 on the other hand is more up my ally... traditional deep juice well, nice airflow. After getting the V4 and running into leaks I bought the Velocity RDA... so the V4 is definitely sitting ina drawer off to the side... just can't compete.

My favorite fused clapton that I've done. 2x 26g n80 fused with 40g n80.
3e1eb31216831a20d5972f28e1c80d8d.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

That looks amazing!!!! I'm going to hop on ebay and buy some 40g n80.

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
Its really the lack of a juice well in the V4 that made it a paper weight to me. To me bottom airflow isn't as important as standard airflow and a nice deep juice well. I've wicked it many different ways, and have done many advanced coil builds on it. Bottom line, for the type of juice I'm using, if I intentionally flood my atomizer, the V4 will leak... it's a common known issue with the V4, just do a little searching for "leaking V4" and youlll find a bunch of other people with the same problem.

For a $30.00 atomizer, I expected this.... The V3 on the other hand is more up my ally... traditional deep juice well, nice airflow. After getting the V4 and running into leaks I bought the Velocity RDA... so the V4 is definitely sitting ina drawer off to the side... just can't compete.

That looks amazing!!!! I'm going to hop on ebay and buy some 40g n80.
Thanks! 40g is where it's at for FCs. It's amazing for alien wraps and SFCs but very difficult. I've done one successful alien but only sloppy SFCs with 40g.
ee4bf14e62f7ff4a5e52bde5f34d9ded.jpg

I can't wait to try an interlocking alien with 40g only been successful with 34g so far.
66819639cb3b311b0618c4dc0609fa69.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Some nice builds there boys. I ended picking up a Aeolus v2 atty, which was able to take the size of the fused Clapton I had posted a pic off. Worked out quite well.

The velocity is what I'm looking to get into next.... I can't wait until more atty makers start dropping the same post design as the velocity. That post set up can make just about every atty I own function better if it had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Some nice builds there boys. I ended picking up a Aeolus v2 atty, which was able to take the size of the fused Clapton I had posted a pic off. Worked out quite well.

The velocity is what I'm looking to get into next.... I can't wait until more atty makers start dropping the same post design as the velocity. That post set up can make just about every atty I own function better if it had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread