Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Hmmm... what wires were used in its making? If nichrome was used for the core, it should heat up pretty quickly. If kanthal, they can take a while to heat.

Also, how many wraps of what diameter? This will give an indication of the amount of material that you're trying to heat - the more material, the longer the heat up.

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
...heard they were coming out with a Eddie Van Halen coil. Sorry, just pokin'. :p

A lot of us use a KISS coil. (single coil; single wrap; Kanthal) :thumb:
"single wrap"....? Now Im confused, I understand the 'kiss' part but 'single wrap'? how does this coil look like? is there a thread with pics perhaps? Or do you mean a coil built with with a single piece of kanthal?

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
This was a collaboration of Clapton & Twisted Sister and it takes a bit of time to fire up on my new Woodvil. Soon as I get it back from Rob I'll try using a different wire.;)

coilclapton.JPG

Last edited:

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
"single wrap"....? Now Im confused, I understand the 'kiss' part but 'single wrap'? how does this coil look like? is there a thread with pics perhaps? Or do you mean a coil built with with a single piece of kanthal?
Just a single, simple coil made with one piece of Kanthal. :)

Reactions: DoubleDZA

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
Hmmm... what wires were used in its making? If nichrome was used for the core, it should heat up pretty quickly. If kanthal, they can take a while to heat.

Also, how many wraps of what diameter? This will give an indication of the amount of material that you're trying to heat - the more material, the longer the heat up.
. It's all kanthal so I bet that is why it's taking so long to heat up. 2mm Id. It's for sure vapeable but it could be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread